Kingstone Press Championship: Dewsbury 16 Halifax 46

EQUALIZER

Well if he is

We are in trouble lol

Disappointing for me this season

And gone "hiding" in games

Far more going forward last season

Rob spicer would be ahead of him all day long for best player on workload alone

Spicer and heppy having great seasons but if we lost them it wouldn't hurt half as much as if we lost Thacks.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With B Delaney and Glover named, does that mean one of our half backs are carrying an injury, or has GM lost faith?

Won't question GM, but maybe he think London at home and Feath away are easier games to win and play our full strength side.

Hope we get the win today, home fans need something to shout about after the performances against Donny and Workington.

It's going to be tough.

Rams 29 v Halifax 22

Grant FTS and MOM

Att - 1,104

(Head says Fax will be too strong)

Spicer and heppy having great seasons but if we lost them it wouldn't hurt half as much as if we lost Thacks.

Disagree

Someone would get a chance to.step up.to the plate and show their stuff

Don't forget this is how Sam tomkins got his break in the wigan team

Sometimes when permanent fixtures get displaced.. Doors open for other avenues

Also flipping the coin

If you keep underperformers in their positions regardless of how they play

You can never be proved wrong can you

Bit like playing games on a cup games friday and claiming more people come

Without playing cup game on a Sunday

It can't be proved in a unbalanced argument

;)

Disagree

Someone would get a chance to.step up.to the plate and show their stuff

;)

We will just have to disagree for a change coolie and I for one hope you don't get chance to prove me wrong. Don't fancy playing any of our games without Thacks. He makes things tick and we need somebody like that. Rob and heppy can do their best but they ain't the try makers.

Getting what you deserve when your coach drops players like Seymour, mikale and Farrell and keeps faith with our world class centre. Nothing!

All in favour of rotation when things aren't going well but you've got to drop the right ones.

And as for crookes on 53 minutes

Words fail me...

No they don't s#!?te

yes thackeray did make bad pass but he also score 1 and set 1 up as for crookes totally agree.... one of worst players ive seen play for club ive given him more than enough time.... constantly out of position cant pass cant catch misses more tackles than he makes.... would rather have prycey with 1 leg. i dont usually slag players but ive had enough.... hasnt impressed me in 1 game since hes been here 

Bet your glad I didn't steal your money now,ramsfandan lol

I've got to say that is the most disjointed debacle I've seen for a long time

Took me back to the jowett days of mates ambling around the field with no fire,passion nor any care

The usual workloaders put their usual shifts in while the super league hasbeen bungled thru the calamitous plays

Some did their best today and that's all that matters

Some made the numbers up

I ain't even gonna listen to radio leeds to listen to a volley of excuses how nobody's listening or blaming injuries

Or even "it was the longest day and we were never gonna win"

Sometimes you've to look in the mirror and say...it's my fault!!

It was total garbage. Far too many handling errors and wrong options gifting them easy ball. Lets face a team like Fax are always going to capitalise on that. We can well and truly kiss goodbye to a top 4 spot. To be fair we need to improve massively if we are to win again before the end of the regular campaign. Just simply not good enough IMO.

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/ image.png.96e4130d8b139666bf34e8fcdead30d9.png

Utter Garbage and SH*TE top four who the hell are we kidding , I am very frustrated and dissapointed in what i saw today , anymore performances like that and I will deffo not be attending games next season.

Ergh! (again).

We were rubbish today and we're not good enough for the top four.

A couple of players who I've stuck up for on here over the last few weeks really let us down, and a couple who have won plaudits from other supporters were very poor too, and it is a poor reflection when our three best players were the ones who are new to first team.

Seymour wasn't dropped - he's injured his hamstring. I don't think he'd have made much of a difference anyway.

Not much went our way but we didn't do ourselves any favours either.

When there were 12 points in it at the start of the second half we wasted chance after chance after chance through forward passes, badly-timed passes and passes to nobody.

We lost to a very talented Halifax side who beat Featherstone on their own patch by a similar margin two weeks ago, and I think it could be between them and London for that fourth spot.

It's the first time since Sheffield away at the start of last season that we've had 40 put on us. That, and the fact it came after such a positive performance last week, makes it hurt even more.

Tom

Only highlight of the day was hearing Sheffield had been well and truly stuffed by Leigh.

It was a dismal performance, our tries came off ad-hoc bits of play nothing planned and lack of organisation and penetration near the line. Walshaw was very good but he clearly is a second rower. We were outmuscled in the forwards as were against Workington, so get him in the pack.

Think Seymour was a miss today, he organises and takes the pressure off Thackery.  I am waiting for Crookes to make a break or look dangerous with the ball, his defence is poor. Hyde is not a full-back, running the ball back or defensively. He's a half-back. Whilst Fieldhouse seems to have lost a bit of his pace, he is still solid under the high ball and takes the ball back better. Not sure what Wildie is, but he rarely runs from acting half so is too predictable.

We started well, but we gradually went back to the bad habits of the last few weeks. Not completing, conceding lots of yards up the middle by not tackling legs and apart from Conroy and Glover, not having a player who could break a tackle. Thought Glover played well, looked one of our better players on attack and defence.

But full credit to Halifax who played really well and reckon it will be between them and London for 4th. If we did get 4th by any fluke we would get annihilated on this form.

Very poor today , we were hammered by Fax forwards they made plenty of yards. I saw the odd sight of 2 Rams tacklers hanging around the shoulders then a 3rd running in and also tackling round the shoulders. We can't manage the basics at the minute and are in a real dip in form. Crookes had a nightmare the lad tries and looked gutted about his mistakes but he isn't good enough he couldn't tackle a hot dinner. Too many dropped balls or passes to nobody GM has a huge week to try and turn things around. How many games are left that are winnable 2 ?

Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

yes thacks is by far and away our best player imo

Still reckon that do you?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

We were very, very good today. Our pack is pretty darn good and totally dominated their opposites. I didnt think it would be that easy to be honest but like Glen Morrison said the gulf in class was massive.

I was impressed with Fax today. They were a class above us and every player looked better than his opposite number. The pack played as a unit but, especially, they whole team looked properly organised with each player knowing his place and the part that he was playing in every move - good coaching in other words. Murrell and Kaye bossed everything in the first half and Johnston gained the upper hand as our half backs faded into insignificance.

We were well beaten in the forwards and looked bereft of structure or ideas with some truly awful passes being thrown out by experienced players. Conroy and Glover caught the eye but there were far too many poor individual performances to list. It's a shame that we don't have a game next week to sort some of these things out but maybe it will give those players carrying injuries a bit more time to recover.

Even sixth is looking a big ask now.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Yep. Forwards were pants today and the best scrum half in the world would have struggled

But have not given two tries away at crucial moments. I'm afraid Thacks hasn't played well for a couple of months now, whether or not the pack has.

Ergh! (again).

We were rubbish today and we're not good enough for the top four.

A couple of players who I've stuck up for on here over the last few weeks really let us down, and a couple who have won plaudits from other supporters were very poor too, and it is a poor reflection when our three best players were the ones who are new to first team.

Seymour wasn't dropped - he's injured his hamstring. I don't think he'd have made much of a difference anyway.

Not much went our way but we didn't do ourselves any favours either.

When there were 12 points in it at the start of the second half we wasted chance after chance after chance through forward passes, badly-timed passes and passes to nobody.

We lost to a very talented Halifax side who beat Featherstone on their own patch by a similar margin two weeks ago, and I think it could be between them and London for that fourth spot.

It's the first time since Sheffield away at the start of last season that we've had 40 put on us. That, and the fact it came after such a positive performance last week, makes it hurt even more.

I think I wasn't paying attention when you read out the man of the match Tom. Who was it again?

Archived