Tunisia.

Don't blame her. I went there 2 years ago and it was fine but obviously there was something brewing. It's also hard luck on the people who will now do god knows what for a living as there won't be many tourists.

Terrible goings on in France and Kuwait too.

I read its somewhere in region of 15% of GDP that's tourism.  If that stops you have big trouble.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

I went to Tunisia 15 years ago.  To Hammamet, not far from Sousse.  We went on a trip to various places including the remains of Carthage and Tunis.  But the event that sticks in my mind is a visit to a beauty spot called Sidi Bu Sayeed (?)  There was a lovely view from the top of the hill, it was a very steep hill and a very hot day.  As we walked back down a guy accosted us and said "come and have a cool beer in my cafe"  In we went, "two beers please"  "no beer here, this is a Muslim country."  I swore then I'd never visit another Muslim country.  

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

And a mosque bombing in Kuwait.  A bad day all round.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

I went to Tunisia 15 years ago. To Hammamet, not far from Sousse. We went on a trip to various places including the remains of Carthage and Tunis. But the event that sticks in my mind is a visit to a beauty spot called Sidi Bu Sayeed (?) There was a lovely view from the top of the hill, it was a very steep hill and a very hot day. As we walked back down a guy accosted us and said "come and have a cool beer in my cafe" In we went, "two beers please" "no beer here, this is a Muslim country." I swore then I'd never visit another Muslim country.

slightly amusing beer story on a terror thread. Nice

Horrific. RIP.

Having grown up in the troubles in Northern Ireland (with t1t for tat killings with innocent Catholics and Protestants murdered by the two sides) I have no time for religion. Brainwashed from birth, it only serves to make folk backward and susceptible to do such crazy acts. All religions are bad, but Islam in particular is a notch worse than the others. Praying four times a day, can't drink alcohol, eat pork or gamble. Enslave women. It's a menace to civilisation.

Horrific. RIP.

Having grown up in the troubles in Northern Ireland (with t1t for tat killings with innocent Catholics and Protestants murdered by the two sides) I have no time for religion. Brainwashed from birth, it only serves to make folk backward and susceptible to do such crazy acts. All religions are bad, but Islam in particular is a notch worse than the others. Praying four times a day, can't drink alcohol, eat pork or gamble. Enslave women. It's a menace to civilisation.

I'm no fan of religions but picking 1 out and distorting it is not only dishonest but dangerous. The religion of Islam isn't the problem it's the people who distort Islam with their own interpretation of it. you can't compare all Muslims with radical Islamists and you can't compare the role of Islam in government with the likes of Saudi Arabia and the Taliban to say Indonesia that has had a woman president.

I'd be very interested to know if any fallout from Libya has anything to do with this horrific terrorist attack in Tunisia. Libya is now crawling with radical Islamists and weapons of the al Qaeda and Isis stripe following the otherthrowing of gaddafi by the US and NATO.

slightly amusing beer story on a terror thread. Nice

It wasn't meant to be amusing, but an illustration of attitudes in Tunisia

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Why? What if it happens to be true? Pretending something isn't as it is is pretty dangerous too.

Or maybe there's another religion causing so much trouble in the world somewhere that we never hear about.

A historical equivalent would have been not getting involved in WW2. The argument could have been made that most Germans weren't Nazis therefore let's argue that we shouldn't do anything as it would be unfair.

IMO the Taliban, Al Quaeda, and Muslim State are Fascist organisations just like the Nazis, so yes we should be doing something about them.

Clement Attlee.

Why? What if it happens to be true? Pretending something isn't as it is is pretty dangerous too.

Or maybe there's another religion causing so much trouble in the world somewhere that we never hear about.

A historical equivalent would have been not getting involved in WW2. The argument could have been made that most Germans weren't Nazis therefore let's argue that we shouldn't do anything as it would be unfair.

George bush and tony Blair claim to be "Christians" but they lied to their respected nations and killed and maimed over 1 million people in Iraq, should we equate all Christians or for that matter all Brits and Americans with them?

IMO the Taliban, Al Quaeda, and Muslim State are Fascist organisations just like the Nazis, so yes we should be doing something about them.

Couldn't agree more. How about we start with not arming, funding, training and logistically supporting them directly or indirectly.

Couldn't agree more. How about we start with not arming, funding, training and logistically supporting them directly or indirectly.

That's the point of course.  The whole thing started IMO with the US arming and training the anti Soviet guerillas in Afghanistan in the eighties. Al Quaeda and the Taliban grew out of these fighters,

Clement Attlee.

That's the point of course.  The whole thing started IMO with the US arming and training the anti Soviet guerillas in Afghanistan in the eighties. Al Quaeda and the Taliban grew out of these fighters,

Exactly but the cowards and scoundrels who implemented these policies and continue to do so today will never admit this.

George bush and tony Blair claim to be "Christians" but they lied to their respected nations and killed and maimed over 1 million people in Iraq, should we equate all Christians or for that matter all Brits and Americans with them?

did they do that in the name of 'God'? Or religion at all?

Some acts are done in the name if religion, others arent.

I'm no fan of religions but picking 1 out and distorting it is not only dishonest but dangerous. The religion of Islam isn't the problem it's the people who distort Islam with their own interpretation of it. you can't compare all Muslims with radical Islamists and you can't compare the role of Islam in government with the likes of Saudi Arabia and the Taliban to say Indonesia that has had a woman president.

I am of the opinion that Islam is the problem as its very much a Faith based on intolerance and not integrating. The problem is for me is that Islam has a large growing number of people, who are very violent and are happy to do what they want in the name of Islam. Not all Islamic followers are like this and its wrong to say all Muslims are Terrorists. But I am growing in fear of Islam and its growing number of terrorists who are prepared to shoot and kill innocent Men, women, Children in day light not just in Arabic lands like Tunisia, Kuwait, Philippines etc but are prepared to commit such acts in France, UK, Germany etc. Why are hate preachers still accepted in the Muslim Community and allowed to preach hate in Mosques? I feel the Muslim Community needs to do far more than it has done so far. With the amount of Refugees flooding in to Europe and strong evidence that a number of Terrorists are in this group things are not going to get better and such attacks are increasing. Just a year or two ago we would never have thought this could happen. Now its getting a regular event and all in the name of Islam. Call me right wing or whatever but I have a growing fear regarding Islam and the ever growing number of attacks from people who are Muslims. 

Why would you? I aren't saying every Muslim is responsible only that there is clearly a problem and denying it won't help.

So what was it before Iraq? What was the reason Islamists hated us then?

You're missing the point entirely, Islamists have always hated "us" and always will but the question that needs to be asked is why is their movement becoming more popular with Muslims? The answer is obvious in that western policy towards the Muslim world be it the Iraq war or the sanctions that killed 1 million Iraqis a decade before or the injustice and suffering of the Palestinians is driving thousands of Muslims into the arms of these evil maniacs.

did they do that in the name of 'God'? Or religion at all?

Some acts are done in the name if religion, others arent.

We'll of course george bush and tony Blair said "god told them to invade Iraq."

Don't forget, no innocent people died in Iraq before then.

That's a classic example of a non sequitur.

Is that period of time you are talking about when saddam was our best friend and ally?

No, I aren't missing any point whatsoever. There's so many holes and inconsistencies in the whole Palestinianian argument its hard to know where to begin.

It's amazing though that people can excuse people being driven to follow fascism depending on the circumstances. Hey, people were paying for bread with cash in a wheelbarrow in Germany at one point - no wonder they got a bit radical.

Please give me the inconsistencies of the whole Palestinian argument?

Also I'm not excusing the people who join the Islamic fundamentalists, I'm just telling you why more and more are doing so. Surely it's in our best interests to take heed of this if we want to defeat these barbarians or maybe some people don't wont to.

The Mosque bombing shows that it isn't even as simple as Islam v non Muslims

These maniacs hate and want to kill everybody that doesn't follow their brand of Islam. The majority of people killed by these insane barbarians are Muslims.

Archived