Eng V NZ Olympic Park tickets

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Won't the ground have already been "looking silly" for various of the RU world cup games before then? Obviously, I can see the attraction of not being too close to the "action" for those matches, but I assume it'll be the same configuration for us?

its going to look silly,we should have picked a different venue and waited till the proper retractable seating was installed

But it's not going to look much different to how it will when the "proper retractable seating" is installed.

Here's how it will look behind the posts. Only the front rows have been built, but you can see a section indicating how many more rows will be added to the lower tier. 

OS73.jpg

Here you can see the metal frame onto which the seats will be fixed. Just picture that (with seats) curving round to almost meet the extended lower tiers of the side stands. It's not that far from the pitch, which will be lengthened as well

os60.jpg

But it's not going to look much different to how it will when the "proper retractable seating" is installed.

Here's how it will look behind the posts. Only the front rows have been built, but you can see a section indicating how many more rows will be added to the lower tier.

OS73.jpg

Here you can see the metal frame onto which the seats will be fixed. Just picture that (with seats) curving round to almost meet the extended lower tiers of the side stands. It's not that far from the pitch, which will be lengthened as well

os60.jpg

Aye ive just seen more pics thats gonna make it not so daft...

Still a dogs dinner of a stadium though,they should have built a stade d'france-esq stadium from the get go..

Still not bought my tickets yet either..gonna wait till after that RUWC warm up game and see what the seating is like..

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

i was there 3 weeks ago for para athletics meeting. its a great stadium and i would even suggest having magic there especially given everything else there is there to do

My kids were there for the Diamond League athletics (having been there previously for the Olympics) and were suitably impressed too.

Is having Magic there a possible option? Is the stadium going to be available for hire once it's been handed over to West Ham?

I simply can't understand why you are so negative about it. if you go and aren't impressed I will pay for all and any pies you buy while there.

I would urge anyone who has not been to make every effort to get there, as it is a fantastic stadium in brilliant surroundings.

I simply can't understand why you are so negative about it. if you go and aren't impressed I will pay for all and any pies you buy while there.

I would urge anyone who has not been to make every effort to get there, as it is a fantastic stadium in brilliant surroundings.

well my awesome new wife treated me to a weekend away in London for this for my birthday. Knew she was a keeper!

Got train tickets west coast £20 each way could not find the cheaper ones how ever hard i tried.So £80 for the two of us not to bad and cheaper than the challenge cup train tickets.

Whats the best method of transport to the stadium from Euston.

Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/rochdalehornets/

Quickest but dearest is walk out the station, turn left by the church onto Euston Road, walk for 10 minutes to St Pancras, go up the escalator between Starbucks and  Marks and Spencer and take any train to Stratford International (duration 7 minutes).

Alternatively take the Underground Northern Line to either Waterloo or London Bridge and then take the Jubilee line to Stratford. Waterloo might be the better option as the transfer at London Bridge is quite a distance and the station is undergoing extensive engineering work.

For either option the Stadium is a further 10 minutes on foot.

www.twitter.com/flyingking2

Whats the best method of transport to the stadium from Euston.

Simplest is probably Northern Line to Bank, then change for the Central Line to Stratford. 25 minutes.

There are quite a few combinations of tube lines though.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Can I get in on this offer too?

Check out upcoming international fixtures and highlights of past matches at http://rlfixtures.weebly.com

St Albans Centurions International Liaison Officer and former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

I predict, dead expensive and not very nice. I'll probably have quite a few.

Two possible options for those who don't feel at home in a Yates's:

The Crate Brewery, 2 mins from the stadium. Good beer, cracking pizzas, and a waterside seat - what's not to love. Given the number of hipsters in Hackney Wick, even Padge's Beard would fit in.  http://cratebrewery.com/

And next the stadium, in the basement of Westfields (ignore the location, it's not as horrendous as it sounds), there's an excellent bar called Tap East - great selection of beer. http://www.tapeast.co.uk/

Archived