10 Jul: St Helens v Huddersfield Giants KO 8pm (TV)

Who will win?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Draw
    • Huddersfield Giants

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After last week's performance my Saints supporting mate reckoned that Saints are now "done" for the season and he sees no way back. I'm not so sure, but they looked to be in a pretty desperate place last week. This may be a make or break fixture for them. Maybe too big a hole to climb out of for Saints; Giants to win.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

After last week's performance my Saints supporting mate reckoned that Saints are now "done" for the season and he sees no way back. I'm not so sure, but they looked to be in a pretty desperate place last week. This may be a make or break fixture for them. Maybe too big a hole to climb out of for Saints; Giants to win.

Gott a disagree with your mate, I think there will be a massive response from Saints to last weeks performance.

I dont think its going to be pretty with lots of free flowing rugby but more a real hard battle, particularly in the forwards. I can also see Danny Brough being heavily targetted & wound up to try and knock him off his game unlike last week where he appeared to be left free to dictate everything.

I reckon Saints by 8pts.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

We have a good record against Huddersfield over the last 18 months or so. If I remember rightly then we went into our home game with them last year expecting to lose having played badly the week before but we beat them convincingly. We seem to be struggling with inconsistency again this year.   

It'll be tough because they're a very good side but we have a point to prove after the shambles we served up last week. I'll go for us to win by 10-16 points.

Saints were somewhat worse than ordinary last week, on the basis that they can't be that bad again I'll go for a home win by a couple of scores.

Mind you, they're up against a half back partnership with a full compliment of legs this week so it may be closer than I thought.

Saints 26 Giants 22.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

It's difficult to say how Saints will go on Friday.  Wilkin is out with a leg injury so he won't be there to try digging us out of a hole should we find ourselves in one.  Cunningham has gone on the offensive in the press telling the players to 'look after' Walsh better as Leeds clearly targeted him, coming back from a serious injury as he is attempting to do.  On top of his scathing criticism of the 'senior players' (bar Wilkin) directly after the match on Friday plus reports of a tough video session and hard work in training it may be that they have all be suitably chastised and will get back to where they were pre the Castleford game, namely working hard for each other in attack and defence.  Or it may be that we have caved in and that's the end of our season.  Time will tell.

Hudds have been on a roll but it could be said that they are now due a loss or maybe they will go full steam ahead for the remainder of the season.  Either way they aren't easy beats, except maybe in the play offs.  I am quite sure they will be up for this match as top four is within their sights.  I expect a tough old tussle and I have no idea which team will get the win.

I'm sitting on the fence!

Giants have yet to hit top gear and yet to play for the full 80

I think home advantage will tell for a Saints win but it could go either way

Key i think is our centres - and how well they defend

Hudds haven't been fluent despite winning a few games recently.Saints must be big favourites for this with home advantage and their behemoth props.

Give over will you?

I had to look that up.

I think this game all comes to down to how Brough plays. If he plays well I think Giants win easily, if Saints get to him and he loses his rag, Saints win a close game.

Thunderstorms look like they may be joining us for this one.  If so, assuming Saints have learned how to hold on to the ball since last week, that could play in our favour as our behemoths will prefer a slower paced game.

Last time we played Saints were very very lucky to win fwiw

I seem to remember you were rather unhappy with the manner in which we did :D

I reckon the Giant slayer Luke Walsh will return to form tonight and down them once again. Even the likes of Jack and the BFG aren't as good at beating giants as Mr Walsh is. 

Gott a disagree with your mate, I think there will be a massive response from Saints to last weeks performance.

I dont think its going to be pretty with lots of free flowing rugby but more a real hard battle, particularly in the forwards. I can also see Danny Brough being heavily targetted & wound up to try and knock him off his game unlike last week where he appeared to be left free to dictate everything.

I reckon Saints by 8pts.

That wasn't my assessment but that of my Saints supporting mate. That said they may well miss Wilkin, he's the only player to show any real spirit in the last couple of games. If the Giants manage a couple of early scores I think that Saints will struggle. If they in turn manage an early lead I can see their confidence retuning. Hopefully it will be a good game.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Jeez, Hudds should have been 6 to the good there, Saints defence melted away.

Archived