Today's results

Not a pretty game at Hunslet in a match full of errors and head high tackles.I think the occasion got to them both with neither being able to complete their sets!East won 20-16 with 3 tries each but Nathan Conroy kicked 4 out of 4 and scored a try but MOM for me was prop Luke Pettman who played the full 80 and never stopped tackling and making the hard yards.

Simple way to the results on the ncl site. Select matchday, in the dropdown box select the challenge trophy. There they are.

Smart bottom they were not on earlier , you have never been the same since you mis read that peach of s ball I gave you many many years ago Terry .

Simples

Not sure Egremont were poor sums the game up. A very young (average age 20) Shaw Cross side gave the Premier Div boys a mighty fright and were the better side for an hour. I think the turning point was our disallowed try that would have taken us to 21 to 0 and the loss of our half back with injury turned the game.

All credit to Egremont a fantastic club that really made us welcome.

Just trying to give my lads some credit !

Not sure Egremont were poor sums the game up. A very young (average age 20) Shaw Cross side gave the Premier Div boys a mighty fright and were the better side for an hour. I think the turning point was our disallowed try that would have taken us to 21 to 0 and the loss of our half back with injury turned the game.

All credit to Egremont a fantastic club that really made us welcome.

Just trying to give my lads some credit !

Sorry Marra, didn't mean to take credit away from your team, was comparing Egremont to other games I've seen them play this year, maybe they looked poor to me because for 60 minutes your defence was outstanding - as I said in my previous post you were the best team for 60 minutes.

Would agree losing your 7 had a major impact on the game, as for the disallowed try, I am at a loss as to why it wasn't given, 2 knock-ons is the only thing I can think of to disallow a try then give you the put in at the scrum - didn't see anything myself but the Egremont fullback was asking for it before he touched it down

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

Millom 16 v 40 Leigh Miners

Leigh Miners made sure they wasn't on the end of a cup upset on Saturday afternoon, producing a strong performance to see off Division Two high flyers Millom on a windy day at Coronation Field to move into the Quarter Finals of the Conference Challenge Trophy. Miners being forced into 9 changes from the team that beat Siddal two weeks ago due to holidays and the Parklife festival, whilst Millom also had to make changes due to lads away at Parklife.

Miners made a steady start playing against the strong wind in the first half, completing their sets and kicking well, scoring just before the ten minute mark when stand off Jimmy Muir dropped his shoulder to go through and score at the side of the posts, Tony Doyle converting to make it 6-0. The home side hit back a few minutes later when Warwick Carter went over on the left, Adam Kelly converting to bring the scores level at 6-6. Millom enjoyed some good field position after that try and found themselves in front when prop Ethan Kelly crashed over under the posts, Adam Kelly adding the extras to make it 12-6. Miners hit back with a well worked try for Scott Travis in the right corner but found themselves down to twelve men just after the half hour, Dave Rowlands being sin binned for a professional foul. Miners had to tough it out in the closing minutes, doing plenty of goal line defending as Millom looked to take advantage of the extra man, after soaking up all the pressure Miners worked themselves down field and scored right on half time with a try from centre Adam Thomason to give the half time score 14-12 in favour of the men from Twist Lane.

Playing with the wind at their backs in the second half, Miners turned the screw to take control of the tie, Adam Thomason scoring the opening try of the half and his second of the game to make it 18-12. Thomason again involved in the next score just short of the hour, breaking down the right to send in Scott Travis for his second, Doyle adding the extras to give Miners a twelve point advantage at 24-12. Jimmy Muir scored a sixth visiting try when he broke from inside his own half to score his second and that was followed by a try for full back Andrew Groves, Doyle converting the Groves try to make it 34-12. Millom scored a consolation try late on with a second try for Warwick Carter before Miners Brad Hargreaves intercepted and went the length of the field to score under the posts, Doyle kicking his fourth goal of the day to give the final score 40-16.

Miners are away again next weekend

against Hull Dockers in the league.

MINERS TEAM = Andrew Groves, Scott Travis, Brad Hargreaves, Adam Thomason, Gareth Pain, Jimmy Muir, Scott O’Brien, Chris Bowers, Tony Doyle, Darryl Kay, Tommy Parkinson, Connor Partington, Mick O’Boyle, Subs = Dave Rowlands, Gary Gittins, Lee Pugsley, Jack Burdon

MINERS MOM = Scott O'Brien

MILLOM TEAM = Joe Wright, Owen Myers, Rick Donaghue, Anthony Green, Anthony Dixon, Jon Hodgson, Adam Kelly, Ethan Kelly, Lee Edmondson, Dane Kelly, Ian Armstrong, Warwick Carter, Tom Sibley Subs = Paul Evans, Dominic O’Brien, Joe Shaw, Chris Park

MILLOM MOM = Warwick Carter

• 3 weeks later...

Last nights Cumbrian Derby finished Egremont 18-34 Wath Brow,played in front of a 1000+ crowd

Great game for a neutral, maybe not so for Egremont fans. I think the way The Brow played in the first half there wouldn't be an amateur team in the country that would have stayed with them.

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

1360 watching last night apparently Davo5. It looks asif the wheels have fell off the west hull band wagon?

Apparently a last minute try to Thatto, more worrying for West Hull was the fact the "A" team could not fulfill their fixture today with only 7 turning up for training, this must be a first, 1st training session for pre-season for the 1st team 42 turned up, Saddleworth turning up at Myton last week

and committee members drawing straws to play to make a team, without an "A" team as well.

Nobody likes to see the gloating that went on but they did win everything I suspect we would all have gloated if that was our team

The bigger worry is the game in Hull

West Hull Ncl, A team not fulfilling its fixture today, struggling for numbers, no U18 or 17

East Hull no Ncl, a winter A team no U18,17, 16

Dockers Ncl, no summer A team, winter A team no u18, 17, 16

Skirlaugh NCL (relegated last year) summer A team no winter team, no u18, 16

Myton Ncl, no summer A team, 2 winter teams, no U18,17

• 1 month later...

What happened with Thatto Heaths floodlights? and my understanding was that all NCL clubs had to have working floodlights, surly Thatto should have been forced to secure a ground with working floodlights if their own were not working.

Archived