Batley reaction

town4me

Its a fair point though about the money that should be available with no Farkas and to a lesser extent no Lupton. However, that could have been wiped out by an over spend on Fifita and Horton

Wouldn't be a problem if they were any good. They haven't improved us in the slightest.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its a fair point though about the money that should be available with no Farkas and to a lesser extent no Lupton. However, that could have been wiped out by an over spend on Fifita and Horton

Although there's no outlay on Farkas I'd imagine we are probably paying Doran something similar.

The question the Board need to ask is how much will it cost if we go down ? It's admirable that they don't wish to put the club in debt but sometimes you have to speculate to accumulate.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

I agree that our two most potent players are kicking grass on the wings . To me it's a nobrainer now to play tierney with Doran where they've played together before in the juniors and with zero to lose from where we are in offensive and creation terms . Just my opinion , but big focus on PV , as going on this like this saying 'we know where we are going wrong' etc but recycling the same old isn't cutting it .

Did you not hear? Carl was MOM.

I apologise for being so wrong about him. Vievers out...let's think about this....what does he bring to the party?

Judging by our one move that never works I'd say little or nothing.

They all got together over a meal last week to sort out any problems there might be within the squad, everyone of them said there was no problem and are fully behind PV. I honestly think it's just their confidence that is shot at, and every defeat is making it worse.

[/quote

Well that's good news and I agree their confidence is rock bottom! They seem frightened to try anything different and that is why we look so pedestrian! I know people are calling doran for kicking in 1st tackle but if it had come off we would all be saying it was a fantastic try!! I know we are a poor team at the moment but we don't have much luck as a team either! The bounce of the ball always seems to go with the opposition at the minute!! Not an excuse, but every team needs a little bit of luck.

Both our try's were lucky.

I thought they were so average . So were hunslet . I don't think I've seen a team who've impressed me . But they turn us over . It's pretty depressing . MOM pal , must be me and you . But it just kicks off an argument so there's nowt more to add

so it begs the question way the hell was Whitleys on the pitch? i would rather  have seen Stack back in the second row with Brett ,    MILLER at centre, Carter on the wing. also young Deurdon think that,s right, at loose forward just cant see why PV wont play him,never let us down and is a go forward player and trains really hard??

Saying both teams were average at best to watch today is probably true

But the weather conditions dictated how the game was played.

Attractive expansive rugby was never going to be played today,it would have been impossible and actually suicidal!

Batley actually played the conditions better than Workington and ground out a scrappy win !

Here we go... Let's blame forber .. It's all his fault ... Star man 2 weeks on the bounce ... But it's all his fault there standing 2 out from the ruck ...

Shackley drives it in..loses the wrestle. Slowly regains his feet... Complains to the ref (they're set by the way) ... Plays it (they're off) matty to olstrom... Who hits doran behind coward... Who then give it forber ... What's he to do... He passes it ... Gets a big X on the pass... Keeps it ... He gets the blame for being too slow and not completing a wally Lewis style cut out ball.. To a back line stood on top of each other so flat it would be forward.... OR does he kick it with 3 on pressure... Hmmm the choice is yours...

If guys weren't as lazy and actually ran off the ball maybe we could put the ball into space ... But then on the tightest pitch in the league that would be hard....

He got MOM so he was the best player , there's nothing else to say.

We were dire in all departments, I'm so sick of seeing the same rubbish predictable back line movement . How do we ever think that any side let alone a championship side are going to fall for it . As I've said , if you keep doing the same you'll keep getting the same result. But hey let's not change anything cos it's going so well.

Townie you should play 6 next week , you and your marra would make a beautiful partnership.

Here we go... Let's blame forber .. It's all his fault ... Star man 2 weeks on the bounce ... But it's all his fault there standing 2 out from the ruck ...

Shackley drives it in..loses the wrestle. Slowly regains his feet... Complains to the ref (they're set by the way) ... Plays it (they're off) matty to olstrom... Who hits doran behind coward... Who then give it forber ... What's he to do... He passes it ... Gets a big X on the pass... Keeps it ... He gets the blame for being too slow and not completing a wally Lewis style cut out ball.. To a back line stood on top of each other so flat it would be forward.... OR does he kick it with 3 on pressure... Hmmm the choice is yours...

If guys weren't as lazy and actually ran off the ball maybe we could put the ball into space ... But then on the tightest pitch in the league that would be hard....

To be fair that's probably the most accurate posting you've made.

