Signing

Kevin Nicholas

Oh and you bracket Halifax with HKR and Leigh don't make me laugh. Accept you are a small fish now trying desperately to swim back to former glories.

It was more in the sense that Halifax finish higher than Batley year on year so in the bigger scheme of things when a player leaves Batley to go to Fax they see it as joining a bigger club and in that sense Brown has always struggled when he has moved to bigger clubs. Like I say, I hope he comes back better from his spell with Batley.

How many more Batley players do Halifax need to try

I doubt there will be many more in the near future to be honest. Out of all the Batley players we have signed recently theres really only Robbo and Manning that are making the cut. Others have looked out of their depth.

It was more in the sense that Halifax finish higher than Batley year on year so in the bigger scheme of things when a player leaves Batley to go to Fax they see it as joining a bigger club and in that sense Brown has always struggled when he has moved to bigger clubs. Like I say, I hope he comes back better from his spell with Batley.

BIGGER BUCKETS MAYBE...big fish never. :pickeat::bb::download:

I think its usually to do with big fish in little pond syndrome, at Hull Kr, Leigh, and Fax he is surrounded by players who are equally as good or in most cases better then him so he struggles to stand out. At Batley he is the barnstorming, tryscoring winger where as at the other teams he is just a ten a penny winger and struggles to raise his game. A little bit like Wayne Rettie in that sense as well.

How arrogant  , reason why i hate fax with a passion but luckily i do know a few fax fans who aren't arrogant and when batley play fax its always batley's cup final and thats why we always seem to get the upperhand :) Days of fax been a big club long gone, may come back in the future

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

I liked potts but he was only a finisher with a rare in field spurt.

Im sure brown is local (saw him sprinting on white lee) and he seems to enjoy his time in batley colours.

If we can get a fit jc rettie and brown at full gear for the season close we will flirt with the best

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

I liked potts but he was only a finisher with a rare in field spurt.

Im sure brown is local (saw him sprinting on white lee) and he seems to enjoy his time in batley colours.

If we can get a fit jc rettie and brown at full gear for the season close we will flirt with the best

I liked Potts but he's not as good as either Reitte or Brown. IMHO

I used to like potted meat and pate.

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

How arrogant  , reason why i hate fax with a passion but luckily i do know a few fax fans who aren't arrogant and when batley play fax its always batley's cup final and thats why we always seem to get the upperhand :) Days of fax been a big club long gone, may come back in the future

We've all been down at the bottom at some time including Halifax and, in general, I don't find any arrogance with their fans. Maybe some doggies are just a bit too sensitive at time.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

I liked Potts but he's not as good as either Reitte or Brown. IMHO

I dont rate any of them to be honest. Potts is quick and pretty safe under the high ball but he isnt big enough to make the hard yards and unless in open space he is pretty ineffective. Rettie is incapable of beating a man, numerous times I have seen him try to trample players when easier options would have been to go round them, a little bit dodgy under the high ball but his work rate was always very good but he was always in Worrincy's shadow because he just did everything better than Rettie. As for Brown I thought he was a brilliant signing but the picture that Halifax used to say he had gone on loan sums it up, he must rub butter on his hands before he plays because he has easily the worst pair of hands I have seen in a winger. Im probably not exaggerating that he has cost us at least 20 trys this season either in attack or defence.

We have Saxton playing with a knackered back and again its no exageration when I say I would have him on 1 leg in front of any of those mentioned, safe as houses, no problem scoring trys, and a top drawer work rate nearly always beating the first man and then theres Saltonstall one of the best young talents in the league and its easy to see why Brown and Potts are on the fringes.

The inferiority complex some Batley fans have and how easy they are to wind up always makes me chuckle though.

worrincy the crab better than rettie you say :hunter: he must a broke all  the records for the  yards ran accross the pitch rather than up it.. i agree 100% on tommy thou hes sheer class. :bb:

We've all been down at the bottom at some time including Halifax and, in general, I don't find any arrogance with their fans. Maybe some doggies are just a bit too sensitive at time.

Not even Blue ox with his superiority complex. Playing at a football ground with no place of their own, and a liking for bucket collections.  

worrincy the crab better than rettie you say :hunter: he must a broke all  the records for the  yards ran accross the pitch rather than up it.. i agree 100% on tommy thou hes sheer class. :bb:

Please, you really cant compare Worrincy and Rettie. Worrincy is in a totally different class, also butter fingers but gains more penalties than any other back in the league, strong as an ox he wins most tackles forcing a quick play the ball, did I mention he makes a lot of mistakes :-) but scores tries for fun, the one he scored in the grand final going the full length of the field was just one of a number of times he did that for us. With more dedication to training he could easily play in SL. I do miss the cries of run forward from the fans though.

People seem to forget the best winger in the championship league..our very own JC,.Just my opinion. 

I do not think you are far wrong, he is certainly up there. He nearly beat us on his own in the first game this season and by the end he was out on his feet he had run so far on that pitch.

Personally I prefer Potts to Rettie, he prefers to beat a man rather than smash his face in, Rettie can be suspect temperamentally! Potts can also play somewhere else on the field, put in some good performances at fb, and would back Potts in a race.

Archived