No Confidence in Board

Kevin Nicholas

I shouldn't but I do read the forum and find some things said upsetting. The forum is a mix of genuine supporters and some maybe not. I can see points in some criticism but some is now questioning everything we do or don't do with innuendo thrown in . I talk to many supporters who are supportive & tell me to ignore it( maybe these are just happy clappers as insultingly referred to on here). Maybe this forum reflects accurately the views of supporters. So........

If you have no confidence in the present Board chaired by me vote by posting on this thread. Please I am not inviting comment or qualified posts asking us to improve. So if you have confidence no need to post.

If you have no confidence then post it is as simple as that. The other thing I ask is that if you have not posted before use your real name so as to avoid some people on here simply multiple posting in different false names..I personally will consider very carefully the response as I am first and foremost a supporter as are all the Board.

Now is your opportunity to state loud and clear your position for everybody to see and your chance to embarrass the Board if you so wish. We all know where we stand then.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I shouldn't but I do read the forum and find some things said upsetting. The forum is a mix of genuine supporters and some maybe not. I can see points in some criticism but some is now questioning everything we do or don't do with innuendo thrown in . I talk to many supporters who are supportive & tell me to ignore it( maybe these are just happy clappers as insultingly referred to on here). Maybe this forum reflects accurately the views of supporters. So........

If you have no confidence in the present Board chaired by me vote by posting on this thread. Please I am not inviting comment or qualified posts asking us to improve. So if you have confidence no need to post.

If you have no confidence then post it is as simple as that. The other thing I ask is that if you have not posted before use your real name so as to avoid some people on here simply multiple posting in different false names..I personally will consider very carefully the response as I am first and foremost a supporter as are all the Board.

Now is your opportunity to state loud and clear your position for everybody to see and your chance to embarrass the Board if you so wish. We all know where we stand then.

I cant speak for everyone, but the only person I have no confidence in remains the coach.

As a 'genuine supporter' I feel things could be done better, I posted a thread about the advertising of the games this last week, which im sure you'll agree isnt acceptable, and when you look at how other clubs do things, we do come across as very amatuerish - I can see how this is riling up sections of the supporters as ultimately we all care and want us to be the best we can be.

I like you Kevin and im sure youare as frustrated as us, youve got my backing.

Im not interested in the politics of running the club and all the sniping though to be honest, im sure you are aware of our shortcomings, i just want to watch the team play well each week.

I reckon a few good wins and all of a sudden things will look a lot brighter on here and in general, only thing is its difficult to see where the next win is coming from.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

For what its worth as a fev fan and read the batley forum reg the slateing the board get esp KN is getting a bit boreing now.our chairman MC got the same slagging off a couple of seasons back when powel left for cas but like KN mark is a fan of his club whatever they do will not please everyone but god forbid if he ever said thats it and walks away god belp fev and thats the same with you guys be thankfull of what you'v got not what you want john kear dunt become a bad coach overnite he can only work with what he's got yes were in a bit better position than you guys but we'v not always been there yes we get bigger gates but that down to marketing not the chaiman i have seen mark working the burger van on match days getting stuck in thats a fan not a chairmn on match days KN needs your support not your slagging off he seems like a fan like MC is at fev

Well, I haven't been called a happy clapper yet, but an "idiot" and "pathetic"... so that should give an idea at least where I stand.

Having said that, there is no clear cut right and wrong in our situation, and I really would like to discuss a few things with you Kevin about the public representation of the club, but not on a public forum.

As you don't reply to PMs and I am a long way away, it does make things rather difficult. Any suggestions how we could accomplish that?

Sorry i was messing about trying to see how easy it is to put another id.

This is KN!!!'

That would have been my next question :-)

Sorry i was messing about trying to see how easy it is to put another id.

This is KN!!!'

Well, you know it worked because you've attracted Adminstrator attention due to posting using the same IP address for both accounts.  You were able to register two accounts because you used two different internet connections, email accounts and other key things when you did that but it flagged you immediately when you used one IP address to post with both accounts.  We do check when that occurs, our multi-user and banned-user finding tools are very effective.

I'm banning your 2nd account and will remind you of the Terms & Conditions of Use of this forum which you signed up to when you joined which specifically bans the use of 2nd accounts without permission.

