Dewsbury rams away. predictions.

town4me

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Murphy, Forrester, Mossop, Lloyd, Miller, Tierney, Forber, Shackley, Matty, Scholey/Walker, Phillips, Stack, Duerden.  Subs:- Doran, Scholey/Walker, Farrell, Olstrum.

Doran to spell Matty.   I think Liam McAvoy could benefit from a couple of games out of the firing line and Whiteley needs to seriously sort his defence out.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

Yes Keith I mulled over mcavoy . That wouldn't surprise me . Must say though you are right , whatever our many deficiencies , the names we are putting out are better than what we are delivering.

I hope that PV tries Tierney at 6 to occupy the mind of Thackeray and keep him busy.    He always seems to destroy us when we meet the Rams.  I also think Miller would benefit from having an attacking centre inside him and hopefully Lloyd could do that.   But as I have said before the names we put out are good enough to push most teams and beat many but they have got to get it all together first.

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

Murphy and whitely to take a rest on form but more likely duerdan and Forrester due to PV picking favourites, I don't rate Farrell too high but although he does giv penalties away he doesn't miss tackles.

Forrester Miller mossop lloyd Tierney Doran forber shacks matty mcavoy stack Phillips Farrell. Subs olstrum walker duerdan scholey......

I can't see Murphy being left out to be honest.   Full-back is like the goalie at soccer where every mistake they make is highlighted and often costly and every one of Murphy's mistakes as been picked up on but in actual fact I don't think he makes any more mistakes in a game than several others.  Last week when he dropped that high kick there wasn't another Town player within "cooey" of him and four Halifax players, either one of which could have scored the try.   When Brett Carter was at full-back it was the same for him where his mistakes were highlighted more than others.

Only difference being Brett got dropped for it!

and never to return by the looks on things. If whiteley is consistently picked then it baffles me how Carter isn't given another shot. Although Perry was definitely a pv signing.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

and never to return by the looks on things. If whiteley is consistently picked then it baffles me how Carter isn't given another shot. Although Perry was definitely a pv signing.

Not one of his best so far!

I think you could safely say that the all the local signings so far have been better than the 3 that we brought in,also it is my opinion that our training is far to hard,the lads are looking worn out,there dose not seam to be the sparkle there at the moment, just a thought.,TOWN 18 DEWS12  

Either trainings too hard, or not hard enough. Cant make my mind up, because i dont think we look as fut as we have the past few seasons. Maybe something to do with matthew johnson leaving?

If theres two names i would like to see more than any others thia week, it would be forrester and duerden.

2 Poor teams, so it could go either way. You could really benefit from the fact that the fixture list has been very kind to you as Dewsbury have took the foot off the pedal and from last weeks scoreline appear to think they're safe and as such will take this game very easy. We all know that the referee will lean to the away side and that will also help in a big way. Towns knack of scoring very lucky tries will be a massive factor in this game as well. So with all this going for you, I think you'll account for yourselves very well on Sunday and I can see this being the shock scoreline of the week and not the hammering a lot of you are expecting so as I said I can only see one result and I'll say

Dewsbury 24 Town 20

two poor teams? i doubt it we,ve been playing bad but still winning to me that seems like a good team to be able to win when playing poor

two poor teams? i doubt it we,ve been playing bad but still winning to me that seems like a good team to be able to win when playing poor

dont bite mate, he's a daft jambo looking for a bite. Haven have been playing well yet losing, the sign of a bad team I think.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

To be fair - they have been on their "last chance" for 5 weeks now

If they haven't lost their places after under par performances in winnable games ... Then it's safe to say they won't after losing away .

Hope we're getting the percentage of games right on these DR players .. As come the split were going to need some lads who won't have played for 6 months !

Just a thought but with Batley losing tonight to Sheffield (12 - 40) they will remain on 8 points.      If we manage to sneak a win on Sunday and Haven beat Hunslet (I know, I'll wash my mouth out) we would move up to 8th place in the table on 10 points same as Hunslet in 9th with Batley and Haven 10th and 11th on 8 points.   

First of all because I believe we have players more than capable of doing a lot better than we have shown this season.   I also watched the Rams play Batley at Blackpool and I wasn't impressed with them then and since then they have struggled to beat Doncaster at home, 14 - 6.   I wasn't all that impressed with them when we played them at home and they scored tries in that game from our mistakes by Murphy, Ritson and Forrester.   Finally I think if the players go with the right attitude then, yes, we can sneak a win just as we did 2 years ago on the same ground.

Now it's your turn Townie 123 and I'm not being funny either but why do you constantly knock the team in your posts on here?   

Just a thought but with Batley losing tonight to Sheffield (12 - 40) they will remain on 8 points.      If we manage to sneak a win on Sunday and Haven beat Hunslet (I know, I'll wash my mouth out) we would move up to 8th place in the table on 10 points same as Hunslet in 9th with Batley and Haven 10th and 11th on 8 points.

IF is a big word Keith,you say you've seen us against your side & against batley In Blackpool,count yourself lucky I've had to watch them all season lol

I don't think I constantly knock the players.. In fact I've defended certain players on here for the past few months, it just grates my goat when some players don't appear to be trying in the current regime...

Why can't we win Sunday .. Simple...

Don't score enough points....

Meaning our D needs to be near perfect and error free... Something I think we would struggle with for 80 minutes...

We generally don't start games well... Making away wins even more hard to come by....

So I don't see why Sundays game will be any different to the past 6weeks bar the Donny game ....

Archived