jarrod sammut

townie88

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently, according to the local press, he wont be registered in time to play for us on Sunday against the Bulls.    So, nothing to do with him playing for Malta that day against Belgium at Headingley, then.    Our home match with Leigh will be the first time we get to see him after Sheffield away then the old enemy away.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

Well some of you can still see negativity in everything, and puts to bed all the siht that has been posted about Wigan not allowing it to happen.

Great signing and just what we needed, it will hopefully give the whole club the lift it needs both on and off the field.

Well done to everyone who has made it happen.

UTT!

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Well some of you can still see negativity in everything, and puts to bed all the siht that has been posted about Wigan not allowing it to happen.

Great signing and just what we needed, it will hopefully give the whole club the lift it needs both on and off the field.

Well done to everyone who has made it happen.

UTT!

It's a great signing but there are other problems that need addressing so people are entitled to still have reservations about staying up. It's exciting news though, well done everybody concerned.

Great news, the BoD finally got their man; a player of his class can only propel us forward. Long way to go but a real boost. I'd better go this Sunday then to add to the coffers if nowt else.

I guess he'll still play in this so called international will he ? Get through that unscathed and then training will be very good to watch next week ... He has a bit of Rangi Chase in him , so fitting in with us and what we are programmed to do week in week out will be interesting . We talk about Phil and his structures , but he has to let this guy just play , and we need to pull more toward him than vice versa , as what we are doing repeatedly needs dumping .

It's a great signing but there are other problems that need addressing so people are entitled to still have reservations about staying up. It's exciting news though, well done everybody concerned.

Of course people are entitled to their opinions, but with some folk I'm sure if we signed Inglis there would still be a caveat in their praise like " good signing but it's a prop we need and the scoreboard is still broken" I'm not a glass half empty person so just can't see why people can't just look forward to the boost he will give everyone.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

I'd personally stick with Doran . It may take a lot of the pressure off him . He can use his strengths of kicking , passing and organising . He's had ups and downs like the rest but I think he's worth persevering with . With him at least there's room for improvement

Competition for places , if forber plays better than Doran or vice versa then man in form gets the shirt, personally for the long term of the club I'd like to see sammut with Phillips in the halves with lucock spelling matty. Sammut who is off the cuff could take callum under his wing and get into callums head that in the halves is the place to be with his talent.

As much as I wasn't a buffer fan, you can't just rule the fella out of the 17 now, he has pulled a few man of the match performances this season and again this was the lad who stood up last season to play centre when we had no one else!

Bit of kick up the butt for Doran buffer Callum and even Murphy because don't get me wrong a full back can slot in as a half back easily look at that little French guy haven have that's what he does from full back and looks good at it

All options havenhater, that's what numbers brings, competition hopefully brings the best out of our squad.We know that they are better than what they've shown, home games should be like Sheffield at home tight and tough for the away team not the walk in the parks fax and dev have had,now is the time to forget what's gone on before and come together and stay up and kick on from this year . Mark fryer in the star also says another short term deal hopefully to follow next week.

Competition for places , exactly right . Perform and you play ... We haven't been able to enforce that in to many positions. And signing a top player also should rub off on the others . He should have lots to pass on to our guys

Squad needed freshened up so fair play to bod for attempting to make it happen, 2 good gates against bulls and Leigh should help the coffers. I'm really hoping that sammut brings best out of fifita and even Horton then all of a sudden it's like 3 New signings. Now if we could just fix that bloody scoreboard! Ha upthetown!

How far off is Latu ? We hear about operations and all kinds of leg ailments ... Hopefully we get him out there firing soon , certainly for the 8's at least . Very interested in that snippet about another deal next week ... I wonder who that is ?

Yes big Alex , big prop would be very welcome to ( youd reckon Wigan would have one somewhere on DR?). I'd love to have the likes of Dec & Dave P on our wish list if we stay up next year .

Sensible thing would be a deal for szostak til end of season especially with Brett phillips out. Knows the club and the set up so should smoothly slot in.

Is it bad with Brett then ?

He's had a clean up op on his knee , was it not on troutys training review from Tuesday. If not I've read it in press somewhere.

back for haven I think.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Really ? I read that he had some trouble soldiering on with his knee cartilage but that's it . Well hopefully he gets right and back to the Brett we know . I don't think we've seen that recently , maybe now we know why.

Really ? I read that he had some trouble soldiering on with his knee cartilage but that's it . Well hopefully he gets right and back to the Brett we know . I don't think we've seen that recently , maybe now we know why.

I think Brett's op was for a piece of floating cartilage, keyhole surgery - nothing too serious, shouldn't be out for long.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Archived