Australia Name Team to face NZ

The Australian Rugby League Commission has today selected the following players to represent the Holden Kangaroos in the ANZAC Test.

Four players – Alex Johnston, Josh Dugan, Will Chambers and Trent Merrin – have been selected to make their Test debuts against New Zealand at Brisbane’s Suncorp Stadium on Friday, May 1.

Full Representative Round team lists

Chambers will become the 800th player to represent Australia, while Johnston made his NRL debut exactly one year ago yesterday.

Melbourne’s Cameron Smith has been chosen to lead the Kangaroos for the 20th time. He joins only five players who have led his country in 20 or more Tests – Darren Lockyer (38), Clive Churchill (27), Brad Fittler (25), Mal Meninga (24) and Wally Lewis (24).

Sheens will take charge of the Kangaroos for the 31st time since 2009.

The 2015 Holden Kangaroos squad is:

1 Billy Slater (Melbourne Storm)

2 Alex Johnston (South Sydney Rabbitohs)

3 Greg Inglis (South Sydney Rabbitohs)

4 Will Chambers (Melbourne Storm)

5 Josh Dugan (St George Illawarra Dragons)

6 Jonathan Thurston (North Queensland Cowboys)

7 Cooper Cronk (Melbourne Storm)

8 Matthew Scott (North Queensland Cowboys)

9 Cameron Smith (c, Melbourne Storm)

10 Aaron Woods (Wests Tigers)

11 Greg Bird (Gold Coast Titans)

12 Sam Thaiday (Brisbane Broncos)

13 Corey Parker (Brisbane Broncos)

14 Luke Lewis (Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks)

15 Trent Merrin (St George Illawarra Dragons)

16 Nate Myles (Gold Coast Titans)

17 James Tamou (North Queensland Cowboys)

18th man: Daly Cherry-Evans (Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles)

19th man: Michael Jennings (Sydney Roosters)

20th man: Josh Papalii (Canberra Raiders)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In order to play Origin, do players still need to declare for Australia?

Or are there different rules for SOO and City v Country?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

To play city v country you have to be eligible for NSW...to be eligible for NSW you have to declare yourself for australia..

Yet....the RLIF doesn't recognise NSW,QLD or city v country which means under RLIF law you can play for NSW or QLD and play for another nation other than australia..

Yes i know...its a mess

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

How is Chambers the 800th man to represent Australia, when Dugan and Johnston are making their debuts (and starting) in the same game? Surely it's a joint accolade?

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

How is Chambers the 800th man to represent Australia, when Dugan and Johnston are making their debuts (and starting) in the same game? Surely it's a joint accolade?

Alphabetical announcement?

Breaking news: Josh Dugan has changed his name by deed poll to Arnold Aardvark.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Alphabetical or team sheet position? I agree with you, btw.

People called Romans they go the house

Kiwis :

Hiku, Tuivasa-Sheck, Watene-Zelezniak, Kenny-Dowall, Vatuvei
Foran, Johnson, Leiluai
Bromwich, Luke, Moa, Taupau, Matulino, Mannering, Proctor, Lewis Brown, Greg Eastwood, Tohu Harris.

Pack so strong it isn't funny anymore, Bromwich-Moa-Taupau-Mannering-Proctor... *gasp*

shame taumalolo is injured... Id have loved to see him and martin taupou smash holes im the aussies...

Im no really fan of tbe kiwis,i bagged them for years, but them two are bloody ridiculous...in fact the whole pack is fantastic

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

Yep. Turned out to be a fan favorite at Roosters.

I've seen him in action for Roosters a couple of times. It's like a different player, compared to his performances in Hull.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hodges is bumped for a 27 year old because of the youth policy. :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin: Sheens wanted to pick a team who will be around for the next WC :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  Have the Aussies lost the plot?

They lost their last 2 games against the Kiwis and should have lost against England. They've gone back to a tried and trusted set up to get a win.

The Australian forwards are solid and Scott will add a lot as their pack was pretty lightweight in the 4 Nations. Not overly impressed with the outside backs with exception of Inglis who is world class in any position but there is one reason why this team is miles ahead of the one that lost the 4 Nations final and his name is Thurston. A really high quality player enjoying a sparkling run of form.

As is usual with the Anzac test, I expect the Australians to win this one.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Apologies for dragging things slightly off-topic again, but i can't believe Uate has turned his back on Fiji again.. talk about a turn coat. Picking City v Country over playing for your home nation?!..

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Archived