Kingstone Press Championship: Dewsbury 28 Leigh 32

andyram

Looking forward to this one,we always seem to push them all the way,not saying we will win,but if we keep the score difference down to around 18 points,I would settle for that.Leigh are too good for his league,only team with a realistic chance of calming a spot in Super League in my opinion.Hopefully the attendance will be around 1600,the club deserves at least that.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only things I am going to predict is that if it gets tight they will get dirty...Happens everytime.  When they do Mr Haggerty will give several penalties away  (if selected).

Who would be your team for this one?  Gunna be tough.

Would like to see Dalton back. Suspect Hale will be back, but who is GM going to rest??  ?? Haggerty given my comments above.

The only things I am going to predict is that if it gets tight they will get dirty...Happens everytime.  When they do Mr Haggerty will give several penalties away  (if selected).

Would like to see Dalton back. Suspect Hale will be back, but who is GM going to rest??  ?? Haggerty given my comments above.

I very much doubt Haggarty will be picked for this game. Also IMO I can't see him replacing, Aizue, Hepworth, Jackson, or Smith as they're all in fine form!

I very much doubt Haggarty will be picked for this game. Also IMO I can't see him replacing, Aizue, Hepworth, Jackson, or Smith as they're all in fine form!

I would tend to agree Eddie but this years mantra is rotation, rotation, rotation and so far depsite my intial doubts it seems to be working (most of the time...)

Haggerty (Kurt) of Leigh would probably give away as many penalties as Haggarty (Matthew), but I take your point Nick - leave him out. Can't say we missed him on Sunday.

I want to fit into the side, Farrell and Muranka, but to whose expense that is so difficult. Dalton should be back as I reckon he would have scored with the pass after Oryce's interception. Crookes lacked pace for a wingman.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Haggerty (Kurt) of Leigh would probably give away as many penalties as Haggarty (Matthew), but I take your point Nick - leave him out. Can't say we missed him on Sunday.

I want to fit into the side, Farrell and Muranka, but to whose expense that is so difficult. Dalton should be back as I reckon he would have scored with the pass after Oryce's interception. Crookes lacked pace for a wingman.

I can't see Muranka getting a game against Leigh. Here's my team;

1.   HYDE

2.   MORTON

3.   PRYCE

4.   CROOKES

5.   GRANT

6.   SEYMOUR

7.   THACKERAY

8.   HEPWORTH

9.   WILDIE

10. JACKSON

11. ADAMSON (T)

12. HALE

13. ADAMSON (L)

14. BROWN

15. FARRELL

16. SMITH

17. AIZUE

Sport is all about doing your very best in every game and trying to win them all; professional sport isn't always like that though. I don't really expect GM to be so cynically calculating but there is a strong case for regarding certain matches as being worthy of sacrifice, and this is one such. Whatever happens in other competitions our target has to be to finish in the highest position possible and to do that we must maximise the points that we accrue. So, do we throw everything at a win against Leigh and a mighty but vainglorious battle against Warrington? Or should we target beating Hunslet (no pushovers now), Sheffield, Batley, Doncaster and Workington?

The simple (simplistic?) answer is both but some might say that the smarter answer is the second. In other words do we hope to see the strongest side picked every game regardless of the consequences or do we accept a subtler yet ultimately more rewarding (in terms of points) approach?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

i think we can beat leigh

......and Warrington.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Haggarty should be in the side so that he can front up to that bloody nuisance of a player Jamie Acton.

His brief from coach Morrison should be simple.

1) No penalties.

2) No dropped balls.

3) No gobbing off at the ref.

4) And show us why the best rugby side in this country have signed you.

Sport is all about doing your very best in every game and trying to win them all; professional sport isn't always like that though. I don't really expect GM to be so cynically calculating but there is a strong case for regarding certain matches as being worthy of sacrifice, and this is one such. Whatever happens in other competitions our target has to be to finish in the highest position possible and to do that we must maximise the points that we accrue. So, do we throw everything at a win against Leigh and a mighty but vainglorious battle against Warrington? Or should we target beating Hunslet (no pushovers now), Sheffield, Batley, Doncaster and Workington?

The simple (simplistic?) answer is both but some might say that the smarter answer is the second. In other words do we hope to see the strongest side picked every game regardless of the consequences or do we accept a subtler yet ultimately more rewarding (in terms of points) approach?[/quote

Good points BSJ but I actually think Leigh at home is possibly more winnable than Sheffield away. We have played well against them in the past and were very unlucky at home last year. In contrast I don't expect anything at the keepmoat.

