Ambition

Kevin Nicholas

Seems odd they use the same name, I always assumed they were affiliated.

Sounds from the history there are definite links though, whether official or otherwise - certainly an avenue to explore IMO

I think the Cougars-Cougar Cubs model is great and the best avenue to explore.

If Batley don't go down this route then I hope Dewsbury do!

Tom

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems odd they use the same name, I always assumed they were affiliated.

Sounds from the history there are definite links though, whether official or otherwise - certainly an avenue to explore IMO

To be honest mate im sure they are closely connected as its possible to be but just pay the RFL lip service just to "officially" stay within the rules

The club need to sign up to Embed the Pathway,a program put in place by the RFL to encourage links between the local pro and amateur clubs,with players and coaches alike working together to improve not only players but coaches too.

Can highly recommend any club to sign upto Embed the Pathway program as it is going down a storm here at NEW Ravens in that our junior numbers have over trebled this season and from u-7's all way up to u-15's , kids love what they are doing in training, parents who quite a few are RU Kids coaches are been blown away with this and not seen owt like it before and wish that RFU had something similar in place. Early days i know but proof will be in the pudding if we unearth a new Johhny Campbell and if our open age side comes stronger in the years to come.

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

I fully agree with the points made by Bulldogs Days and BTJ, in his first post, in relation to additional persons needed to run the club/business. These persons would bring fresh ideas, vitality, and hopefully increase the clubs "presence" in the town, something which is lacking at the current time.  I would suggest that one such person who might fit the bill recently assisted at the BISSA dinner and, IMO, he would be a valuable asset with his enthusiasm to see the club improve and also his knowledge/know how of Batley.  Other posters have already commented on the need for an improvement on the commercial side of the club, with the national firms in the area who would not appear to have been approached in relation to sponsorship.  Whether this could be incorporated by someone in conjunction with playing/coaching is an avenue that could be explored.

People who know me will confirm that for years now I have been spouting on that there should be a link up between Batley Boys and the club.  (I do not have any connection with the Boys).  The postings by BTJ and PKK sum up my thoughts completely and even if the Boys cannot officially be linked to the Club then I fail to see how they cannot be the same as Keighley Cougar Cubs ARLFC, who openly state on their website "Although not directly associated to the Cougars professional team they share close ties with their namesakes and play in the same club colours of red, green and white.  The Club's u-18's ..........home games take place at Cougar Park."  If that is not a link up in all but name, please tell me what is!  By having this link, it would encourage the youngsters to associate themselves with the Bulldogs and feel an affiliation to them so that, hopefully, the next Carl Gibson will be found.  It would also encourage the adults to visit the Fox's stadium.

Alongside this the public relations side of the club needs upgrading.  The website should contain more information especially concerning the Community team and the work they are doing.  Full details of the Boys team should also be included on it showing upcoming matches, results, league tables etc.  Whilst it was good to see 2 photographs from the recent curtain raiser, this should be a standard item.  I wonder how many times the picture has been pointed out to school mates/play mates and especially (proud) grandparents, uncles and aunts.  It all brings a feel good factor into play and interlinked with the commercial side, any potential sponsor who looks at the website would only be impressed by what they saw.

None of these matters, nor those suggested by others will change things overnight but they are seeds which need to be sown and hopefully will slowly grow and benefit the club by setting a firm foundation for the future of the club.

Are all the aforementioned items tabled into the minutes of the next Board meeting Kevin? As ably demonstrated, the supporters have dug deep for constructive ideas & given you genuine input. We await your considered response and activity.

+1
r02c.gif

Archived