The Ashes 2015

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7 for 11 from Broad is obscene.

Four maidens too, from his eight overs, and only one boundary scored off him.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Be sure to watch Ben Stokes' miracle catch on the highlights tonight!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Australia all out for 60.

Broad with 8 for 15.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Australia all out for 60.

Broad with 8 for 15.

And a full two overs under the previous minimum number of balls to bowl a team out in one test innings, 18.3 vs 22.3

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Enjoyed that.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

@rameshsrivats
04W24W0W04100000W40000110W020000401000W000000000101000011W0011200010040040000W1W30000000000000400000000000001004W: Aus innings in one tweet.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

(via TMS)

England take the lead after 18.3 overs of their innings.

They dismissed Australia in 18.3 overs.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Joe Root, on his own, is leading Australia by 8 runs.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

England started the first day bowling, and Root already has a century. That can't be something that happens often!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

A day to remember for a very long time.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Reg Grundy! Slim Dusty! Errol Flynn! Molly Meldrum! The Dingo Baby! Dame Nellie Melba! Ita Buttrose! Bozo Fulton! Phar Lap! Saint Mary MacKillop! Banjo Paterson! Rupert Murdoch (except for tax purposes)!

Rupert Murdoch (except for tax purposes), can you hear me? Your boys took one hell of a beating!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wow, what a day!  Fantastic bowling display, and then for Cook, Root and Bairstow to really drive it home in the afternoon and evening was more than could be asked for.  I'm off to see the ODI at Old Trafford, I hope the Aussies put up more of a fight then otherwise we'll only see 37 overs!  

Want to feel like a professional sportsman?

Walk to the middle of a large field, stand there for 1 minute and then walk back to the edge of the field.

You'll feel like an international Aussie cricketer!

As Dicky Bird said to Alan Lamb when asked to mind Lamb's mobile phone, as he took guard against the West Indies "tha'll not be 'ere long enough"

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Apparently, the BBC iPlayer couldn't handle the demand yesterday morning.

And, due to the Tube strike, a lot of Londoners got to enjoy that first session, who might not have done otherwise.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived