Charlie Runciman

rich coming from a castleford fan

????

We have many home grown players in the squad and a steady flow constantly coming through so dont really understand that comment.

I seem to offended you by putting widnes 4th in my predictions for middle 8 on another thread, would you like me to alter it? I could probably move you upto 3rd at a push.

COME ON THE CORN

CLASSY CAS 4EVA

Go Go Go York City Knights!

Yet another overseas player VW, not having a go at you, but this is what the lower SL clubs have to do to try to compete when there just isn't the local talent and where there is they can't get them or keep them.

Salford no different as they signed centre Moon. If Runciman goes really well with Widnes then I wonder where he'll go next? Sad state of affairs......

Why's it a sad state of affairs? It's the nature of business/sport and it's up to the other clubs to improve to reach to top. Just look at any other sport - Premier League, Union, cricket, it's no different The academy is key and Widnes know that- it's no surprise that the top clubs have the better academies. Then they need to develop their commercial base and revenue streams.

Looking at Widnes squad they have, it seems, the usual kind of mix. Some who have come in from nearby areas, e.g. Wigan, St Helens SL etc, some from local amateur in those areas (e.g. Thatto Heath etc).  Some of those, such as Paddy Flynn, have been with Widnes for some time. Added to this signings from elsewhere, and some overseas, plus these clapped-out near-retirees like Runciman.  

Added to those are a smattering of local lads, e.g. Jack Owens, Tom Gilmore, Danny Craven, Matt Whitley etc.  Would of course be nice to see more but they seem to be coming through, and hope to see more next year.  And until Widnes is proclaimed centre of the known universe (predicted by Nostradamus to be around 2021) its probably likely to stay a small-ish place population-wise, albeit with closer links to Liverpool.

As long as Widnes don't have to rely on all those Welsh RU signings like in the 1990s.  Dreadfully embarassing business that.  Meant all those people in Wales got to know about rugby league.

charly runciman played for NSW under 20s last season hardly clapped out and close to retirement

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

????

We have many home grown players in the squad and a steady flow constantly coming through so dont really understand that comment.

I seem to offended you by putting widnes 4th in my predictions for middle 8 on another thread, would you like me to alter it? I could probably move you upto 3rd at a push.

we also have a steady stream of home grown players coming through, and more to come next season

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

Archived