Halifax reaction

town4me

wait a moment.. I said this 2 months ago and was shot down no end ! 

the whole experience at DP is a miss at the moment

The scoreboard doesnt seem to be getting fixed any time soon...

people continually get in the wrong que for the popular side lol

there isnt any music pre game / half time/ etc 

there wasnt even any half time scores given out ! 

I honestly think the support from the terraces this season has been awful... theres rarely any atmosphere ...

BUT when you see guys like Horton make a tackle.. get a knock and just lie there ... get up raise your hand and toddle off.. why should you support them ! your a second row forward for sake !

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely David, that's exactly what I meant. Why on earth is mcavoy playing! He looks nowhere near the player he was last year and was knackered after 5 minutes today. I understand he has a back problem & if that's the case he shouldn't be playing and keeping someone else out the team who is fit & raring to go! It's not only duel reg that is letting us down, our 3 signings of whitely, Horton and fafita have been a massive let down for what we were all expecting!

Mcavoy looks crocked doesn't he . He was holding his neck from early doors . I have to give it to wonky , he called that one .

Cahalane and Tangata came from the same club as Horton ... Wow they showed how overseas should perform

There's just so many under performing. I can't see a light at the end of the tunnel I'm afraid. Not to include lucock and duerden in the 19 is bemusing. What have these lads done wrong.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Wonky i have said that on this forum for age,s,most lads that go and watch the training don.t understand that, just seems Phil as something against the lad,i can see him and Brett finishing at barrowor down the road

we hear the same from PV every week.. but nothing changes.. hes mentioned "attitude" for 2 months now... If I remember rightly it was the "attitude" that was amiss down at the shay... so in 2 months wheres the improvement ? 

What kind of message does it send to any amateur looking to sign... "oh come and sign for us ... you can train 3 times a week and wont get picked for 4 months .. but you have have a training fee !!" 

Think the coach is getting it wrong,,, few people there today were questioning him...

We were done for dissent three times as well , which also points to frustration that things are not right . Thought the ref was pretty unfussy in the main and mainly kept out of it . Ruck was a mess a lot of the time but same for both

I can't help wondering if it's worth staying in this league. If we do then it'll be by the skin of our teeth and then what ? More of the same next year, being perpetual strugglers ? We simply can't compete with these bigger clubs financially and so attracting quality players is impossible, especially combined with our geographical disadvantage, and this league isn't going to get any easier.

it's definitely worth staying in this league but with a stronger squad.if we go down we would lose our better players and be set back. However with limited finances and our geographical location it's always going to be tough. It requires our BOD to be smart in the off season and we probably haven't been.

we hear the same from PV every week.. but nothing changes.. hes mentioned "attitude" for 2 months now... If I remember rightly it was the "attitude" that was amiss down at the shay... so in 2 months wheres the improvement ? 

What kind of message does it send to any amateur looking to sign... "oh come and sign for us ... you can train 3 times a week and wont get picked for 4 months .. but you have have a training fee !!" 

Think the coach is getting it wrong,,, few people there today were questioning him...

What was his craic ?

said attitude was wrong 

we roll over and let them tickle our belly

hes sick of hearing "they wont like coming up here " as we are a soft team 

we wouldnt have scored if we had played for 3 weeks 

halfbacks were poor and took wrong options 

dewsbury a good team and well coached 

we will go through review 

players will want to right wrongs

it's definitely worth staying in this league but with a stronger squad.if we go down we would lose our better players and be set back. However with limited finances and our geographical location it's always going to be tough. It requires our BOD to be smart in the off season and we probably haven't been.

I dont think we can have confidence that this will happen... im not sure going down is such a bad idea .. trying to keep up with the big boys isnt as easy as it seems ... 

this forum seems to be on a loop.....same points being made , same mistakes being made , same players not being given fair crack of the whip ,same team performance every week , same after match speech by phil......the season continues but we seem to be flat lining........what hope is there of getting us sorted on the field when we can t even sort out that b****y scoreboard  !!!!!  before the season begun we sold the naming rights to the ground and received record sponsorship , what do you think the sponsors are gonna do when their contract runs out......and then where will we be .

Barge and bash tactics aren't good enough at this level. But its all we have. It wouldn't be so bad but half the time the forwards aren't even running onto the ball they're getting it stood still and making no impact. If we must play one man out stuff then we could at least try and get the receivers running from deeper to get some momentum.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Where are we going to recruit this stronger squad from ? And with what ? If the crack is right then we have stretched ourselves putting this one together and it's still nowhere near good enough to make any impact at this level !

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

this forum seems to be on a loop.....same points being made , same mistakes being made , same players not being given fair crack of the whip ,same team performance every week , same after match speech by phil......the season continues but we seem to be flat lining........what hope is there of getting us sorted on the field when we can t even sort out that b****y scoreboard  !!!!!  before the season begun we sold the naming rights to the ground and received record sponsorship , what do you think the sponsors are gonna do when their contract runs out......and then where will we be .

we still have world cup 2013 posters on the turnstiles !

Spot on Ivan . It's all because watching us is Groundhog Day . The scoreboard thing is unacceptable in my eyes .

Where are we going to recruit this stronger squad from ? And with what ? If the crack is right then we have stretched ourselves putting this one together and it's still nowhere near good enough to make any impact at this level !

well id be taking some of them back with their receipts 

I personally feel as though we should be preparing for a worse case scenario. And that is relegation, the likes of lucock are the ones who you would expect to stick around if we are, therefore surely giving them the chance to stake a claim now to keep them happy for next year.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Archived