Brian Carney backs Newcastle Thunder to soar

He probably thinks that the Carnegie Tykes (or whatever they;re called this week) are propping up the Rhinos, too.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The problems will start when thunder start becoming the more senior club....I.e if the falcons go down and thunder get to SL!

I doubt it. The business model is for both codes to thrive and I believe that even if the fatcons were to drop down, the business would still promote league. Remember, when London became Quins, the Union lot were in the 2nd tier....

I doubt it. The business model is for both codes to thrive and I believe that even if the fatcons were to drop down, the business would still promote league. Remember, when London became Quins, the Union lot were in the 2nd tier....

exactly and once they returned to a full pro league and qualified for europe they screwed them over!

exactly and once they returned to a full pro league and qualified for europe they screwed them over!

I suppose you would prefer it if Thunder were still struggling at the Athletics Stadium. Gates are well up, the RU and the RL are two separate entities. Don't comment on something if you know nothing about it.

I suppose you would prefer it if Thunder were still struggling at the Athletics Stadium. Gates are well up, the RU and the RL are two separate entities. Don't comment on something if you know nothing about it.

on the contrary..

I want thunder to be around for the long haul....not boom and bust.... gates were up at broncos and crusaders.... both were screwed over for other sports gains!

One question....why buy and relocate thunder and not create a seperate entity/ convert the union side to league??

And how much rent are the RU creaming off the league side?

(Of course gates are up they are winning)!!!!

For what it's worth, I don't think the Falcons actually own the Thunder. Semore Kurdi owns the Thunder, just like he owns the Falcons. As he hails from Jordan I doubt that Union/League tribalism means much to him. I think we should take the Newcastle Thunder regime at face value and trust them to deliver a better future for the club, unless we have evidence otherwise.

Did Harlequins RL fail because the union club screwed them over anyway?

Well no evidence has been provided to show that they did. Quins RL were given every opportunity to succeed and were given very advantageous terms, those terms were better than at any stadium Quins/Broncos have ever had. Broncos failed with many things stacked in thier favour, they failed largely due to their own shortcomings.

Archived