Kingstone Press Championship: Dewsbury 24 London 12

coolie

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't like criticising referees as they have a difficult job to do but I thought that his performance today was relatively poor, and I have been impressed by him on previous occasions. I suspect the London players were complicit in Fieldhouse's sending off and when one of theirs did exactly the same thing in the second half and he simply gave a penalty (no on-report, no yellow card, no talking to) I was truly shocked. The forward pass for their final try was like astonishing - I can't wait to see if the video proves us all wrong on that one.

Personally I believe Glenn and the club should be allowed to ask the rfl to make the ref explain why one high tackle deserved the red yet others of seemingly equal severity didn't, without fear of a backlash from the governing body.

What made it worse is Fieldhoues' red seemed to be given after intervention of the visiting side as the official was not quick or imeditaly clear what what the penalty was for. Then not to even speak to London players for the same offence shows, (IMO) a lack of player welfare, which is part of their role

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/ image.png.96e4130d8b139666bf34e8fcdead30d9.png

Well if my motivational criticism works for the best results

Long may I continue ;)

We all know the team can.put performance's like this in

That's the frustrating bit

Consistency, and how to get it ;)

Well the fans that turn up every week do!

Looking at the Twitter feed it seems the Laaaandaaaan fans are less than happy about the treatment they received from stewards and Dewsbury fans. One cockney wag even describing Dewsbury as a one horse town with #donthavetolivethere

Can we organise a gymkana to appease our Shandy drinking cousins next season??

Can we organise a gymkana to appease our Shandy drinking cousins next season??

Finishing outside the top four and the revenue drop for next season I can't see a fulltime London outfit next season!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Finishing outside the top four and the revenue drop for next season I can't see a fulltime London outfit next season!

As it should be PM, but this would be such a smack in the face for the RFL, for what has been for many years one of their "out of the hart lands" developing clubs, they might consider helping them out......... Again!

Its a shame Fulham didn't seem to get the the help this London side has had over the SL era

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/ image.png.96e4130d8b139666bf34e8fcdead30d9.png

As it should be PM, but this would be such a smack in the face for the RFL, for what has been for many years one of their "out of the hart lands" developing clubs, they might consider helping them out......... Again!

Its a shame Fulham didn't seem to get the the help this London side has had over the SL era

How exactly did the RFL help out London muddyfunster?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

The referee was woeful, agreed but please don’t detract from your excellent performance. You schooled us. Full time yes, but seasoned no. We needed cool heads in the halves but Seymour and Thackeray gave the kids a lesson. We needed aggression in the pack, but the young fellas are big in stature but not in maturity and Jackson et al showed them how it’s done.

Can’t really comment on the sending off as I couldn’t see what happened, but Naiqama ‘high shot’, well we see them every week, and the result is the same, penalty. Not pretty, agreed, but correct decision. But  there were other points that need to be addressed 1) our second try, forward pass J. I nearly pi$$ed myself 2) Macani brought down, there appeared to be no ‘held’, got up and ran on line at his mercy, only to be penalised 3) high shot on Macani at full pace (reference Naiqama) 4) the carry on with Kear was comical, Rams player prevented him getting the ball to take quick tap and then proceeded to drive him back into the fencing  any wonder it ended in fisticuffs !!!

Ok, a bit one eyed and I am sure you could list more Rams issues, but it led to a compelling if not scrappy game and the crowd got right into it. Fortunately David Hughes continues to back the club and I am sure he would have preferred the extra £300k income from top 4, but the reality is he has bank rolled the club now for too long  and the fact we are already signing up players on two year deals, suggests we have a longer term plan (I hope !!!)

Refusing to turn out for the second team on Thursday won't have done him any good either Grumpy. Scott had a very good game today, better than most of the ones that Grant has put in recently.

Word on the terraces is that Dalton is off to Oz at the end of the season, so we might not see much more of him in a Rams shirt.

So tell me what Scott actually did that made his performance better than Grant's recent efforts ? As a Dalton fan, I paid particular attention to Scott's performance to see what I was maybe missing - and he didn't make a break, he didn't break a tackle, he didn't score a try, he didn't take a high ball, and he never got within a country mile of the London centre for his interception (I think DG would have). He actually didn't have to make many tackles, as London were pretty poor, but he didn't show up any better than the back rower on the other wing IMO - so I remain unconvinced. With regard to the team performance though, I thought it was real gutsy blood and thunder stuff from the lads, especially after we went a man down, and they thoroughly deserved the win. I'm not a big Dale Morton fan usually, but he had a brilliant game when he went to full back, and I can't believe he wasn't selected as MOM - although young Conroy ran him close. On Conroy - couldn't understand why we signed him at the time, but I'm beginning to think he might become the best hooker we have had since Chappy in his pomp - and that is praise indeed from me. Apart from his inconsistency with the carding of players, and his specsavers moment with the second London try, I didn't think the referee had such a bad game - obviously I'm being over generous. Well done the Rams - display Sundays grit and determination for the rest of the season, and who knows where we might end up.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

We all have our own opinions Grumpy, that's the power of forums. In my opinion, which is entirely subjective, Scott looked far more committed than DG has of late and was eager to take the ball up for the hard yards almost as often as Morton did. Maybe there have been things happening behind the scenes that have seen DG fall from favour, I don't know, but he clearly hasn't done himself any favours either so I reckon you need to get used to not seeing him in RA&B in the future.

