Leigh on Sunday

unicorn106

What do we make of this game ? damage limitation again I'm afraid. We should be resting every player who isn't 100 % fit and hope that Wigan come up trumps in the next 4 games.

As long as we nail Greg McNally on numerous occasions then it's worth a watch. Leigh to be low from Saturday, town with nothing to lose.

Town 22 Leigh 20.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

As long as we nail Greg McNally on numerous occasions then it's worth a watch. Leigh to be low from Saturday, town with nothing to lose.

Town 22 Leigh 20.

:tongue: UP THE TOWN

Be 50... Hopefully get a good attendance

Leigh have only two buses coming going by their forum.   Leigh will be out for a good win with Bradford losing last night to Fev.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

Rumour as it a muzzle is being sort for Mr Acton as we speak...hoping for an injury free afternoon and a town win well we can hope eh..

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

I think Acton's suspended isn't he?   Didn't he get 2 matches recently?

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

2 Poor teams so it could go either way. I think the fixture list has been very kind to Town as Leigh had a really hard game in the cup last week and this will have taken a lot out of them. Leigh's attacking flair will also be nullified by the postage stamp sized paddy field that they'll have to play on. Obviously they've got some hot-headed players and I think the ref could crack down on this at the weekend and favour the home side with a card or two going Leigh's way. Towns knack of scoring lucky tries will also swing things in their favour a great deal. So with everything going in favour of Town I can only see this going one way and I'll say

Town 10 Leigh 36

2 Poor teams so it could go either way. I think the fixture list has been very kind to Town as Leigh had a really hard game in the cup last week and this will have taken a lot out of them. Leigh's attacking flair will also be nullified by the postage stamp sized paddy field that they'll have to play on. Obviously they've got some hot-headed players and I think the ref could crack down on this at the weekend and favour the home side with a card or two going Leigh's way. Towns knack of scoring lucky tries will also swing things in their favour a great deal. So with everything going in favour of Town I can only see this going one way and I'll say

Town 10 Leigh 36

Lol. I can't see it as close as that squire!

I think we’ll make a fair fist of this match though a win is probably asking too much but the intensity of this last month or so will have improved our game somewhat and when we get back to playing the teams around us again I think we’ll be the better for it.

After watching Wigan last night I couldn't help notice a similarity in the way they and us play.   They have two very quick lads on the wings in Burgess and Manfredi and the ball hardly ever gets to them.    Most times their play stops dead when it gets to Tompkins or Farrell.    The wingers are only seen when they are bringing the ball out of defence or chasing a kick.

Town 10 Leigh recre2,I think enoughs,enough.You obviously do not take polite warnings so i have no option to remove you from the workington town forum.MODERATOR:

After watching Wigan last night I couldn't help notice a similarity in the way they and us play.   They have two very quick lads on the wings in Burgess and Manfredi and the ball hardly ever gets to them.    Most times their play stops dead when it gets to Tompkins or Farrell.    The wingers are only seen when they are bringing the ball out of defence or chasing a kick.

Keith,what did stevo say about wigans pattern of play.I agree with him fullstop,we play exactly the same pattern and look where it has gotten us,he asked why they do not change it,i ask why do we not change our pattern of play also,i would like to revert back to the forwards game where at least you then have a guy like sammut getting the ball in his hands a lot more often than he does playing the wigan way.

Archived