Dewsbury rams away. predictions.

town4me

If anything we have to take encouragement from donny going there last week and pushing them all the way and only losing 14-6. It's a tough game especially on their pitch but if we can put another away performance like at donny recently then you never know. So tighten up the defence, cut out errors and have a real go and you never know we could nick 16-18 but if we play like last sunday it could be along afternoon 32-10.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two years ago we went to Dewsbury with no hope of a win and came away with an 18 - 16 success, so anything is possible.   We are starting to run out of last chances so as long as the players are aware of that then who knows?

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

I don't know how much more money they have but they nailed this league from day one and knew what was needed for it

And yet we should have beaten them at Zebra Claims.   We had a good lead and threw it away.   The Rams have a bit of money through selling off part of their land (I think that was it) but money doesn't guarantee a good squad or team.     Good team spirit and working together gets the results when it is combined with a good attitude and a winning mentality. 

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

Dews 46-6 Town

We cant score tries against good teams.

Everyone, myself included ,at times has hammered our halfbacks but our forwards need to up their game so our half backs,(like Forber towards the end of last year) , can play off the back of that, stretched defences. Our play the balls are shockingly slow, yet other teams can get a roll on against us with ease!

We are so so predictable and really boring to watch at the minute aswell.

We need change ASAP!

I wonder at times if PV knows or bothers about how us fans feel and what we all would like to see on the pitch.  People keep saying all we play is barge, barge, barge then kick and fans want entertained.   As Cato89 says it has become very boring watching the same old, same old every game and most fans are crying out for a bit more unpredictability.   By playing this way we make it easy for other coaches to plan how to stop us and it is also a sad indictment of our players if we are saying we haven't got the ability or intelligence to play with more flair!!!

I think they should be bothered and should be reading this Keith . This is a weathervane of what the core supporters who can be relied on to pay their money are thinking . And reading this lately it's not great is it ?

I wonder at times if PV knows or bothers about how us fans feel and what we all would like to see on the pitch. People keep saying all we play is barge, barge, barge then kick and fans want entertained. As Cato89 says it has become very boring watching the same old, same old every game and most fans are crying out for a bit more unpredictability. By playing this way we make it easy for other coaches to plan how to stop us and it is also a sad indictment of our players if we are saying we haven't got the ability or intelligence to play with more flair!!!

i can answer that Keith, no he doesn't, I'd be very surprised if he cares what the players think. After all, all he does is hammer them in the paper for the full week after defeat. Has he once held his hands up and said "you know what I got it wrong", nope, and I doubt he ever will. You see other coaches, especially in football, shouldering the blame to take a bit of heat off the lads, but he never does that. The way he seems to have strangled the life out of Callum Phillips sums it up for me, he is one of the best off the cuff players around, yet we have him shifting balls on.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

if i was a coach i'd read these pages but not change a pre determined plan on the posts of people who havent all the facts at hand , no one knows his long term plans , pv may well be at a turning point and in the midst of working on implementing a new strategy and structure seeing that the half way stage has now gone past without the team doing what he was hoping , its not a knee jerk reaction type of job where you can listen to others with albeit sound comments but without the facts that he has on hand , i believe changes will come after this week if the play is as poor as it has been but with restricted resources and injuries it will have to be a game of risk and a throw of the dice , nothing to lose against fev at home so i'd go for local pride and enthusiasm and a free unrestricted no reins style of play and a chance to show any flare the players have got 

whats that phrase that used to be on here all the time ?    keep the faith !

i can answer that Keith, no he doesn't, I'd be very surprised if he cares what the players think. After all, all he does is hammer them in the paper for the full week after defeat. Has he once held his hands up and said "you know what I got it wrong", nope, and I doubt he ever will. You see other coaches, especially in football, shouldering the blame to take a bit of heat off the lads, but he never does that. The way he seems to have strangled the life out of Callum Phillips sums it up for me, he is one of the best off the cuff players around, yet we have him shifting balls on.

Difficult one. He can set the game plan , and yes we would like to see some freshness and change brought in to that , and he can prepare the players , but a lot of the things we watch week in week out would beat any coach . The errors , ill disciples and weaknesses in our game are all at the door of the players . And there his room for manoeuvre is very limited . We've had a fair few coaches giving the same post match frustrations !

Coach or players , probably 50/50 , but what we send out ultimately needs to step up and start helping themselves , as we need to be , and have been , much better than this . Whether that is still good enough in this league is something else . And that brings the people above PV into the equation as well - we mustn't forget there responsibility to

We have the same game plan week in week out!

And we have 1 set all game!!

Tackle 1.Prop hit up

2.Winger/Centre scoot

3.Prop or 2nd row hit up

4.Half back to the other half back who then passes a crash ball to Stack/Phillips

5.hooker passes to a half back who dosnt have a clue what to do,no runners, and gets caught with the ball

6. kick, usually straight to an opposition player!

There has been many, many comments on here and elsewhere over the past few games about our poor defence and also about our attack and our inability to score points.   The game may have changed since my playing days but I'm sure the thought that the best form of defence is attack, is still valid, but not with 4 and 5 forward drives, no-offloads, etc.    Even Jon Wells on Sky was quick to point out that every set of ours we used up 4 or 5 tackles this way and then rush in "a move" at the end.   What sort of game plan is that, especially when we have some pretty quick players on the fringes who rarely see the ball or open space.

We have the same game plan week in week out!

And we have 1 set all game!!

Tackle 1.Prop hit up

2.Winger/Centre scoot

3.Prop or 2nd row hit up

4.Half back to the other half back who then passes a crash ball to Stack/Phillips

5.hooker passes to a half back who dosnt have a clue what to do,no runners, and gets caught with the ball

6. kick, usually straight to an opposition player!

they might as well give you the job mate, or have you pvs tactic sheets?

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

2 Poor teams, so it could go either way. You could really benefit from the fact that the fixture list has been very kind to you as Dewsbury have took the foot off the pedal and from last weeks scoreline appear to think they're safe and as such will take this game very easy. We all know that the referee will lean to the away side and that will also help in a big way. Towns knack of scoring very lucky tries will be a massive factor in this game as well. So with all this going for you, I think you'll account for yourselves very well on Sunday and I can see this being the shock scoreline of the week and not the hammering a lot of you are expecting so as I said I can only see one result and I'll say

Dewsbury 24 Town 20

2 Poor teams, so it could go either way. You could really benefit from the fact that the fixture list has been very kind to you as Dewsbury have took the foot off the pedal and from last weeks scoreline appear to think they're safe and as such will take this game very easy. We all know that the referee will lean to the away side and that will also help in a big way. Towns knack of scoring very lucky tries will be a massive factor in this game as well. So with all this going for you, I think you'll account for yourselves very well on Sunday and I can see this being the shock scoreline of the week and not the hammering a lot of you are expecting so as I said I can only see one result and I'll say

Dewsbury 24 Town 20

put your fishing rod away John lol.

19 man squad

Murphy, Forrester, Mossop, Whiteley, Forber, Matty, Shackley, Phillips, Stack, Olstrom, Duerden, Miller McAvoy, Walker, Scholey, Farrell, Lloyd, Tierney, Doran.

Archived