I admit that I also had high hopes for his contribution when he first came but he has flattered to deceive (despite seeing precious little of the ball for many games) and, when given the opportunity, his pace hasn't been all that we had been told - defences in CC1 are clearly slower. I reckon that any one of the threequarters that London had playing on Sunday would have outpaced Grant, as they did Scott.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

. Maybe there have been things happening behind the scenes that have seen DG fall from favour, I don't know, but he clearly hasn't done himself any favours either so I reckon you need to get used to not seeing him in RA&B in the future.

I admit that I also had high hopes for his contribution when he first came but he has flattered to deceive (despite seeing precious little of the ball for many games) and, when given the opportunity, his pace hasn't been all that we had been told - defences in CC1 are clearly slower. I reckon that any one of the threequarters that London had playing on Sunday would have outpaced Grant, as they did Scott.

Cant disagree BSJ.  Dalton didnt have the pace we were lead to believe and that was a major disappointment. However I would have still put him ahead of Greg Scott had he carried on at his best and the try against the Cheaters at Blackpool showed his class..  However he did start to show signs of being cheesed as early as Doncaster away when he realised we couldnt pass the ball left and so his chances of getting the ball were limited to once a game.  We then got Seymour and I hoped things would pick up but GM decided he could either have a second rower or Crookes as his centre.  Given this I think most of us would get a bit hacked off and he didnt seem to play as well after that.  If he refused to play in the second team then it is indeed time to move on but I feel for him really.  He had far more to offer than we saw  and he may find things more to his likeing elsewhere.  if he does go I wish him luck and the team will lose two excellent new supporters in his Mum and Dad!!

A real good game not the flashist of games but top entertainment for a Sunday. Didn't get a good view of Fieldhouse s red card but those that did said it was a high grab. TJ on north side seemed to think he had seen something. The lads that were left never stopped , a fantastic team effort. London made alot of errors , I think the team and some of there fans are still in shock , not grasped how difficult this league is. Find it hard to believe they are full time. As for the ref , totally incompetent was the best I could say.

Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

We all have our own opinions Grumpy, that's the power of forums. In my opinion, which is entirely subjective, Scott looked far more committed than DG has of late and was eager to take the ball up for the hard yards almost as often as Morton did. Maybe there have been things happening behind the scenes that have seen DG fall from favour, I don't know, but he clearly hasn't done himself any favours either so I reckon you need to get used to not seeing him in RA&B in the future.

"defences in CC1 are clearly slower

Couple of questions here BSJ.

1. What division were Barrow in when DG ran in a couple of long range tries against us ?

2. Which wingers were on duty that day ?

"I reckon that any one of the threequarters that London had playing on Sunday would have outpaced Grant, as they did Scott".

" I think even I might have outpaced Scott and I'm an old man. ;)

I doubt we've seen anywhere near the best of DG - but without a decent inside centre, it's impossible to know how good he could have been - I understand that he was a junior sprinter though, so he can't have been slow. He was caught on a few occasions, but that can be to do with circumstances like slowing down to change direction, or being caught before hitting his stride ( I once remember Guy Coombe catching Martin Offiah when he played for Tony Fishers South Africa). Think we will have to agree to disagree on the relative merits of Grant and Scott BSJ, but if Grant has been frozen out at the club, it's a moot point anyway. Hope he doesn't come back to haunt us.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Great highlights.  Thanks

Few comments;

Fieldhouse's tackle.  Looked bad but no worse than many that just go for a penalty.  Not sure why he went that high mind. Could just have brought him down with a more conventional tackle.  Their nine played well actually and beat both Heppy and Pryce to make that break.  No mean feat.

The forward pass...LOL....if we had lost on that it would have been a disgrace.  It looked more like American football and any quarter back would have been proud of that one.  ref was right there too....

Pryce's pace was excellent for his two tries.  Hopefully we will have no more debate on his place...

"They sang loud, created a great atmosphere and backed the players. I'd like to thank them for their support throughout the week"

Dewsbury Rams Head Coach Glenn Morrison has thanked the Rams fans for playing their part on a memorable afternoon at the Tetley’s Stadium, as his side overcame London Broncos 24-12 despite having a man sent off an losing another to the sin-bin.

Tom

And, most importantly, nobody called him an Aussie #####

"They sang loud, created a great atmosphere and backed the players. I'd like to thank them for their support throughout the week"

Dewsbury Rams Head Coach Glenn Morrison has thanked the Rams fans for playing their part on a memorable afternoon at the Tetley’s Stadium, as his side overcame London Broncos 24-12 despite having a man sent off an losing another to the sin-bin.

It was the most singing I can remember at a HOME game for a long time.  Im pretty sure I even heard my day singing along.

You cant beat a sense of injustice to get the blood flowing.....

More of the same next home game v batley!! The southstand was rocking with basically every man woman and child singing come on dewsbury and oh when the rams!!!.. Wasn't too shabby a crowd 910 considering the away following of 30 or 40 fans.. It's singing and atmospheres like that on top of a decent team and match day experience that get more casual people to return.

Out of interest, anyone have this seasons crowd figures to hand per game and our current average crowd? BSJ or Tom may help here? Should be getting 2,000 for the next match v the dogs

League game average is 1441.

We'll be lucky to get that for the Batley game in my opinion - school holidays, declining interest amongst floating fans at this time of year, blazing sunshine (??).

Archived