Kingstone Press Championship: Featherstone 30 Dewsbury 32

thehullram

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've said before on this forum that GM is the best coach that we've had since Neil Kelly, and that isn't simply a reflection of the coaching budget as some might imply but evidenced by team performances and the desire of other players to come to the club and play for Glenn.

In days of yore fans tended to just shrug their shoulders, have another drag on their woodbine and shuffle off home, muttering. Somehow expectations seem much more acute and immediate nowadays.

(I blame summer rugby!)

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Well what a difference a few days makes. Guess he must have been a hero on Wednesday after his part timers won away midweek against full timers of Bradford ending their 17 match winning run on the hottest day of the year.

It's a fickle world for most coaches.

Rumour is on twitter

He showed them my post ;)

Just returned from a long weekend break, no wifi, no papers, so just found out we've won a match I deemed unwinable. Sounds as though GM's half time talk and your post combined to shake things up. ;) . I'm still in shock.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Generally speaking, the ones with a pint in their hand (including me) were getting behind their team.

Don't think this was a case of fans having too much ale and gobbing off.

I wasn't there, but I'm dismayed that supporter(s) descended to personal abuse against the coach. Would it have been the same person/persons who gave Karl P abuse earlier on in the season ? 

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

I wasn't there, but I'm dismayed that supporter(s) descended to personal abuse against the coach. Would it have been the same person/persons who gave Karl P abuse earlier on in the season ?

I think that the comments were aimed at KP as at about that time he had knocked on and, in another incident, failed to ground the ball dead, from which they scored. The comments were later aimed at the coach. Strange though, that during that first period we had penned the Rovers more or less on their line for about three sets.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Archived