2016 Recruitment

Nick07

Its been hard to say any are good enough when 99% of our players that have left over the last 3 or 4 players have gone down the league rather than up it hence proving us right.

so Halifax do not have a record of improving players.......its the players death knell and everyone goes down hill from there.....

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interested in BlueOx's statement that those who have left Halifax haven't been good enough to stay and have gone downward. Is the reason then that we've struggled this last 2 seasons because most of those who have left Batley have gone the other way? Walmsley, Walton, Johnson, Griffin, Brown all stepped up to SL for a spell at least, then there was the mass exodus to Fev for those who thought it was a step up (league position says it is/was), regardless of the fact that only one of that happy band remains there? Does Blue Ox think that us taking Paterson was a step down? Not picking a fight, serious question, and does he think that they were right to loan Brown back whilst Potts stayed? Is Greenwood injured at Fax at the moment or is he just not getting in?

Interested in BlueOx's statement that those who have left Halifax haven't been good enough to stay and have gone downward. Is the reason then that we've struggled this last 2 seasons because most of those who have left Batley have gone the other way? Walmsley, Walton, Johnson, Griffin, Brown all stepped up to SL for a spell at least, then there was the mass exodus to Fev for those who thought it was a step up (league position says it is/was), regardless of the fact that only one of that happy band remains there? Does Blue Ox think that us taking Paterson was a step down? Not picking a fight, serious question, and does he think that they were right to loan Brown back whilst Potts stayed? Is Greenwood injured at Fax at the moment or is he just not getting in?

Of course you taking Patterson was a step down, he didnt get offered a contract at Fax and no team higher than Fax offered him one. A great servant for Fax for a number of years but was past his best. Potts has been very good this season, I wont lie I didnt rate him last couple of seasons but he has been fantastic this year, Brown on the other hand had to go, he wont be at Fax next year.

Not picking a fight Blues Ox wonder why you rate Potts above Brown? Agree Potts more versatile but Brown's a bullock when bearing down on you and he can wipe out a defendet which Potts would never do, much a liked having him. Your assertion that Paterson took a step down-he left Fax to move to a team which had just come 7 points shy of winning a grand final, where, as yet, Fax haven't been.

Not picking a fight Blues Ox wonder why you rate Potts above Brown? Agree Potts more versatile but Brown's a bullock when bearing down on you and he can wipe out a defendet which Potts would never do, much a liked having him. Your assertion that Paterson took a step down-he left Fax to move to a team which had just come 7 points shy of winning a grand final, where, as yet, Fax haven't been.

Patto won both the Grand Final and NRC Final at Fax didnt he? He probably has at least 1 if not 2 losing final medals as well.

On Potts, I cant even remember him making a mistake this season, I can remember about 4 in one game by Brown down at London. I thought Brown looked ok with ball in hand but it was getting the ball to stay in his hands, the press release picture that was put out for his move to Batley said it all, him dropping the ball. In defence he is a total liability.

I read Grimshaw didn't play for the Huns today. We'd be missing a trick if we didn't at least talk to this guy about next season. Anyone got his number?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

I read Grimshaw didn't play for the Huns today. We'd be missing a trick if we didn't at least talk to this guy about next season. Anyone got his number?

perhaps you need to PM whoever does our recruiting.......or get KN to have a word with JK.......

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

Very glad to have Rowe and James Brown on board for next season. Both were excellent once again today. Said this before, but Brown is one of the most naturally gifted forwards I've seen at our club. His physical strength is unbelievable.

r02c.gif

Toffee are you on a different planet Hey and Thackrey have hardly played what do you base your

opinion on.I would hang on to Thackrey for his size but Hey looks woefully short at this level.

Brad Hey is a player that is improving week on week, and is shaping up to be the real deal. When he was moving from Cas, Michael Shenton the Cas captain spoke very highly of him.

You mean day as hey is at york . I cant understand why kear dosnt give brown more minutes on the pitch. Fustrates me as when he moves to loose foward we look dangerous no disrespect to chandler that boy is a tackling machine but no creativity .

You mean day as hey is at york . I cant understand why kear dosnt give brown more minutes on the pitch. Fustrates me as when he moves to loose foward we look dangerous no disrespect to chandler that boy is a tackling machine but no creativity .

granted brownies a great player and loads a get upngo and as a massive  workload for the dogs,but chandlers one hell of a workhorse too and pops some handy balls up now and again,very strong in the tackles for his size too same as brownie. were shaping up to be a very handy side for the 8s and 2016.. :bb:

just a reminder of players at club on 2 year deals , who will be with us in 2016

http://www.batleybulldogs.co.uk/index.php/2-uncategorised/1042-more-player-news

craven for 2yrs, realy, sorry nice kid but why? When we could of gave jc a 2yr deal instead, and rettie,& j brown, & a rowe, yes we have signed them now,but we could of easily lost them, like we probably have JC.

craven for 2yrs, realy, sorry nice kid but why? When we could of gave jc a 2yr deal instead, and rettie,& j brown, & a rowe, yes we have signed them now,but we could of easily lost them, like we probably have JC.

Craven signed the 2 year contract when you signed him from Keighley, I was talking to James on Sunday he gave me the impression that he wouldn't be at Batley next season!!

Problem being that if Craven isn't here and Campbell goes we lose a FB so the Hardman rumours could have substance. Many fans though are less worried at the moment about player recruitment and more interested in the coaching position. Are players re-signing for the club, for the chairman or coach? If the coach is sitting in on negotiations then does this mean that he expects to still be in post? Regardless of winning 3 of the last 4 fans still want a change of ideas, tactics and new faces in some positions. The fact that, apart from those already on 2 year contracts, the same faces are re-signing may be a double edged sword.

Preece and jc have been the only reliable full backs of late. Even linners with his ball bounce allowance managed good returns.

I get craven is a confidence player and suffered with injuries but Dewsbury obviously knew best

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Problem being that if Craven isn't here and Campbell goes we lose a FB so the Hardman rumours could have substance. Many fans though are less worried at the moment about player recruitment and more interested in the coaching position. Are players re-signing for the club, for the chairman or coach? If the coach is sitting in on negotiations then does this mean that he expects to still be in post? Regardless of winning 3 of the last 4 fans still want a change of ideas, tactics and new faces in some positions. The fact that, apart from those already on 2 year contracts, the same faces are re-signing may be a double edged sword.

Ainscough used to play fullback, could gel him back into that position, strong lad and good runner too, imo of course

Think Ainsy is wasted at fb unless we have 2 top flight centres. I know in 2014 he had a blinder against us at The Mount at fb but I still think he's best at centre. I'm concerned that we are going down the same road of re-signings who haven't done the business, that's 2 years on the trot.

Think Ainsy is wasted at fb unless we have 2 top flight centres. I know in 2014 he had a blinder against us at The Mount at fb but I still think he's best at centre. I'm concerned that we are going down the same road of re-signings who haven't done the business, that's 2 years on the trot.

I don't think we could be accused of doing that. Just having a quick look at the squad against Halifax at home last season, only 11 players remain from then. That means we had quite an overhaul of players from last seasons squad. A common complaint on here is quite the opposite, that we do not retain our better players from one season to the next.

Personally, l am delighted to see players signing on for more than one season at a time as it gives more stability to the squad from one season to the next.

Archived