Gloucester All Golds

TOSH1960

Well we have Gloucester on Sunday and then no disrespect to them but tough games come hard and fast over the next few weeks. How do people feel we will do against the likes of Barrow, Keighley, Newcastle and North Wales?

Well we have Gloucester on Sunday and then no disrespect to them but tough games come hard and fast over the next few weeks. How do people feel we will do against the likes of Barrow, Keighley, Newcastle and North Wales?

The season starts in one weeks time

Yeah, after Gloucester five of the next six are properly tough games. With the exception of Oxford at Whitebank it's as tough as it gets in this league.

Despite their romp last week, following their start and our cup win, I'd be disappointed with anything less than a win at Barrow. Newcastle should be tight as we saw from their results at Rochdale and North Wales, but we should edge it at Whitebank

Then come the real tests. Keighley away and North Wales at home. We will be competitive in these matches but realistically a win away at Keighley is unlikely. North Wales at home is tighter but we have to accept the possibility we may lose a tough one there too, and with it our proud home record.

Then a slight respite with Oxford at home before another tough trip to Swinton - depends which Swinton turns up.

I reckon, in the context of the whole season, if we run up a big score against Oxford and beat Newcastle and Barrow, we could afford losses against Keighley and North Wales and still be clear in the top two when we go to Swinton. That's where we need to be.

Eight points from those six games would be a really solid return. Any more than that would be dreamland. Less than six points would be tough to take.

Like we said... an easy game...

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Well,I thoroughly enjoyed the game...full on commitment by two 80 minute teams, and i wouldn`t have been surprised if they had nicked it in the last 15, they never gave up, had a great kicking game and certainly gave Oldham a stern test which the winners overcame...just!

I just hope the Gloucester player stretchered off who was groaning in agony isn`t too badly hurt.

I havent been to Whitebank for a while, but for entertainment value the game today was excellent fare in my opinion...and it stayed dry too!

Archived