Kingstone Press Championship: Dewsbury 24 London 12

coolie

Think for the London game some kinda promotion wants putting on to try encourage the floating supporters to attend
Or we'll be looking at 600 tops for the games,amount of folk on the way out were not coming again was staggering
Next game for me will be batley at home
As why should I throw good money at something that obviously is a waste

Could have got a lot more pleasure out of £30 today...

What did johnny rotten say in winterland

"ever get the feeling you've been cheated"

Did today ;)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think for the London game some kinda promotion wants putting on to try encourage the floating supporters to attend

Or we'll be looking at 600 tops for the games,amount of folk on the way out were not coming again was staggering

Next game for me will be batley at home

As why should I throw good money at something that obviously is a waste

Could have got a lot more pleasure out of £30 today...

What did johnny rotten say in winterland

"ever get the feeling you've been cheated"

Did today ;)

Are you going to get down to the stadium and help out then?

nick

the go fluff yourself you got to your face at the ground today applies on here too

don't want nothing to do with you ok

nothing

posts blocked !!!!

Don't worry the feeling is mutual.

I take that as a no to helping out at the stadium then?

• 3 weeks later...

I can't help but notice that we have a match this weekend and no-one seems to be that much interested in it. In my view this could be the pivotal game of the season determining where we might finish in this league and having a significant effect upon our final position after the eights, and consequently upon our income for next season.

Our win down at their place was one of our best results this year. However, since then they appear to have become much stronger and consistent and, in particular, just as good on the road as at home. In other words this will be a difficult test requiring our strongest team playing to their potential. I know that we will be up for this; we always seem to be against London. But will our best be good enough?

My view is:

Rams 26 - 16 London

Att: 775

MoM: L Adamson

FTS: Thackeray

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Looking forward to see if we can upset plans for a full time team,if they lose,chances of a top 4 will look slim.We win and it will keep momentum going into the last part of the season.

Pryce should be back at center with Grant back on the wing.

Rams 26-20 London,attendance 754.

As BSJ says

Season defining game this where we shall finish in the league before the split

Also extremely difficult to call as we don't know which 40 minute team were going to get

And as dewsbury never play 2 games the same I'll have to go for good first half,poor second half resulting in a 24-32 defeat

835 hardy souls and MOTM going to Mr grady

Defeat and it's 7th victory could make the last 3 interesting ;)

The way I'd work it for the last 3 games

Put the strongest team out against Whitehaven, if we win,put the second team out midweek vs leigh leaving a full strength team vs batley

If we lose at Whitehaven, rest what we can vs leigh leaving a strong squad for batley

Throw this into the mix now

If Leigh batter Bradford which is on the cards now..their midweek game vs us might be not as important as they play Doncaster on the following Sunday

So if the league is sewn up by then Rowley might start resting and rotating his squad in preparation for the 8's as they will have tough games

Twists and turns a plenty left yet ;)

As BSJ says

Season defining game this where we shall finish in the league before the split

Also extremely difficult to call as we don't know which 40 minute team were going to get

And as dewsbury never play 2 games the same I'll have to go for good first half,poor second half resulting in a 24-32 defeat

835 hardy souls and MOTM going to Mr grade

Defeat and it's 7th victory could make the last 3 interesting ;)

The way I'd work it for the last 3 games

Put the strongest team out against Whitehaven, if we win,put the second team out midweek vs leigh leaving a full strength team vs batley

If we lose at Whitehaven, rest what we can vs leigh leaving a strong squad for batley

Throw this into the mix now

If Leigh batter Bradford which is on the cards now..their midweek game vs us might be not as important as they play Doncaster on the following Sunday

So if the league is sewn up by then Rowley might start resting and rotating his squad in preparation for the 8's as they will have tough games

Twists and turns a plenty left yet ;)

835 hardy souls and MOTM going to Mr grade

Which one Lew or Michael. I had to answer that one! ;)

Unfortunately, it looks very likely that I will miss this most important encounter. It could go either way, but if we have the spirit of last Sunday then I would expect a home win, but it will need to be an eighty minutes of total commitment.

