The Ashes 2015

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With regard to the Lord's pitch, it was reported but not widely that the ground staff were legged up by the poor weather and low seasonal temperatures prior to the test. It ended up with a situation where losing the toss was decisive...

Australia's morning that. Two utter snorters from Johnson. Lead will be nearer 100 than 200.

100 lead now, but with Root gone, I don't know how much the tail will add.

But in this match, who knows what will happen next?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Bairstow's not up to it at the top level. I wonder what Taylor has done to avoid being picked?

I'd have preferred a 200 lead so they'll have to bowl well again.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Aussies scoring quickly. 50-1 now so less than 100 behind.  Rapid fire Test cricket ...

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Aussies scoring quickly. 50-1 now so less than 100 behind.  Rapid fire Test cricket ...

Doesn't look like those who bought tickets for the weekend days will get to see much cricket!

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Bad news about Jimmy. He could be the difference at Trent Bridge and if we go there 2-1 up we could actually wrap it up before The Oval.

Delighted for Steven Finn - we need someone with a bit of pace and bounce and he's done well to come back from where he was 18 months ago. Picking him for the one day team has been a great move by the selectors.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

The Aussie tail have done sterling work, and given England a win target of 121.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Look on the bright side - they had two whole overs before lunch and Lyth survived both of them...  :ph34r:

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived