Kingstone Press Championship: Dewsbury 20 Workington 20

andyram

Totally wrong decision to go for the 2. I think most of the crowd knew what would happen next I.e. short kick from restart giving Workington possession and good field position and the possibility of a late score. To be honest we got what we deserved, our play the ball is woefully slow and our inability to complete sets and build momentum is evident.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here we go attacking the coach,he dos'nt coach players to lose the ball early in the tackle count ie forcing passes,trying to miss players when we have a good over lap. Missing 1 on 1 tackles. I didn't go to the game today due to a prior engagement,but I've spoken on the phone who's very knowledgeable about the game,& no it wasn't Glenn. IMO I think we're looking at 6/7 place now,if somebody had have said to me at the beginning of the season you'll be in 4th place I'd have probably laughed at them,we're above 3 clubs that have speant far more than us.

Poor performances week after week and its clear that we are in desperate need of 1 if not 2 centres.The coach doesn't seem to be able to inspire the team to better things and the lack of on field ideas is mesmerising.

Just get in the queue!

It's a funny old game isn't it?    You are saying that you took the two points from a penalty that in the end probably cost you the game and Town fans are saying that we should have taken two points when we had the chance and that cost us the win!!!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

Tough at the top?

No ones garbage this year apart from donny

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

“We don’t seem to have the right mentality to play against the teams below us in the table, and just thinking that we’re going to get the job done is not good enough"

Dewsbury Rams head coach Glenn Morrison offered no excuses after his side were forced to settle for a draw at home to Workington Town.

Morrison offers no excuses following Workington draw: http://www.dewsburyrams.co.uk/article/43597/morrison-offers-no-excuses-following

Tom

Anyone else think Mr Farrow seemed very much in denial after the game?

About what?

they spoilt the ruck and did a good job of slowing the play-the-ball down

about the hands in and the ruck but I don’t think anything was really done

.We can’t play footy when it’s like that

sorry only three??

Well, that's actually only one thing, and I don't agree that it's an excuse.

An excuse would be saying we had ten players injured and then lost another in the first half or that their dual-reg players made a big difference.

He made an observation about the pace of the game, which is pretty well supported by most people in the ground, and by the scoreboard, which didn't move for 38 second-half minutes.

This was a factor in the result, but not the main factor. The main factor was the number of errors we made.

Tom

We all know we can play better then we have been doing,but I'm going to give some credit to Workington,kept to a game plan,hard working team.We was lucky to be winning at halftime.The draw was really all we should had got.Out of all the teams I've seen,think the doggies and dons have a job on their hands to stay in this league.

We were abysmal yesterday. We have some great players, but where is the team? Workington came with a game plan, an enthusiastic team and deserved to win. Our passing is so slow and flat, while the defence was poor; why do we dance with the ball carrier instead of grabbing the legs? We saw three players pirouetting with a Worky man in the first half close to our line.

I think going for two points at the end was correct. We would never have scored a try from the penalty had we chosen to run it. The Radio Leeds commentator suggested the floodgates might open if we got a try, but it did not look like we were going to.

We are on a hiding to nothing next week and time for changes, as GM suggested, perhaps to save face for our "big guns", but he will have to do it for the next few games.

Coolie might be correct about us being seventh, maybe not next week, but soon if we continue to play like that. GM will have stop picking his favourites; drop the players who have lost form and select others to see if they can do better.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

We were abysmal yesterday. We have some great players, but where is the team? Workington came with a game plan, an enthusiastic team and deserved to win. Our passing is so slow and flat, while the defence was poor; why do we dance with the ball carrier instead of grabbing the legs? We saw three players pirouetting with a Worky man in the first half close to our line.

I think going for two points at the end was correct. We would never have scored a try from the penalty had we chosen to run it. The Radio Leeds commentator suggested the floodgates might open if we got a try, but it did not look like we were going to.

We are on a hiding to nothing next week and time for changes, as GM suggested, perhaps to save face for our "big guns", but he will have to do it for the next few games.

Coolie might be correct about us being seventh, maybe not next week, but soon if we continue to play like that. GM will have stop picking his favourites; drop the players who have lost form and select others to see if they can do better.

This.

Dewsbury have probably been the biggest under achievers in the league this season for me. In GM I thought they looked like they had a really good coach able to get the best out of players but now maybe it looks like the honeymoon period is over. It will teach me not to follow games on the radio though because if you had told me yesterday Dewsbury wouldnt beat a team which I thought looked one of the worst we had faced the week before and london would beat Leigh I would have laughed.

Dewsbury have probably been the biggest under achievers in the league this season for me. In GM I thought they looked like they had a really good coach able to get the best out of players but now maybe it looks like the honeymoon period is over. It will teach me not to follow games on the radio though because if you had told me yesterday Dewsbury wouldnt beat a team which I thought looked one of the worst we had faced the week before and london would beat Leigh I would have laughed.

Funny how people can see things different,I would had thought we have so far over achieved this season,still in 4th place with a few games left of season before the eights start.Will be more then happy to still be in the top 6 at the end.

Come on then which Rams fan is man enough to say that in certain games the Rans players also slow down the play the ball and put hands in to achieve this aim.    If you are all saying that the Rams never do it then you must be very deluded people.    Glen Morrison says he had a word with the ref at half-time but it didn't make any difference in the second half.   Well, I don't know if he has noticed or not but the refs don't take any notice of fans either that shout out his mistakes!!!   No mention of gamesmanship when Rams trainers/water carriers walked across the vision of Forber when about to take a kick at goal and he had to stop and when he took the kick missed.   

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

Any reason why we don't tackle around the legs?

The amount of possession gained from the opposition when we seem to tackle upstairs yet the legs keep on going forward is definitely not good.

This needs correcting.

Any reason why we don't tackle around the legs?

The amount of possession gained from the opposition when we seem to tackle upstairs yet the legs keep on going forward is definitely not good.

This needs correcting.

A lot of talk about defence on here but is that a problem??  Really?

No.  Its the only thing that has been rescuing us of late.  Batley and Doncaster would have beaten us but for defence.

Apart from the odd case (two tries yesterday were sublime) we've lost our way in attack. Lost penetration, not off loading, not backing up (except Brown) and way too flat when attacking with the result that the lads are standing still when taking the ball.

Somebody mentioned suicide passes by the half backs but the "runners" are almost in line when receiving so its bound to cause problems...

I think these problems can be sorted out in training so lets hope the coach can see it.

Will any additions from the second team change things I wonder???

Come on then which Rams fan is man enough to say that in certain games the Rans players also slow down the play the ball and put hands in to achieve this aim.    If you are all saying that the Rams never do it then you must be very deluded people.    Glen Morrison says he had a word with the ref at half-time but it didn't make any difference in the second half.   Well, I don't know if he has noticed or not but the refs don't take any notice of fans either that shout out his mistakes!!!   No mention of gamesmanship when Rams trainers/water carriers walked across the vision of Forber when about to take a kick at goal and he had to stop and when he took the kick missed.

I agree Keith all teams do it,no disrespect meant here but when we play the likes of bulls & Leigh we use the same tactics but make it so obvious we get penalised for it. Good performance by your guy's plus the point you gained sends batley a step further to the dreaded drop,good luck for rest of season!!!

I thought our defence has been pretty good all season.

If anything I think we are playing too much football early on in the tackle count, spinning it wide without making any ground in the forwards first.  IMO we need to be getting the forwards carrying it in and laying a foundation, before moving it wide.

Credit to Workington yesterday though, I know it wasn't pretty but they did a job on us, with the aide of Mr Hewer.

rambo.gif

Archived