I would throw everything at Leigh and send the second team to Sheffield. The first team will be knackered after the cup game and in my eyes beating the cheaters at Blackpool is the number one priority.

1. HYDE

2. MORTON

3. PRYCE

4. CROOKES

5. GRANT

6. SEYMOUR

7. THACKERAY

8. HEPWORTH

9. WILDIE

10. JACKSON

11. ADAMSON (T)

12. HALE

13. ADAMSON (L)

14. BROWN

15. FARRELL

16. SMITH

17. AIZUE

Not a bad team Eddie. I would just substitute Wilde with Tom Hemingway.

Rob spicer could be missed but is probably due a rest.

Will be interesting when our star centre is back fit.

1.   HYDE

2.   MORTON

3.   PRYCE

4.   CROOKES

5.   GRANT

6.   SEYMOUR

7.   THACKERAY

8.   HEPWORTH

9.   WILDIE

10. JACKSON

11. ADAMSON (T)

12. HALE

13. ADAMSON (L)

14. BROWN

15. FARRELL

16. SMITH

17. AIZUE

I cannot see Muranka getting in this week either. Is this YOUR team, or what you think GM will select?

It's probably near enough the one we'll get, but may be Haggarty will be in for Hepworth.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Can't see it being as close as many of us think. I know people are being optimistic, but this is a game we will be well beaten in, in my opinion.

Rams 18 - 42 Leigh

James

Rams Scoreboard/Facebook/Twitter/Occasional announcer/Teamsheets and much more!

Also, play in a classic rock and metal covers band www.justicerising.co.uk

A few knocks in the Leigh ranks accumulated over recent weeks could add up on Sunday especially with Armstrong banned - best centre by a mile outside SL and one of the best incl SL - the tight pitch will have a huge role to play and I doubt if there will be 6pts in it either way. Expect Platt, Hock and Moimoi to return for us after missing last week.

A few knocks in the Leigh ranks accumulated over recent weeks could add up on Sunday especially with Armstrong banned - best centre by a mile outside SL and one of the best incl SL - the tight pitch will have a huge role to play and I doubt if there will be 6pts in it either way. Expect Platt, Hock and Moimoi to return for us after missing last week.

Aizue vs Moimoi, should be interesting!

The simple (simplistic?) answer is both but some might say that the smarter answer is the second. In other words do we hope to see the strongest side picked every game regardless of the consequences or do we accept a subtler yet ultimately more rewarding (in terms of points) approach?

Have to disagree with you BSJ. If every team took that approach then Leigh could coast through to the end of the season and head off to SL without so much as a scratch or a dirty jersey.

I know they will probably coast through to SL anyway, but surely all sports are about winning and wanting to win? Not deciding which games we think we can`t win and therefore we won`t worry about losing.

If the club take the second approach why should the fans bother to turn up?

I don`t mind Leigh winning, but I certainly want them to earn it.

And McNally and Goulden.

Whoever turns out for us, if we are fortunate enough to win, we know we'll have had to earn it.

Have to disagree with you BSJ. If every team took that approach then Leigh could coast through to the end of the season and head off to SL without so much as a scratch or a dirty jersey.

I know they will probably coast through to SL anyway, but surely all sports are about winning and wanting to win? Not deciding which games we think we can`t win and therefore we won`t worry about losing.

If the club take the second approach why should the fans bother to turn up?

I don`t mind Leigh winning, but I certainly want them to earn it.

I asked a question Crab, so what's to disagree with?

Say we threw everything at Leigh, Warrington and Sheffield playing the very strongest teams that we could, yet came unstuck against Hunslet and Batley would the fans then be saying "Ah well, that's sport"?

I asked a question Crab, so what's to disagree with?

Say we threw everything at Leigh, Warrington and Sheffield playing the very strongest teams that we could, yet came unstuck against Hunslet and Batley would the fans then be saying "Ah well, that's sport"?

No worries BSJ if I misread your post as an opinion.

I still believe we should always try and play our strongest team.

Personally I would rather see a win or a gallant loss against someone like Warrington or Leigh than worry about coming unstuck against Hunslet (too late for that anyway).

I hope the players would feel the same way, surely these are the sort of games where they want to play and test themselves against good opposition?

Archived