The Ashes 2015

Australia declared at 566/8, and Lyth lost his wicket on the second ball of the England innings. :ireful:

This alleged pudding of a pitch suddenly seems a bit more lively, now England are batting.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This alleged pudding of a pitch suddenly seems a bit more lively, now England are batting.

As I was saying... :( 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

We'll probably have to follow on, and hope that 1.the rain predicted for Sunday arrives and 2.England are still in the match by then.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Argh!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

And, as usual, the Australians win at Lords - the home of Cricket... defeats.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

It would be nice to have 2 sides in a test of cricket instead of it being a test of who wins the toss!

I think this test would have gone to the Aussies either way though.  A dead pitch that the Aussie batsmen treated like a nets session while the English batsmen were cowering at Mitchell Johnson's pace (even from his fielding!)

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

What a day.  England humiliated, Fev missing top four. Thank god I haven't got a dog! :(

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

I predicted 3-1 with hope that the 1 wouldn't be a dead rubber win. The hope of Cardiff is now shattered, but that's been England's MO since last year.

Surely someone has to pay a price or do we give them a last chance?

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

I predicted 3-1 with hope that the 1 wouldn't be a dead rubber win. The hope of Cardiff is now shattered, but that's been England's MO since last year.

Surely someone has to pay a price or do we give them a last chance?

Should be time to go for Lyth,Bell and Ballance even Butler aint scoring

But knowing England they'll all get 1 more chance and then the Ashes are basically gone

Well, a small rain break aside, this morning is looking promising. Australia 72 for 3, with the returning Finn taking two wickets, including Smith's.

Incidentally, this is the first time in over a decade that England have not played a single Southern African-born player.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Australia now 86 for 6! B) 

Ralph Waldo Emerson

99 for 7 now!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

119 for 9. I repeat, one hundred and nineteen for nine! B)

Ralph Waldo Emerson

136 all out.

Now let's see what the Aussie pace attack can do with these conditions.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Lords was set up to negate the Aussie pace attack, and England's batsmen blew it badly, while our bowlers toiled to little effect.

This is more like a proper English wicket, and while we skittled the Aussies, they have a chance to do the same to us.

It's a more even contest between bat and ball, and should deliver a better match.

Lords need to bite the bullet and make some changes to their pitches, as they have delivered the low point of several series now. I'd like to see the Oval head more in the direction of a pacier surface, too. It used to be a quick track.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived