2016 wish list and rumour mill

andyram

Thought I would put down the names who have signed on for 2016 as far as I know,please feel free to put on any names I may have missed:
Luke Adamson
Toby Adamson
Jason Crookes
James Glover
Zach Johnson
Anthony Thackeray
Ryan Wright
Sam Wood

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good job we've secured Crookes before anyone else comes sniffing around.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Good job we've secured Crookes before anyone else comes sniffing around.

Below the belt BSJ. :O  Seriously though - Crookes is an enigma. I've seen him put in some good displays for the Vikings and the Eagles, when he looked strong and quick. Since he joined us though, he looks like a player who can't walk past a pie shop, never mind run round a full back. Should be consigned to the reserves until he starts to look like a rugby player, and not a guest off the Jeremy Kyle show.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Maybe mates are exempt from training??

I DON'T want to watch GM's best friends playing.

please do not just pick your mates

Rudderless ship with a team filled with mate's 

Took me back to the jowett days of mates ambling around the field

Who are Glenn's "mates"? Every one of the 17 on duty on Sunday was signed by him.

Is it that he picks his "mates" or is it that you just don't agree with his team selection?

Tom

Tom

As you well know dewsbury fans had to endure 2 former coaches who picked teams on "their mates"

I don't have to name these 2 coaches because fans will know

Supporters jump to the "mates scenario" when they feel better more inform players are not playing,and players who look unfit,lackluster,injured do

Its not just sprung up as a new weapon to attack morrison with...if so I'm sure Featherstone fans would be their coach with it too

I ain't seen a A team match..but the reports I hear about our young players gives me great air of optimisium because they are the team of the future..but

I can see where fans are getting disillusioned with what they see

Hungry young bucks chomping at the bit to get their break

While the stags seem to be going through the motions without passion

The 17 that's picked should be the best team available.. And I think supporters think it's not

Sunday you couldn't pull out a captain,you couldn't pull out a leader,it was a team of individuals who to be fair are far better than their performance's of late,theres some experienced lads out there on the park

Not doing what's expected

And I think that's the fans gripe if honest tom

It's a observation that's all

The passion is missing

Whether that's to do with players signing to play "for Glenn" or to play for the rams

I wanna see 17 lads towing their boll-cks off for the shirt...not just to please a coach

It's about the team not the individual

And unfortunately at time individuals is what we're a team of

Tom

As you well know dewsbury fans had to endure 2 former coaches who picked teams on "their mates"

I don't have to name these 2 coaches because fans will know

Supporters jump to the "mates scenario" when they feel better more inform players are not playing,and players who look unfit,lackluster,injured do

Its not just sprung up as a new weapon to attack morrison with...if so I'm sure Featherstone fans would be their coach with it too

I ain't seen a A team match..but the reports I hear about our young players gives me great air of optimisium because they are the team of the future..but

I can see where fans are getting disillusioned with what they see

Hungry young bucks chomping at the bit to get their break

While the stags seem to be going through the motions without passion

The 17 that's picked should be the best team available.. And I think supporters think it's not

Sunday you couldn't pull out a captain,you couldn't pull out a leader,it was a team of individuals who to be fair are far better than their performance's of late,theres some experienced lads out there on the park

Not doing what's expected

And I think that's the fans gripe if honest tom

It's a observation that's all

The passion is missing

Whether that's to do with players signing to play "for Glenn" or to play for the rams

I wanna see 17 lads towing their boll-cks off for the shirt...not just to please a coach

It's about the team not the individual

And unfortunately at time individuals is what we're a team of

I understand what you're saying and I am sure that there are at least a couple of players currently drinking in the last chance saloon in terms of their prospects for 2016.

And by that same token there are lads playing for us in the Reserves Championship who will undoubtedly capitalise on opportunities that come their way.

I don't think our coach will ever pick all of the players that all of the fans feel should be playing - that's probably impossible - but I have faith that he will pick who he feels are the best players available.

There are players who weren't in the squad on Sunday who I'd have picked and there are changes that I'd make for the match against Featherstone.

Undoubtedly I'll disagree with him on a couple of selections - we all probably will - but I don't understand why we always have to attach conspiracy theories to instances where fans don't agree with the coach.

I don't know which two coaches or players you refer to. Can you tell me who they were? I'd be interested to know why some supporters jump to "the mates scenario"...

Tom

Conspiracy theories are more fun. Agree there's one or two players I wouldn't pick, but it's a case of who is available, how they are training and whilst there's a lot of potential in the Reserves, you could only promote one or two, like Delany and Glover. There's a massive difference in standards.

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I'd make a topic about the situation with our wingers.

At the start of the season, with Grant and Morton being our first choice, I was happy with that and thought that wouldn't be an area that would be discussed as much as it has this season.

Morton has improved so much and this isn't just because of his performance on Sunday. His tackling and finishing at the line is great and it's nice knowing when needed he can do us a job at full back.

But not sure what's going on on the other side. Grant hasn't lived upto the hype - wasn't he some kind of player of the year last season at Barrow? That form hasn't come to us, and I'll be surprised if he is retained next season.

On a previous post someone said Scott isn't a winger. I totally agree. Nice size, but not the pace we need and personally don't think he's the answer. And Crookes is (complete the sentence)

Would like to know who you'd like to see here for next season, wonder if Ryan Hall fancies it?

No but on a serious note Id like to see Wayne Reittie.