I totally agree, half the time Carl is looking for someone to pass to and our forwards are still trudging back from the oppositions half or standing in a heap! As I said earlier, Elliott, Lewis & Jason mossop took the ball in more than our forwards. Maybe they should put someone else at 6 and when the same things happen again then people will stop laying the blame with Carl!

Gutted about today, thought we would have had to much for them at home,but guess I was wrong (again)  we really are in a hole at the moment, from nilling Haven and playing really well to a team that are making school boy errors and that look like they are total strangers and dont know whos who. The only player for me to come out of todays defeat was Karl Olstrum , thought the lad carried the ball forward really well and had some fire in his belly. For me a tight passing game and good kicking down field may have produced more, We were camped in there 25 countless times and came away with zilch, theirs no confidence,  creativity and belief in our team this showed when, was it Doran who kicked for the corner on first tackle when we had just got a repeat set, we have not got a leader who says this is what we should be doing .

Doran did take the line on more in the second half but he had no one with him, so now its to Donny a great hunting ground for Town (not)I think our season will be well and truly finished if we cant manage a win there.

Could the BOD tell us the situation on signings, loans and the lack of DR plz.

Was hoping for youz to win today to drag batley into the battle with us town and Donny ! I'm sure you will come good with hopefully Donny and bulldogs down. Are these Aussie's really as bad as everyone is saying ? Or are youz wanting them to be worldbeaters straightaway ?

My complaint with the half-backs, not necessarily just Forber, was what PV said on the radio after the match that our kicking game was poor.   We had the wind behind us in the first half and we were putting little dink-over kicks rolling gently to their full-back, rarely if ever making him turn round or have to run to collect.   We must have used a lot of energy barging out of our own 20 when one kick could have been turning their big forwards round.   As said earlier it took us to the 35th minute before we actually did that and we got a 40/20.   Even kicking it from our own 10 yard area full length would have gained us easy yards instead of batter, batter, batter all the time.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

To me we simply have no leader on the field, the game management is awful. First half with the gale behind us the players were standing 10 yards apart and consequently passes were getting blown all over the place and we hardly completed a set. We very nearly ran a penalty and the ref saved their bacon. Somebody should be controlling that on the field.

Our kicking out of hand was the usual poor quality, and coupled with the penalty count we couldn't get any sustained pressure on them.

Second half we played better with passes going to hand and got in front but our attacking play is so predictable that we couldn't keep the pressure on them, I just can't understand why it has gone backwards so much. They got back on top with some good kicks and our heads went down.

I felt for Tierney as he looked a threat, tried his heart out and was my MOM today.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Was hoping for youz to win today to drag batley into the battle with us town and Donny ! I'm sure you will come good with hopefully Donny and bulldogs down. Are these Aussie's really as bad as everyone is saying ? Or are youz wanting them to be worldbeaters straightaway ?

My personal view is that they are expected to be world beaters and are easy targets when things are going badly.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Back up a bit, im not blaming Forber. I said he's predictable and we should try something different I.e. Tierney at halfback . After today my opinion hasn't changed, if you look you'll see the blame is with Vievers because unless they do some impressive moves in training that the players completely forget to do in a match then his tactics are so basic as to not give us any chance of winning.

The players looked dejected at the final whistle but they were clueless and got what they deserved. I remember when Stokes was here and we were having a simllar run of form and I asked him why we played four drives and a kick and he said it was cos they were short of confidence. We kept on playing like that and kept on losing. When we finally got shot and Butch took over, he let them enjoy playing rugby and surprise surprise ....

I think the problem is that neither were fit when they got here having been sat about in Oz waiting to come over.   Not only had they to get fit but they also have to pick up and apply our structures so it was always going to be a fair time to make things happen.   On top of that Fifita was said to be injured when he got here and that held back some training for him and even now PV said on the radio today that Fifita wouldn't be fit for next week but Horton would be.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

My complaint with the half-backs, not necessarily just Forber, was what PV said on the radio after the match that our kicking game was poor.   We had the wind behind us in the first half and we were putting little dink-over kicks rolling gently to their full-back, rarely if ever making him turn round or have to run to collect.   We must have used a lot of energy barging out of our own 20 when one kick could have been turning their big forwards round.   As said earlier it took us to the 35th minute before we actually did that and we got a 40/20.   Even kicking it from our own 10 yard area full length would have gained us easy yards instead of batter, batter, batter all the time.

But Keith we can't score when we're on the line or anywhere else. We got lucky twice but how many games do you win scoring two tries?

Archived