Mokdad Speaks

I have stated it before and will reiterate it again, the Rugby Union (named in its broadest sense) have for a number of years been employing Rugby League coaches and methods for the sole purpose of improving their sport*.

Indeed my signature under my posts is the last sentance taken from the excellent book by Mike Rylands "The Forbidden Game" quite simply it means that Rugby Union would most probably have evolved into what we now have in league a faster, easier to understand better game, but to ultimately acheive this they would needto drop two players to make the game more open - I am sure that I have read in the recent past that this has been suggested by some former high profile RU players.

That being the case some may want to see that happen i.e. an amalgamation of the games, I personally don't, which brings me round to this discussion of a name change for Rugby League, quite simply if the RLIF globally registered the French name Jeu à Treize or translated Game of Thirteen with the word Rugby included somewhere in the name if possible, would that not protect these outposts who the RU are seemingly determined to stop, whilst also protecting our product and identity.

*Why do we not employ RU coaches to improve our game, answers on the back of a stamp please!

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

hope some one can post a link to his appearance on NRL 360, all the best to him for the future

When is it schedules please? Or have I missed it?

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

I have stated it before and will reiterate it again, the Rugby Union (named in its broadest sense) have for a number of years been employing Rugby League coaches and methods for the sole purpose of improving their sport*.

Indeed my signature under my posts is the last sentance taken from the excellent book by Mike Rylands "The Forbidden Game" quite simply it means that Rugby Union would most probably have evolved into what we now have in league a faster, easier to understand better game, but to ultimately acheive this they would needto drop two players to make the game more open - I am sure that I have read in the recent past that this has been suggested by some former high profile RU players.

That being the case some may want to see that happen i.e. an amalgamation of the games, I personally don't, which brings me round to this discussion of a name change for Rugby League, quite simply if the RLIF globally registered the French name Jeu à Treize or translated Game of Thirteen with the word Rugby included somewhere in the name if possible, would that not protect these outposts who the RU are seemingly determined to stop, whilst also protecting our product and identity.

*Why do we not employ RU coaches to improve our game, answers on the back of a stamp please!

The real question is: Why don't RU coaches (and players) want to cross over to our code? Your question makes it sound like RU coaches are begging to move to the M62 to coach and are being turned down. A more important question you should be asking is: why can't our game service the ambitions of Ford, Farrell, Kevin Sinfield etc? And RL bought a load of RU players in the 90's, going by your logic i guess that was to improve RL because they came from a superior sport?

​I'm  concerned that he believes that the RLIF are prepared to deal with this bogus RL governing body? I was under the impression that the RLIF were committed to establishing a proper RL governance in the UAE, totally separate from the UAERF ....at least that's what I take from reading their press release?

http://www.rlif.com/rugby-league-international-news/article/1562/rlif-statement-regarding-sol-mokdad

Archived