2016 Recruitment

Nick07

In Brown and Chandler we have two of the best, he'd have to be good to displace these two? I'd still like to see Alex Brown with us next season and a Big strong tough centre

Fax are trying to negotiate a release of Brown with Batley.

Spencer is a solid all rounder and much better than Chandler and possibly Brown. Im sorry but he probably should do a bit better than Batley.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spencer is a solid all rounder and much better than Chandler and possibly Brown. Im sorry but he probably should do a bit better than Batley.

Good to see that after a couple of good performances the big club syndrome has resurfaced among the fax faithful.

After much thought on this, l think your comparison to Chandler may or may not be valid, but is wide of the mark as far as Brown is concerned. Brown is a long way from being a solid all-rounder, and l would go as far to say is an exceptional footballer with many assets, particularly good hands, quick feet, good strength and most importantly, an outstanding rugby brain. Just because he plays for Batley (or any team other than Halifax for that matter) does not mean that he is a complete carthorse.

Good luck with that - hes going nowhere.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

After much thought on this, l think your comparison to Chandler may or may not be valid, but is wide of the mark as far as Brown is concerned. Brown is a long way from being a solid all-rounder, and l would go as far to say is an exceptional footballer with many assets, particularly good hands, quick feet, good strength and most importantly, an outstanding rugby brain. Just because he plays for Batley (or any team other than Halifax for that matter) does not mean that he is a complete carthorse.

Yeah sorry didnt mean Brown was poor, I think he is better than Chandler and Spencer is better than Chandler and maybe Brown. I do not think Brown would play much if he were at Fax but then again neither did Spencer. He never let us down though and wouldnt be surprised to see him end up at Sheffield or maybe Dewsbury.

Someone had suggested that you are signing Sammut.

Anything in this rumour?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Someone had suggested that you are signing Sammut.

Anything in this rumour?

No! Try sammut else to get our attention BSJ

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

No! Try sammut else to get our attention BSJ

Got the info from ColinB - he knows you know!

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

You didn't BSJ. Oh you are a wag.Sammut is way above our pay structure,that's including BISSA input. My post on YOUR forum was serious as discussions were at an advanced stage when posted,trust me

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

Sammut could surely do a job in super league.  Why is he messing around playing for teams at the bottom of the champ?  Can't really see it being for megabucks so why wouldn't we be in a position to at least consider him.  Imagine him in our team last year, we could've turned 10 defeats into victories easily and how much extra income would that have been?  upwards of 500k?  So potentially he could've earned us ten times more than he cost.

Sammut could surely do a job in super league. Why is he messing around playing for teams at the bottom of the champ? Can't really see it being for megabucks so why wouldn't we be in a position to at least consider him. Imagine him in our team last year, we could've turned 10 defeats into victories easily and how much extra income would that have been? upwards of 500k? So potentially he could've earned us ten times more than he cost.

Spot on Linners. Speculate to accumulate. FredM has been saying it all season.

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

Anybody can say "speculate to accumulate" as long as it is not with their money!

So we commit to spend £50k on one player in the hope we get £500k if get in top 4. That player gets injured or we lose a game marginally & miss out so no £500k & £50k to find that we havent got. What happens then?

If you speculate £50k to buy a machine that you know will make you £500k that is good business but in sport it is called "gambling".

Will you and Fred put in £5k along with 8 others including me to spend £50k on one player and if get in top4 you get £6k back (20% profit) but if dont you have lost your money?

Or if not who should take risk of £50k loss when Club already does not break even?

I am not saying anybody should do this unless we can get 10 people who are happy to lose £5k.

If not then we will continue to try to run Club as a viable business and not gamble.

What's up with 100 people at £50??

You know very well most batley fans don't have 5000 they could just put there hands on

Are you looking for some kind of elite??

Would be like bill Gates coming to you and saying "Kev mi old spadge,how about you throw in some loose change,let's say 25 million and we'll buy the best 17 in the NRL"

Yeah if you had 25 million you'd do it

And I'm sure if batley fans had 5000 loose change they would do it

I admire what you've done for batley over the years

But Damn you come across as condescending sometimes towards the folk who do what they can for there team

No criticism, just an honest observation

I don't know the exact figures per league position but I'm assuming losing one game marginally meaning you finish one spot lower would still be a fair bit more than what we have achieved this year.  I understand raising the initial capitol to take the risk is the difficult part but then you could build bonuses into the players contract which may also solve the issue of if they get injured.

What I have been saying is that 2 years ago, when the new financial figures were agreed for league placings, that a better recruitment effort should have been made to try and ensure a higher league finishing place rather than the relegation battle we found ourselves in. By achieving a higher position we would have had a larger budget for the season just gone which, hopefully, would have seen a higher finishing position again and therefore more income for next season. The initial figure IMO need not have probably been anywhere near the figure being mentioned now. Unfortunately the chance was missed and we find ourselves playing catchup and will probably be doing so for a few years with the present financial set up unless the clubs themselves even the distribution out.

At no time have I ever said that £50k should be spent on a player.

Archived