Batley reaction

town4me

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that must be the definition of two bad heaps . They were bad which tells you all you need to know about us . There's just nothing there , no excitement , no entertainment , not even a grasp of the basics . It's a painful watch

There was a drop goal...

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Our lads must coat their hands with Teflon because nowt sticks, the amount of handling errors is shocking. According to PV our completion rate was less than 50% in the first half which is disgraceful for so called professional players. Hard to see where our next point is coming from to be honest, we are looking doomed unless something drastic changes soon. If we are honest we deserve to go down on our current form, no question about it.

Looks like Callum might be out for a while too, gone to hospital with a suspected broken arm apparently, so it's not getting any easier.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Missed the game due to a christening. In the twitter feed, sounded as though we bombed alot of ball near their line. Thought today would be make or break. Cant see us getting out of this now im affraid. How did perry do in 2nd row?

At least they created a couple of tries second half whereas we got lucky with both ours. Can't fault the effort. We just aren't good enough.

Barry said we can't catch in training ... And every week we struggle to catch or collect a kick . The other side of that is absolutely awful passing . Pick same old , do same old and get same old . We look so poor with the ball , our go forward has fell away , and we look a beaten side

that must be the definition of two bad heaps . They were bad which tells you all you need to know about us . There's just nothing there , no excitement , no entertainment , not even a grasp of the basics . It's a painful watch

also no passion, pride and desire at all. Some players look like they are going through the motions. Squad strength is surely the only reason some players are getting a shirt.

Barry said we can't catch in training ... And every week we struggle to catch or collect a kick . The other side of that is absolutely awful passing . Pick same old , do same old and get same old . We look so poor with the ball , our go forward has fell away , and we look a beaten side

We look pedestrain, devoid of any idea and absolutely no confidence whatsoever, they need someone to steer the ship but we dont appear to have any leadership on or off the pitch!

After watching that today I can see Doncaster getting their first win of the season next week and Haven will beat us at Blackpool unless there is a big shift in attitude and ability from our players.    After the Hunslet and Fev games it was obvious that the crowd would be lower and it was 596 today but a loss to Doncaster and Haven and we could see the 350 - 450 crowds back at Zebra Claims Stadium.   

Our performance was absolutely shocking and not even our most loyal supporters can dispute that.   We will no doubt be hearing the "Keep the Faith" and "we have to support the lads" and there was no overseas players there to blame today, and the first thing they need to be doing at training is first of all being introduced to each other and introduced to a rugby ball.    We were like a lot of strangers out there and with a gale force wind behind us it took until the 35th minute to put a long kick in and we got a 40/20 from it.   Where is the game management?

We had enough position and possession to beat Batley today but we once again just didn't have the cutting edge or know-how to score.   We make some of the most basic errors that even Under 12 's would be embarrassed by.   I don't know how we get out of this situation and it will take from now until next season to even try to get some of the fans back through the turnstiles.   We need some new players, that is not even for debate, but someone said at the match that our Vice Chairman had been on the radio saying we wouldn't be getting any.   If that is correct then we will be playing Hemel and Gloucester, etc, next season.  Simple as.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

Devoid of a leader but we let Lupton go... And replaced him with....

If the BOD aren't arsed to make changes in order to get us out of this mess by spending any money I'm not sure too many people will be spending their hard earned money watching that ... Veivers to go for me

We can't fault the effort but we just look clueless at times near the opposition line, I'm beginning to hate Sundays, the same old gutted feeling after leaving the ground then getting in the car to find that a team full of DR and loaners from down the road have performed heroics again. it's never been easy being a Town fan over the years but it's more disappointing when you have some sort of expectation which I maybe mistakenly had this season. If we don't beat haven in our next 2 games against them, then we are looking at Championship 1, because I can't see points coming from anywhere else.

Unlike some who have posted on this topic, I will be certainly be handing over my £15 for the rest of the season and wherever we may be in the future, it's either in your blood or it isn't

Good Friday seems a long time ago...doesn't it  ;)

Yes Keith one 40/20 which took 35 minutes to materialise is baffling considering the wind behind them in the 1st half. If no new players are coming then they are gonna have to try and max out the DR quota by badgering wigan. It's all a bit frustrating when you know the players are capable of a lot better and it's blatantly obvious that confidence is well and truly shot.

After watching that today I can see Doncaster getting their first win of the season next week and Haven will beat us at Blackpool unless there is a big shift in attitude and ability from our players.    After the Hunslet and Fev games it was obvious that the crowd would be lower and it was 596 today but a loss to Doncaster and Haven and we could see the 350 - 450 crowds back at Zebra Claims Stadium.   

Our performance was absolutely shocking and not even our most loyal supporters can dispute that.   We will no doubt be hearing the "Keep the Faith" and "we have to support the lads" and there was no overseas players there to blame today, and the first thing they need to be doing at training is first of all being introduced to each other and introduced to a rugby ball.    We were like a lot of strangers out there and with a gale force wind behind us it took until the 35th minute to put a long kick in and we got a 40/20 from it.   Where is the game management?

We had enough position and possession to beat Batley today but we once again just didn't have the cutting edge or know-how to score.   We make some of the most basic errors that even Under 12 's would be embarrassed by.   I don't know how we get out of this situation and it will take from now until next season to even try to get some of the fans back through the turnstiles.   We need some new players, that is not even for debate, but someone said at the match that our Vice Chairman had been on the radio saying we wouldn't be getting any.   If that is correct then we will be playing Hemel and Gloucester, etc, next season.  Simple as.

If the diehards don't " keep the faith" and don't get behind them then where the hell does that leave us Keith ? We have certainly seen bleaker times than this but I for one have never given up on them and I know the sane goes for you. What are we supposed to do other than continue to support them ?

But we can't have DR players or else we will get criticism from our own fans!!!!    It's more than just confidence there are players on there that are not up to it at this level.     We keep saying it we have no Plan B or C.   How many times did Jack Murphy get tackled today by 3 opponents who were waiting for him receiving the ball from the same move every time?  They knew what was coming and sure enough it happened over and over again.    In the second half Batley were up in our faces and got away with a lot of offsides by a poor referee but we don't seem to know how to handle teams that do that to us.    One thing I don't want to read this week is troutmaster saying there wasn't much going on at training because I would keep them out until mid-night until they learned to handle the ball and some new moves.

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

It's not the likes of you and me unicorn106 that we need to be impressing it's the floating fans who can take it or leave it and I'm afraid on the last 3 results the majority of them will be leaving it.  Sadly.

I want to hear less "flogging them" at training and more of the basics,although that was total cak today it's a bit early to be calling for veivers head ffs

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

It's not the likes of you and me unicorn106 that we need to be impressing it's the floating fans who can take it or leave it and I'm afraid on the last 3 results the majority of them will be leaving it.  Sadly.

Even more reason for us to keep backing them Keith, when I hear of so called"stalwarts" not attending again it annoys me, were they not watching when Rotherham was in charge or when we could barely raise a team around the time Dave Bowden and co came to the clubs rescue ? 

Archived