Ladbrokes Challenge Cup: Dewsbury 10 Warrington 52

thehullram

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would rest mikale and give haggerty a run out. Would rest luke Adamson and play Muranka.

Can't see Thacks getting a break, we don't have good cover there really.

Seymour can't play so will brown get a proper run out or is he carrying a knock from Sunday? If he is Farrell at 9 and Wilde at 6?

Would be nice to see sam Dunn get a game at centre but expect it might be crookes and Beckett with Pryce being rested.

That said only GM knows.

Bumped into Chris vasey and jonnys Moore in legends Saturday night...how very apt ;)

Yeah vasey's knee was strapped up

And jonnys was walking sideways to the bar ;)

Great lads,get heroes,great legends :)

Wouldn't put out a full team in this game

Sheffield Tuesday is far more important and batley next weekend

Damage limitation Friday night and injury limitation... League is far more important that a near miss in the cup

I've got to agree with Coolie on this one - league points are much more important than the glory of valiant losers. (Sheffield Tuesday does sound like a very second-rate soccer team though!)

Let's see how well Haggerty will play in SL next year. Brown has been carrying a knock on his leg and seemed to hurt his arm in both the Hunslet and Leigh games so he must be due a rest. Thackeray should be rested if possible although we are currently short of half backs.

Classifying the game as either an epic or a classic is just a little too much hyperbole for me however. I'll settle for a battling display.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Good luck, Dews. :)

Of course, it will be a mammoth task to actually beat the Wire, but you can certainly raise the profile of your club with your exciting and entertaining attacking play.

UTR!!

LEIGH CENTURIONS fan.

Good luck, Dews. :)

Of course, it will be a mammoth task to actually beat the Wire, but you can certainly raise the profile of your club with your exciting and entertaining attacking play.

UTR!!

Thanks for your support Ant - think we might need it. I'll be happy with a gallant runner up.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Bumped into Chris vasey and jonnys Moore in legends Saturday night...how very apt ;)

Yeah vasey's knee was strapped up

And jonnys was walking sideways to the bar ;)

Great lads,get heroes,great legends :)

Like you say great lads,known Chris Vasey for years,I was good mates with his brother Paul who sadly died suddenly last year. I remember going to Headingley one Monday night to watch Dewsbury play St Helens in a challenge cup tie as our pitching was unplayable due to the weather,Jonny Moore had his best game in a Dewsbury shirt,he had a blonder but the mom award went to Harry Pinner who was the difference between the 2 sides,should have won that game. Like you say Coolie Dewsbury legends!!!

It would suggest from the information given about our injured players that we will be fielding quite a number of changes on Friday night. With that in mind I can see only a big defeat and forecast:

Dewsbury 12-62 Warrington.

FTS: Wildie

MoM: Farrell

At: 2102

Legs, Dews, Legs.

graham i cannot remember yesterday well but i can remember that st helens game at headingley well enough , johnny moore amazed everybody who had seen him play previously and the players were fantastic , i remember chris mita puttng chris vasey in with a brilliant piece of centre play and we would have won if it were not for that bloody scrum half paul harkin .alex murph had said in the press earlier that it did not matter where the game was played as dewsbury might as well concede as there was no chance that dewsbury could win .a statement that nearly came back to bite his big bum .

graham i cannot remember yesterday well but i can remember that st helens game at headingley well enough , johnny moore amazed everybody who had seen him play previously and the players were fantastic , i remember chris mita puttng chris vasey in with a brilliant piece of centre play and we would have won if it were not for that bloody scrum half paul harkin .alex murph had said in the press earlier that it did not matter where the game was played as dewsbury might as well concede as there was no chance that dewsbury could win .a statement that nearly came back to bite his big bum .

Some good players in that team,a lot of locals as well

previously and the players were fantastic , i remember chris mita puttng chris vasey in with a brilliant piece of centre play and we would have won if it were not for that bloody scrum half paul harkin .alex murph had said in the press earlier that it did not matter where the game was played as dewsbury might as well concede as there was no chance that dewsbury could win .a statement that nearly came back to bite his big bum .

Yeah neil holding...twinkly toe'd scrote killed us that night..

I do remember a rugby league roadshow around that time at the club next to the cop shop..sure neil holding and Keith macklin compared the show...it was the same night as wigans long unbeaten challenge cup run came to a end at Oldham in a low scoring game

Only remember this cos I pulled on of the girls in the roadshow ;)

Called her Elaine ;)

And I've still the picture to prove it ;)

Got to feel sorry for the Warrington superstars,having to come over to our unique surrounding and traditional Yorkshire grounds,whatever that is.Apparently our pitch is 62 metres wide,slopes and can get windy too,wrap up warm Tony.

Archived