Dewsbury 27 - 20 London

FTS: Hale

MoM: Grady

Att: 788.

Yes, I think the attendance will be a let-down considering the importance.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

I know we are very capable of turning teams over, which we have not done consistently this season. We may have turned the corner. I think it will be a very close encounter.

Dewsbury 24 - 20 London

FTS: Luke Adamson

MoM: Thackeray

Att: 712

UTR

Dewsbury Rams head coach Glenn Morrison has named his 19-man squad ahead of Sunday’s clash with London Broncos at the Tetley’s Stadium (3.00pm).

Click here: http://www.dewsburyrams.co.uk/article/44079/morrison-names-squad-for-broncos

Squad starting to look strong again at the business end of the season.With Scott back in the squad where does this leave Grant ?

Not playing?? Maybe ;)

Shame. Not quite sure what he's done wrong. Had a second rower or crookes as his centre for most of the season and anyone would struggle given the service he's had. Not sure we will see Scott scoring a try like the one grant got at Blackpool. Was world class and am sure he has more in him given half a chance. Injured maybe?

Shame. Not quite sure what he's done wrong. Had a second rower or crookes as his centre for most of the season and anyone would struggle given the service he's had. Not sure we will see Scott scoring a try like the one grant got at Blackpool. Was world class and am sure he has more in him given half a chance. Injured maybe?

Bit of strength in depth and rotation of personal won't do us any harm at the business end of the season

One game at a time as lena martell sweet jesus ;)

Greg Scott is better than Grant when fully fit, played out of his skin before he was injured

Greg Scott is better than Grant when fully fit, played out of his skin before he was injured

I take it you're Scott's dad ? If he's not injured, I can only assume Grant must have expressed a desire to end his playing days in wales, or otherwise upset the coach - I can't think of any other obvious reason to drop the top try scorer among the wingers. No doubt Tom will provide me with one. :fie:

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

I take it you're Scott's dad ? If he's not injured, I can only assume Grant must have expressed a desire to end his playing days in wales, or otherwise upset the coach - I can't think of any other obvious reason to drop the top try scorer among the wingers. No doubt Tom will provide me with one. :fie:

Agree. Would be only one first choice for me and that would be dalton!

Like Dalton, runs strongly and very quick and real ability to score tries as shown at Blackpool. On the other hand his defence is not that strong. Only seen Greg Scott once this season but last season he was very good, better all round then Dalton.

Guess we have to trust GM, assume he's picking the team he thinks has the best chance of winning.

Like Dalton, runs strongly and very quick and real ability to score tries as shown at Blackpool. On the other hand his defence is not that strong. Only seen Greg Scott once this season but last season he was very good, better all round then Dalton.

Guess we have to trust GM, assume he's picking the team he thinks has the best chance of winning.

Maybe it's my memory, but Scott's major failing as far as I can remember, IS his defence, which is why he was used on the wing rather than in his natural position of centre. His major advantage is his size and strength, but he is not quick. I reckon his best position would be second row, but we seem to have them coming out of our ears. Can't help but think that Dalton has been made the scapegoat for the Halifax debacle (shades of James Craven), when the whole team were dreadful. Wouldn't be surprised if Dalton gets released, which would be a pity given that GM rated him as SL standard at the start of the season. 

i

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Short memories at times on here. We all used to berate Scott for his tendency to drift inside off his wing when defending leaving a huge gap for his opposing winger to go down. He can certainly tackle when head on but he has to get head on first. I do hope that he has fully recovered from a very nasty injury and comes back to prove that he is the real deal.

Grant had a poor game against Halifax as did many others so I don't think it is that one game that has changed things. Maybe GM thinks it is time to change a few things around for the sake of freshness if nothing else. I reckon Grant will be looking to move on next season, maybe a little further away than Batley.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived