18 Jun: Castleford Tigers v St Helens KO 8pm (TV)

Who will win?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • Draw
    • St Helens

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unbelievable. Cas gain sweet revenge for last year. It certainly did live up to the standard of that match and was compulsive viewing.

As disappointing as it is to lose the game, the bigger loss is likely to come in the form of yet more injuries. We can't afford to lose either Swift or McDonell long term on top of Lomax and Makinson.  

We've got bloody loads of them haven't we?  And a Challenge Cup quarter final coming up.  Great.

We've got bloody loads of them haven't we?  And a Challenge Cup quarter final coming up.  Great.

Argh :( that slipped my mind in the excitement. I'm not sure how we can possibly cover this effectively. Turner to fullback with Jones in the centres and a youngster on the wing I suppose.

That was so much fun. We watch the greatest game. Roby knocks on once every blue moon... Roberts is a one man excitement machine. He's Cas' Gelling. Once again, Cas show they are a wonderful side - they deserve to have full houses between now and eternity.

Greenwood is oven ready for England. He just oozes class.

It was Saint Toppy who started the v angry at gldo play acting thread, wasn't it - to be so torn...

Great game. Well done everyone. Wow. Game of Union anyone?

If you're desperate You could always ask Josh Jones I suppose.
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

High speed Cas!

Blimey, the last time I saw that it was in the Daily Mirror when we were all getting converted to North Sea gas.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Wilkin acting one week, LMS another, they must have a full pack of Equity cards....

Blimey, the last time I saw that it was in the Daily Mirror when we were all getting converted to North Sea gas.

About the same time as "Gone for a Burton"?

I'm anything but a wilkin fan but he did get a kick and a knee in the head last week,this week LMS was just knackered

Sorry, you misunderstand.

I was being mischievous about EW and his swipes at Saints' players, all in good humour, obviously.

Argh :( that slipped my mind in the excitement. I'm not sure how we can possibly cover this effectively. Turner to fullback with Jones in the centres and a youngster on the wing I suppose.

Reagan grace or Calvin Wellington maybe?

Wilkin acting one week, LMS another, they must have a full pack of Equity cards....

You've changed your tune!  On the thread from our game against Wigan you were pointing out the blood streaming down Wilkin's face as - obvious - evidence that he had actually been injured. 

LMS on the other hand is an dork.  Just when he needs to play it straight he thinks he's back in the East End, giving it large. 

Saints as a whole went backwards by about a month tonight in giving away penalties, dropping the ball and looking like they couldn't tackle their way out of a paper bag.  Not the right attitude to go into a key game against an in form team who know how to play good rugby.

Reagan grace or Calvin Wellington maybe?

Both appear to be very promising (and are Welsh which is always a bonus!) but I'd be nervous about debuting a youngster in such an important game. I guess it'll be one of the other young backs who's already appeared this year. It's going to be hard to muster much confidence for that game now though.

You've changed your tune! On the thread from our game against Wigan you were pointing out the blood streaming down Wilkin's face as - obvious - evidence that he had actually been injured.

I haven't at all, I refer this right honourable lady to my post from a few minutes ago.

You've changed your tune!  On the thread from our game against Wigan you were pointing out the blood streaming down Wilkin's face as - obvious - evidence that he had actually been injured. 

LMS on the other hand is an dork.  Just when he needs to play it straight he thinks he's back in the East End, giving it large. 

Saints as a whole went backwards by about a month tonight in giving away penalties, dropping the ball and looking like they couldn't tackle their way out of a paper bag.  Not the right attitude to go into a key game against an in form team who know how to play good rugby.

An apt description after his ridiculous behaviour tonight. Swift possibly had the worst game of his career tonight. Lets hope he quickly bounces back from both that horrble injury and that performance. 

An apt description after his ridiculous behaviour tonight. Swift possibly had the worst game of his career tonight. Lets hope he quickly bounces back from both that horrble injury and that performance. 

We can replace Swift (although it obviously goes without saying that I hope the stretcher thing was just a precaution).  It's McDonnell I'm worried about.  If he's injured then we're goosed.

I was mystified by Robes.  Granted, he shouldn't have been playing.  Dislocating a bone in your hand and having a recurring injury in the other should mean you don't play until you can properly hold a ball and tackle.  But I couldn't believe that he made all the mistakes he had never made ever all in one game and just when we least needed him to!  To give away the ball on our line like that at the scrum was just so not like Robes as to make me think that an alien had taken over his body.

Swift is not a regular dropper of passes. This was an unusually bad night for him, even before the injury.

As a Wigan fan, the result was welcome, but as a fan of the game as a whole, I'd have enjoyed the hell out of that match even if Saints had won it.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Great game to watch from a neutral point of view. I must say that I am loving the spirit and endeavour the whole Cas team are displaying lately. Credit to them.

LMS's behaviour was a tad ridiculous I agree but he certainly gave Saints a decent amount of forward momentum.

A good player that lets himself down by mouthing at the ref and uttering obscenities that are far too easy to lipread.

Still, I'd have him at the KC.

The atmosphere built up nicely in Rileys for the London Rugby League Foundation event. And it was jubilation all around when that drop goal went over.

Great game.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Archived