Not sure if he's signed for them next season and if not think he is a realistic option. He's had a good season in a bad team and can sniff a try out and takes the ball up with some avengence, which we all like to see.

What's our thoughts?

Maybe we should go for the likes of;

JONNY CAMPBELL (Batley Bulldogs)

WILL SHARP (Featherstone)

PAUL WHITE (Keighley Cougars)

ANDY GABRIEL (Keighley Cougars)

CALEB ADETONA (London Scholars)

MOSESE PANGAI (Townsville Blackhawks)

JAMAL CHISHOLM (York)

JAMES CLARE (York)

Thought I'd make a topic about the situation with our wingers.

At the start of the season, with Grant and Morton being our first choice, I was happy with that and thought that wouldn't be an area that would be discussed as much as it has this season.

Morton has improved so much and this isn't just because of his performance on Sunday. His tackling and finishing at the line is great and it's nice knowing when needed he can do us a job at full back.

But not sure what's going on on the other side. Grant hasn't lived upto the hype - wasn't he some kind of player of the year last season at Barrow? That form hasn't come to us, and I'll be surprised if he is retained next season.

On a previous post someone said Scott isn't a winger. I totally agree. Nice size, but not the pace we need and personally don't think he's the answer. And Crookes is (complete the sentence)

Would like to know who you'd like to see here for next season, wonder if Ryan Hall fancies it?

No but on a serious note Id like to see Wayne Reittie.

Not sure if he's signed for them next season and if not think he is a realistic option. He's had a good season in a bad team and can sniff a try out and takes the ball up with some avengence, which we all like to see.

What's our thoughts?

Find it hard to comment to be honest. It looks like dalton is likely to go. If he can be replaced by someone with real pace that would be good because that is something we lack at the moment. Too many half breaks not converted. If we don't get anyone faster it will be a waste because apart from pace I reckon dalton will be hard to replace. If he had had Grady as his centre all season I think we would have seen something completely different from him.

I still think Grant could be a success given better service and I do detect a bit of an attitude about him which may be hampering his progress. I would like to see him knuckle down, play in the reserves if necessary, get his form back and show us what he can do on a consistent basis.

I agree with the fact we might of seen a different player if he had Grady all season, but perhaps the counter argument to that is he should be able to play with a variety of centres and still do well?

I wanted him to be good but he just wasn't.

As for replacements, I'd love Johnny Campbell, but really don't think he'd come - I've heard he's going Fev. But that was before Hay got the boot.

Maybe we should go for the likes of;

JONNY CAMPBELL (Batley Bulldogs)

WILL SHARP (Featherstone)

PAUL WHITE (Keighley Cougars)

ANDY GABRIEL (Keighley Cougars)

CALEB ADETONA (London Scholars)

MOSESE PANGAI (Townsville Blackhawks)

JAMAL CHISHOLM (York)

JAMES CLARE (York)

Some names in there I can't even pronounce no mind knowing them.

But I wouldn't take Paul White. Can't tackle - perhaps we shouldn't be looking in League One and maybe spend some ££ on a proven winger.

Also James Clare belongs to Cas. And wouldn't drop down to part time yet.

I know that wingers have that touch of glamour about them, with the potential for blistering pace and evasion but, in my boring take on the "team dynamic", defensive qualities are equally important. A number of wingers cited are notable for their clangers in defence and would be ruled out in my opinion. Just to ask for a bit of analysis rather than emotion how often does pace, or the lack of it, actually affect the outcome of any of our games.

Wingmen are the cherries on the icing on the cake. Get the basic mixture right and they are potentially irrelevant.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

I know that wingers have that touch of glamour about them, with the potential for blistering pace and evasion but, in my boring take on the "team dynamic", defensive qualities are equally important. A number of wingers cited are notable for their clangers in defence and would be ruled out in my opinion. Just to ask for a bit of analysis rather than emotion how often does pace, or the lack of it, actually affect the outcome of any of our games.

Wingmen are the cherries on the icing on the cake. Get the basic mixture right and they are potentially irrelevant.

Stop being so dull BSJ, its not like you..

We ALL love a good fast exciting winger.  Dennis Bailey, Eddie Rombo.  Could they tackle?  I have no idea!  Did I care?  Not a jot!

I want wingers to be entertaining...Tackling is for forwards and we always have plenty of them on the park including at least one in the centre so lets have an exciting winger please....

I want wingers to be

Not overweight

Able to tackle

Fast as feck

Added bonus would be to have a body like Kate Upton or Kelly Brook

I know the first 3 don't usually fit the criteria of what we usually get

So if possible if we can work a little harder on the last 2...

I'd be happy ;)

I want wingers to be

Not overweight

Able to tackle

Fast as feck

Agree with you there, often you see wingers and possibly the full back, with exception of Matt Bowen the barrel, are the fittest players on the pitch and should be like a work horse.

Anyways now this whole topic has been merged to 2016 recruitment, here's a list of names I don't think we'd miss in 2016. Criticise freely, I'm sure you will.

Hyde, Grant, Crookes (I know he's signed for two years), Aizue, Wildie, Spicer (I know many won't be happy with that), Scott and Hemingway.

Think Fieldhouse has had a bad time with injury, so I'd retain him but get someone into replace Hyde to provide competition.

Think they'll be some wholesale changes, and feel Muranka will leave in search of some first team games.

Archived