No Hunslet on Sky

Gazmeister

The last game spoilt the whole weekend as a spectacle for me too much super league tactics from once big hitters showing us how the game shouldn't be played in a fair spirit who needs it.

chappy

Not sure how we came across on the box, but my impression from the stadium was that I'm not sure we entirely played our part in the "big plan" of a weekend of fast and entertaining rugby league ...

The first 20 minutes were great, moving it about a bit, scoring some good tries and going 16-4 up. Then for some reason we went away from it all, and what could have been a big, handsome win developed into a grind and at one point, back to 16-12 and Donny spending plenty of time in our 20, it got too close to comfort. Ironic really, reading our page in the tournament programme that carries the headline "Eaton - Attack Is The Best From Of Defence" ! :wacko:

However at the end of the day another two points and eighth in the league is a decent enough position at this stage of the season. A couple of interesting matches up next, first Sheffield at home, and if the Eagles turn out another performance like they did on Saturday then we must be in with a shout - IF we choose to chance our arm. Then up at Whitehaven for another relegation four-pointer .. a win in either of these two would go a long way to seeing us playing Championship rugby in 2016.

To be honest the game became quite laboured in the second half compared to the other games there was no pace in the halves for me. They gave kaine mom but Wilkinson sneaked it for me

chappy

Not able to be there on the day, but thoroughly enjoyed watching the game on the red button on sky. All in all I think we deserved the win, which would have been more emphatic if our final try had not been disallowed for a forward pass. This was a total joke when you compared it with Leigh's 1st try against Featherstone. We did however make hard work of it. Doncaster's forwards were big and strong, they could make 50 metres, but no way could they get within range starting from their own 10 metres line. Thus all their trys came from Hunslet giving them field position [i.e penalties or knock ons]. In contrast I always thought our back division could score from anywhere on the pitch. Andy Kain did well, but for me our man of the match was Jimmy Watson. His field positioning was fantastic, his returns were good and his try took real courage. He only made one mistake when he dropped a high spiralling kick and he himself recovered the ball from Doncaster to end their possession 3 metres from our line.

This might be more controversial, but on the day, given the huge input from Keinhorst, Briscoe, Ward and Mulhern, I do not think we would have won the match without them on the pitch. Much as it goes against the grain with me, also for the season so far, without dual reg with Leeds, my view is that we would be in the position that Doncaster find themselves in today [i.e half way through the league fixtures and no wins].

The two dozen loons behind the sticks were very good and made a big noise for nearly the whole 80 mins. The "we hate Rhinos" made me smile, but I not sure what Jimmy K thought lol

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

This might be more controversial, but on the day, given the huge input from Keinhorst, Briscoe, Ward and Mulhern, I do not think we would have won the match without them on the pitch. Much as it goes against the grain with me, also for the season so far, without dual reg with Leeds, my view is that we would be in the position that Doncaster find themselves in today [i.e half way through the league fixtures and no wins].

That's an interesting comment which got me thinking. I don't think we'd have lost all the games but I certainly think we'd have won fewer! But one such game was at Workington, where Keinhorst and Briscoe both had big games and scored three tries between them. So you could say take them out and we'd have lost. But two of Workington's best that day were Doran and Tierney who are also DR so by the same rule you have to take them out ... and then I think we'd have won again!!

What is interesting is the five teams that have embraced DR the most occupy five of the bottom six positions in the league! So what does that say? That those teams would be simply miles behind without DR, that DR isn't really affecting the results (except perhaps when these teams play each other) ... or indeed that DR is having a negative impact on those teams?

That's an interesting comment which got me thinking. I don't think we'd have lost all the games but I certainly think we'd have won fewer! But one such game was at Workington, where Keinhorst and Briscoe both had big games and scored three tries between them. So you could say take them out and we'd have lost. But two of Workington's best that day were Doran and Tierney who are also DR so by the same rule you have to take them out ... and then I think we'd have won again!!

What is interesting is the five teams that have embraced DR the most occupy five of the bottom six positions in the league! So what does that say? That those teams would be simply miles behind without DR, that DR isn't really affecting the results (except perhaps when these teams play each other) ... or indeed that DR is having a negative impact on those teams?

I can't speak for other clubs on why they have dual registration but in our case it's because we have NO spare money to compete with the top clubs who all have directors with cash! I don't think any supporters really WANT D/R but accept it to make us able to compete with clubs like Dewsbury who have directors AND a big car boot sale every Sunday. Rugby like other sports has changed and money is making it uncompetitive. Football eventually will be decided by who has the biggest bank balance, not by playing games. There's two divisions in the football Premiership as there is in our division.

It is far better to remain silent and be thought a fool

than to open your mouth and prove that you are.

If you use duel reg on a regular basis is it fair on the lads you sign then because they can't get a game release them like bricky or loan em out to lower clubs who they probably didn't want to play for in the first place.

chappy

Bricky's heart was with Hunslet, all he wanted to do was play rugby for Hunslet, it was the hardest decision he's had to make in leaving, don't know why they signed him if they had no intention of playing him. If they wanted to play for someone else they would have signed for them and not Hunslet, the only way others will play is if someone gets injured or Leeds won't let their players play.

If you use duel reg on a regular basis is it fair on the lads you sign then because they can't get a game release them like bricky or loan em out to lower clubs who they probably didn't want to play for in the first place.

DR wants scrapping end of & with a bit of luck the RFL will do at end of season. And as for your fans singing we hate rhynos last week in Blackpool,were would you be if you didn't have the Rhynos?? For a start you probably wouldn't have Briscoe,Duckworth,Kain & Flanagan!!!

He's mentioned Dual Reg then mentioned 4 players who are not even on Dual Reg! Haha what a mug!

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

Archived