COOKE: 'Eternally grateful'

Dons News

Paul Cooke has released a statement following his departure from the club earlier today; 

"It is with a heavy heart that having met with Carl Hall this morning myself, Carl and Doncaster Rugby League Club have amicably parted company.

"Having re-joined the game of Rugby League in no small part to Carl, Tony Miller, John Scarrow and Doncaster Rugby League back in 2012 I feel I owe these people and the club in particular a debt of gratitude which can never be repaid. It gave me a renewed lease of life, enjoyment after a very difficult period in my personal life.

"I’ve spent three and a half fantastic years with Doncaster in one capacity or the other and will be eternally grateful to the club, the supporters and every single player I spent time alongside at this great club.

"From day one I’ve been made to feel welcome, appreciated and having had opportunities to move on, have not had a thought to leave.

"I’d like to place on record my appreciation and thanks to Carl Hall, Tony Miller, Mick Heptinstall, Carl Saul, John Scarrow, Gavin Baldwin and Lee Ferraby for all their support over whichever length of time we have been associated.

"Also to Chris Spurr, Andrew Vincent, Pete Bell, Emma Beaglehole, Doctor Martyn Coleman, Neil Barron, Will Thompson, Dave Miller and Martin Rowlands for their unquestionable support throughout 2015.

"On top of these to Jordan Owens and Abigail Rodwell who are valuable members to the team.

"I’d like to say I feel deeply saddened and apologetic to everyone at Doncaster Rugby League Club, especially the fans for the 2015 season. I am certainly hurt by the club’s 2015 so far. I know everyone works extremely hard in their department to achieve the clubs ambitions and ultimate goals. I’m a very proud man and believe in my gut feeling that this is within the club’s best interests at this time.

"We part on extremely good terms, which is a novel in this day and age.

"I wish everyone at the club, especially the players all the very best for the remainder of the 2015 season and beyond. I will look out for results and keep everything crossed for a turn in fortunes."

View the full article

Archived