27-28 Jun: The Kingstone Press Championship Match Thread

Discuss all this weekend's Kingstone Press Championship games here.

SATURDAY 27th JUNE

Halifax v London Broncos KO 6pm at Cougar Park, Keighley

SUNDAY 28th JUNE

Bradford Bulls v Batley Bulldogs KO 3pm
Doncaster v Whitehaven KO 3pm at Doncaster Knights RFC, Castle Park
Hunslet Hawks v Featherstone Rovers KO 3pm
Sheffield Eagles v Workington Town KO 5.15pm at Doncaster Knights RFC, Castle Park  

Massive game at Fax this week with the losers dropping vital points. Both teams playing well, should be a cracker. I think Fax will just edge this one. If London win I think they are big favourites for 4th (or 3rd when Leigh get docked points :tongue: )

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

Because if you play at a ground shared with football you'll be the ones vacating while the grass is repaired. Hence Wigan not having a home game for a while.

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

Fax shifted the game not only to another venue but another date. Knackered a few people's plans. Broncos have put transport on as a result, which should ensure the loud and loyal are there. My head suggests otherwise but Broncos to complete the double on Fax. As you say it should be a cracker.

The winners of the London v Fax will compete with Fev for 4th spot.

The game should be a cracker and from what little highlights I've gleaned from down here over the season and based on 75% heart and 25% Head, I fancy London by 10! COYB!

I know wigan always have pitch problems in the soccer off season and are 2nd class citizens at that stadium despite the soccer club being Third division. I didn't know Halifax and DOncaster were in the same boat. Hull and Huddersfield don't seem to have the same problams pitchwise.

Discuss all this weekend's Kingstone Press Championship games here.SATURDAY 27th JUNE

Halifax v London Broncos KO 6pm at Cougar Park, KeighleySUNDAY 28th JUNE

Bradford Bulls v Batley Bulldogs KO 3pm

Doncaster v Whitehaven KO 3pm at Doncaster Knights RFC, Castle Park

Hunslet Hawks v Featherstone Rovers KO 3pm

Sheffield Eagles v Workington Town KO 5.15pm at Doncaster Knights RFC, Castle Park

Fax by 12

Bulls by 28

Haven by 16

Fev by 26

Eagles by 40

I know wigan always have pitch problems in the soccer off season and are 2nd class citizens at that stadium despite the soccer club being Third division. I didn't know Halifax and DOncaster were in the same boat. Hull and Huddersfield don't seem to have the same problams pitchwise.

Apparently the pitch was meant to be ready for this one but the council said the growing process has been slowed down by colder than average overnight temperatures.

Leigh , apparently the best grass 

Everything about Leigh is the best.

Certainly when it comes to condescending attitude and statements.

They seem to have forgotten that in this Yorkshire conspiracy it was a referee from Lancashire that sent off the youngest,slightest built player with an exemplary discipline record in the 3rd minute and then near the end of a 13v12 game another player,a centre,with a good discipline record for a tired,late challenge.

Nice of Leigh to have close collaboration with match officials .

Against 12 men for 76 minutes they only managed to have Hock sin-binned -    "I thought we were outstanding and I thought our discipline was outstanding.

"I thought Sheffield probably got over pumped for it, and it showed.

"Sadly for them they couldn't control it. We did and the referee didn't. I thought he had a very poor performance.

"I've had the game looked over by one of the top officials in our game, and they were dumbfounded as well.

"We are led to believe through referees that the pathway and education of the Championship referees isn't what it should be.

"I'm not sure who the blame lies with but I feel sorry for the Championship referees because they are being put out there to get shot at but they are not getting educated."

Rowley added: "I told officials four weeks ago about a crocodile roll on Jamie Acton – they weren't aware what one of those even was."

"But, now Leeds' Danny McGuire has been done by Marc Sneyd, the world knows, but it wasn't even on their radar."

I take Sheffield Eagles for a home win and less cards shown to the Eagles players than there are shown at the HJ Stadium this afternoon.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

Fax 46-22 London. Great win for Part time Fax over Full Time London Broncos.Thought we might win by a couple but not by 24. By all accounts Fax unlucky not to score a couple more tries, as completely dominated London for much of the game. Fax have a top coach in Richard Marshall, who has slowly been making Fax a good team to watch as well as winning. Fax now looking good for 4th though things could quickly change! Fax now the in form team in the Championship for me and have put 40 points or more past their rivals Fev, Dewsbury and now London in the last 4 games. 

Fax 46-22 London. Great win for Part time Fax over Full Time London Broncos.Thought we might win by a couple but not by 24. By all accounts Fax unlucky not to score a couple more tries, as completely dominated London for much of the game. Fax have a top coach in Richard Marshall, who has slowly been making Fax a good team to watch as well as winning. Fax now looking good for 4th though things could quickly change! Fax now the in form team in the Championship for me and have put 40 points or more past their rivals Fev, Dewsbury and now London in the last 4 games.

Massive coup for Fax is Richard Marshall, can't see it being long till a SL side comes calling unfortunately. Massive win tonight and look in great nick heading into the back end of the season. Gotta give some credit to Karl Harrison too. As bad a coach as he was, it's some pack he assembled before he left.

They seem to have forgotten that in this Yorkshire conspiracy it was a referee from Lancashire that sent off the youngest,slightest built player with an exemplary discipline record in the 3rd minute and then near the end of a 13v12 game another player,a centre,with a good discipline record for a tired,late challenge.

Against 12 men for 76 minutes they only managed to have Hock sin-binned -    "I thought we were outstanding and I thought our discipline was outstanding.

"Sadly for them they couldn't control it. We did and the referee didn't. I thought he had a very poor performance.

"I've had the game looked over by one of the top officials in our game, and they were dumbfounded as well.

"We are led to believe through referees that the pathway and education of the Championship referees isn't what it should be.

"I'm not sure who the blame lies with but I feel sorry for the Championship referees because they are being put out there to get shot at but they are not getting educated."

Rowley added: "I told officials four weeks ago about a crocodile roll on Jamie Acton – they weren't aware what one of those even was."

"But, now Leeds' Danny McGuire has been done by Marc Sneyd, the world knows, but it wasn't even on their radar."

I take Sheffield Eagles for a home win and less cards shown to the Eagles players than there are shown at the HJ Stadium this afternoon.

Oh dear , you really are digging deeper and deeper holes for yourself aren't you

Last sentence, wrong again, and to your utter dismay it was not a Leigh player, no intimidation from Wire unlike your lot last week.

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

Is it only 15 miles from Fax to Keighley. Can't believe Fax fans were moaning about it and most appeared not to bother attending. Broncos were never at the races and I question their focus on this game despite scoring first. Immediately fail to control kick off and Fax score, dejavu in the second half. Fax played well, created space and good offloads, but Broncos do struggle against the rounder prop. No complaints as if individuals are making mistakes and people are falling off tackles your not going to win. And yes without some sterling defence in patches it could Haverton worse. Very positve 20 or so minutes for Broncis but in an 80 minute game it isn't enough.

Archived