Also, while I'm at it, there's nothing wrong with using pseudonyms on this forum.  There are more than a few pro and semi-pro players and other club officials who are members here anonymously posting and chewing the fat with fellow rugby fans without having to reveal themselves, tying their views to their professional profiles and being unfairly criticised just because of who they are.  On the other side, there's been more than a few people who have been grossly unfairly persecuted by being a whistleblower or just using robust criticism and using their real name while they do, so you may understand why people choose not to reveal their names.  In my time as an administrator of this forum I've seen club officials grossly unfairly treat fans simply because they used their real name to dare to criticise their club.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Just got back from game. So far not any posts against the Board which is good news from our perspective. We will wait until after the Haven game before being properly able to judge supporters views but on other threads nice to see positivity about our players performance today and am confident we can build on our last two performances against full time teams.

So far we have Gary Coyle who does not like me personally and is not a Bulldogs supporter so his opinion in my eyes is worthless but we will just have to see if others join him in next 7 days. Hope not.

Just got back from game. So far not any posts against the Board which is good news from our perspective. We will wait until after the Haven game before being properly able to judge supporters views but on other threads nice to see positivity about our players performance today and am confident we can build on our last two performances against full time teams.

So far we have Gary Coyle who does not like me personally and is not a Bulldogs supporter so his opinion in my eyes is worthless but we will just have to see if others join him in next 7 days. Hope not.

Why bother with this Kevin? You make the same mistake that we all do on here in believing that the forum community is actually larger and more influential than we really are. At the end of the day, we all want the same as each other, our team being successful, our club thriving. 

As the team become more successful, the supporters will become happier! Just let that happen!

Just out of interest, what are you hoping to achieve by "outing" anyone who believes the current board are doing a bad job?  This seems a very unnecessary way of airing dirty laundry in such a public place.

My name, in case you don't know it, is Mark Ward, by the way, and I have no interest in stating whether the board is doing a good or bad job.  I am a supporter of the team.

Distantdog you are probably right.i am simply interested to know if views are of one & a bit people, a small number or a majority of supporters. I personally have no wish to continue if the Board do not have the confidence of the majority of supporters. That doesn't mean they have to agree with everything we do or do not do nor does it mean we are faultless because we are certainly not and some criticism is fair.If supporters feel strongly enough they will come on this thread and confirm that they have lost confidence in us if not then so be it.

That said now everybody at the Club will concentrate on trying to turn promising performances against full time teams into a win next Sunday to put everybody in an even better frame of mind.

Its not a issue with the board for me just the lack of new blood and poor recruitment

I said before the season started lacked cover in the backs. It seems to me that our coach told us he wouldnt make the same mistakes but he did. We lacked cover but he couldnt or wouldnt see this last season ben black was out for long periods of time we struggled . This season both halfbacks have been out . We didnt have cover in our ranks and this has hurt us the season we got to the grandfinal we had 3 quailty backs since then 2 every season and we have struggled and not kicked on like we all thought we would have.my name is chris and im just a fustrated supporter.

The sooner all critics realise that our chairman is probably the clubs biggest fan the better this site will be. Does anybody know a club chairman who on match days puts the winning ticket numbers on the board for all to see? I've been to most grounds in the RL and never heard winning numbers. How many chairman will take a bin linner round the club to help clear up? How many chairman's wife help run a bar? The answer to all 3 questions is non .sorry I forgot to mention the investment of 3 to 4 hundred k . We all make mistakes, KN will admit he has but remember without him the fans forum would not exist because the club wouldn't

The sooner all critics realise that our chairman is probably the clubs biggest fan the better this site will be. Does anybody know a club chairman who on match days puts the winning ticket numbers on the board for all to see? I've been to most grounds in the RL and never heard winning numbers. How many chairman will take a bin linner round the club to help clear up? How many chairman's wife help run a bar? The answer to all 3 questions is non .sorry I forgot to mention the investment of 3 to 4 hundred k . We all make mistakes, KN will admit he has but remember without him the fans forum would not exist because the club wouldn't

A comedian as well

Black& Moore out& out halfbacks with Hemingway a halfback/hooker like Leak & Nicholson but Nico then injured badly as well. It is not easy covering the halfback position. Without Brierley today Leigh were a significantly weaker team. Every Club would be same. However now have made this comment some will maybe not agree but I can say nothing more just need to move on . We are still looking for a halfback but Cain is now fit so hopefully things will improve more.

Archived