Ladbrokes Challenge Cup: Dewsbury 10 Warrington 52

thehullram

I don't get why the club keep using Friday night's for big games.

1. Surely our players won't be 100% due to having to do a day's graft on Friday.

2. The M62 is murder on a Friday, especially from the Liverpool/Lymm end.

I had a nosey on one of their fans forums. When It was drawn there fans looking forward to the trip. Some were gonna make a day of it by doing the real ale trail. Now most have said they ain't bothering.

Sunday at 3.00 would have been better in my opinion.

So a train full of Warrington fans who had been on the pop all the way over is a good idea you reckon? I have memories of the South Stand full of tanked-up Widnes fans that weren't exactly pleasant so any way to avoid a replay of that is good in my eyes. In addition, if they do want to float on ale let's sell them ours.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So a train full of Warrington fans who had been on the pop all the way over is a good idea you reckon? I have memories of the South Stand full of tanked-up Widnes fans that weren't exactly pleasant so any way to avoid a replay of that is good in my eyes. In addition, if they do want to float on ale let's sell them ours.

i remember this too i think it will of been about 1999 when we had a good team i was only 9 and remember having to be ushered on to side of pitch with many other young kids as widnes fans were fighting with our fans and throwing cans of lager down towards us

I don't get why the club keep using Friday night's for big games.

1. Surely our players won't be 100% due to having to do a day's graft on Friday.

2. The M62 is murder on a Friday, especially from the Liverpool/Lymm end.

I had a nosey on one of their fans forums. When It was drawn there fans looking forward to the trip. Some were gonna make a day of it by doing the real ale trail. Now most have said they ain't bothering.

Sunday at 3.00 would have been better in my opinion.

Does that mean that "most won't be bothering" tonight seeing as they have to play away at Headingley on a Friday night too , after all the M62 is murder on a Friday.

Ricochet!

Does that mean that "most won't be bothering" tonight seeing as they have to play away at Headingley on a Friday night too , after all the M62 is murder on a Friday.

There's a difference.

Leeds are top of the Super League, Dewsbury are a mid table championship club who Warrington are expected to win.

If we were playing North Wales on a Friday night our away following would be lower than a Sunday afternoon match.

RUGBY LEAGUE IS MY RELIGION.

CROWN FLATT IS MY CHURCH.

Judging by last nights showing at Headingley (and I was there) don't expect any record breaking crowds for the cuptie with Warrington. Despite a crowd in excess of 17000 , the Wire support was quite small against the league leaders.

Our match as Shipley Ram states is a less attractive proposition , but I doubt they would travel in big numbers irrespective of which day the fixture was scheduled. By going for the Friday night , I think the club are hopeful of attracting a good number of neutrals (as I was last night) who support clubs that either aren't playing this weekend or are playing on Sunday afternoon.

I hope the Warrington supporters come to our ground in good numbers and help create a great atmosphere as we had against the Bulls , but I expect a crowd similar to last year v Wigan around the 3000 mark is more likely IMO.

Ricochet!

Just got my tickets for Warrington game,got told my lad had to pay £9 to sit down,thought season tickets holders would get in for nothing,just been told he can stand up for nothing.Wasn't all junior season ticket holders going to get in for nothing.

Just got my tickets for Warrington game,got told my lad had to pay £9 to sit down,thought season tickets holders would get in for nothing,just been told he can stand up for nothing.Wasn't all junior season ticket holders going to get in for nothing.

Hi Andy. We saw your Tweet. This is a mistake by the club. Please bring your tickets and your son's season ticket and you will be reimbursed.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Tom

Hi Andy. We saw your Tweet. This is a mistake by the club. Please bring your tickets and your son's season ticket and you will be reimbursed.

Thanks for the reply Tom,will pop into the club during the week with tickets and season ticket.

A reminder: Tickets for our Ladbrokes Challenge Cup round six match against Warrington Wolves will be available to purchase from the club tomorrow.

Got mine last week - are they selling well Tom?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

I've saved and printed this post out and hung it on the wall

Never thought I'd see the day the club admitted to making a error ;)

I've saved and printed this post out and hung it on the wall

Never thought I'd see the day the club admitted to making a error ;)

"an error" - just saying!

:tongue:

Will be interesting to see who is in the nineteen man squad for us when they are released tomorrow.I would be happy to see a much changed team from Sunday.

Think it will be Rams 12 - 42 Wolves,attendance 2001.

Wouldn't put out a full team in this game

Sheffield Tuesday is far more important and batley next weekend

Damage limitation Friday night and injury limitation... League is far more important that a near miss in the cup

There seems to be a lot less interest in this game than the one we had against Wigan last year.

I've paid 17 quid for the privilege of watching the game this friday, so I hope we're going to see a good team selected, who are going to give a good account of their selves.

I'd go with:-

Pryce

Crookes

Grady (if fit)

Beckett

Grant

Wildie

Thackeray

Haggerty

Delaney

Smith

Muranka

Farrell

Brown

Subs

Aizue

Wright 

Haggerty

Spicer

deffo on rest plusThackers got the best half back pair in the league.Seagulls match very winnable.

Reckon we may see a team similar to this Friday. I reckon glen may rest afew, some may be carrying knocks.. Either way lads will do us proud.. The eagles match is far more important though so I reckon afew changes..Pryce, grant,crookes,becket,Morton, brown,Thackeray,haggerty,wright,smith, hale, Toby adamson,luke adamson. Bench Forsyth, farrel, Jackson, Muranka auizue or heppy.

Archived