Lineham Signs For Warrington

Got to ask why?

Surely Hull could pay him the same amount as wire,unless a brown paper bag is involved

Wire were in the top 2 a couple of seasons ago but since have gone backwards,their recruitment recently Asotasi,Simms and the massively overrated old man Gidley leave alot to be desired.

IMO Hull have a much chance of winning silverware as this current Wire side

Biggest question is : what is the current Man of Steel doing? 

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This isn't a Hull story, its a Warrington story.

What is it with Warrington, they seem compelled to throw money around for players. Usually it doesn't improve the team, it just seems to make the team more fragmented.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Got to ask why?

Surely Hull could pay him the same amount as wire,unless a brown paper bag is involved

Wire were in the top 2 a couple of seasons ago but since have gone backwards,their recruitment recently Asotasi,Simms and the massively overrated old man Gidley leave alot to be desired.

IMO Hull have a much chance of winning silverware as this current Wire side

It's not always about money.

He'll have more chance of success at Warrington, and may have been unsettled at Hull. It's not been a happy place at the KC over the last 2 years.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

It's a mere speed bump on our journey back to the elite.

Is that sarcasm?

You can't have failed to notice the conveyor belt of calibre players out of the city since 2006.

The OP states there is "life after Briscoe" but Leeds currently sit comfortably top of the table with FC around mid-table. Warrington are also a few places higher and just "re-upped" off one of their better players.

It's not a good advert for either SL or the elite game in Hull, however you all spin it.

Who are the genuine elite players in Hull right now (either club)?

Is that sarcasm?

I'd say more tongue in cheek to be honest. Like my good self, my pal has a very good grip on reality and isn't gonna let 8 wins from 10, or whatever it is, cloud his judgement.

Are you filling in for our mutual absent friend?

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Is that sarcasm?

You can't have failed to notice the conveyor belt of calibre players out of the city since 2006.

The OP states there is "life after Briscoe" but Leeds currently sit comfortably top of the table with FC around mid-table. Warrington are also a few places higher and just "re-upped" off one of their better players.

It's not a good advert for either SL or the elite game in Hull, however you all spin it.

Minus an injured Tom Briscoe!

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

Decent player lineham but hasn't kicked on like I thought he would. Looks a world beater at times and not great at others.

Change might do him good and he might reach the levels he looked capable of but 140k is a lot of money for an uncapped winger.

Is that sarcasm?

Just like at all clubs. Wigan have lost more than any other club I do believe.

And Warrington will lose a few players too. In fact, they just lost Mickey Higham to Leigh.

Do you class Lineham as a genuine elite player? Because if you do, then Ellis, Minnicello, Shaul, Westerman, Houghton, Sneyd and Pryce are all genuine elite players.

Wigan and Warrington don't seem to be losing these players to transfer fees from clubs within their own competition, however. That's the key difference. They either lose them up the chain to NRL/union or allow their cast-offs to drift down the league ladder. They are buying clubs within their own comp.

Hull FC is a selling club, which means that at best they can remain steady in the middle of the pack, which is what they have done for the last 9 years.

And if an ageing Mark Minichello on his last contract is amongst your best players, well. You've given up even trying to be elite.

Have you seen him play this season?, he's probably the form 2nd rower in SL.

He's in great form, is an outstanding player and is the complete professional. Sorry, but your disparaging remarks to suit your argument are not worth reading.

Have you seen him play this season?, he's probably the form 2nd rower in SL.

He's in great form, is an outstanding player and is the complete professional. Sorry, but your disparaging remarks to suit your argument are not worth reading.

I haven't but that really just shows how poor SL is if true. He was average in a below average Titans side last year.

Good thread this.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

I'd say more tongue in cheek to be honest. Like my good self, my pal has a very good grip on reality and isn't gonna let 8 wins from 10, or whatever it is, cloud his judgement.

Are you filling in for our mutual absent friend?

Indeed, with a little bit of wary optimism thrown in.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

It's not always about money.

He'll have more chance of success at Warrington, and may have been unsettled at Hull. It's not been a happy place at the KC over the last 2 years.

During the game and the post-match interviews last week I thought he had the demeanour of an individual who felt he didn't belong anymore.

Either that or he's beginning to think he's made a mistake. I don't think it's by any means certain he'll have more chance of success at Warrington.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Commendable spin job but you just lost one of your best players, no?

How is this not yet another example of downgrading at FC/KR and how does it not reinforce the message that the clubs need to merge in order to keep the best talent in town?

You really need to let it go. There's more chance of Serbia saying to Croatia 'How about we give Yugoslavia another try?'.

I haven't but that really just shows how poor SL is if true. He was average in a below average Titans side last year.

Also, Leon Pryce?

Really?

You freely admit that you haven't seen Minichiello , and presumably therefore Leon Pryce, play this season but feel qualified to comment about the standards of them and the team they play for?

Wigan and Warrington don't seem to be losing these players to transfer fees from clubs within their own competition, however. That's the key difference. They either lose them up the chain to NRL/union or allow their cast-offs to drift down the league ladder. They are buying clubs within their own comp.

Well Lineham can't be that good then because union or NRL didn't want him. So much for that theory.

Let's merge the Hull clubs do that when we do magically attract all these big name players, they'll leave us for NRL and union anyways.

Hull FC is a selling club, which means that at best they can remain steady in the middle of the pack, which is what they have done for the last 9 years.

So we don't buy in then?

As a rovers fan it frustrates me when people leave/get sold to a more in vogue club, but if people dont want to stay then 140k is much better in Hulls bank than having a unsettled player

I cant ever see a merger and nor would i want one, either teams fortunes could have a sudden upturn on a Daryl Powell type appointent or being patient enough to invest in youth and play a team together

As a rovers fan it frustrates me when people leave/get sold to a more in vogue club, but if people dont want to stay then 140k is much better in Hulls bank than having a unsettled player

I cant ever see a merger and nor would i want one, either teams fortunes could have a sudden upturn on a Daryl Powell type appointent or being patient enough to invest in youth and play a team together

But neither team can keep the best young Hull-born players.

Jon Wilkin, Scott Taylor and Josh Hodgson would be the best cases in point. All 3 left town very young for brighter lights and better prospects.

This won't ever change with 2 middle-of-the-road sides as opposed to 1 powerful side. It seems strange to me that you would suggest it might. How?

But neither team can keep the best young Hull-born players.

Jon Wilkin, Scott Taylor and Josh Hodgson would be the best cases in point. All 3 left town very young for brighter lights and better prospects.

This won't ever change with 2 middle-of-the-road sides as opposed to 1 powerful side. It seems strange to me that you would suggest it might. How?

Where is all this Hull talent that Hull FC can't keep? How many Hull based internationals have we actually lost?

Archived