Warrington Confirm Interest In Sandow

IMO those comments suggest that Sandow may not be their number one option. I've always felt Tony Smith has preferred the more organisational half back rather than the "off-the-cuff" type player which Sandow is. However, I'm not sure their are many other alternative NRL half backs available.

IMO those comments suggest that Sandow may not be their number one option. I've always felt Tony Smith has preferred the more organisational half back rather than the "off-the-cuff" type player which Sandow is. However, I'm not sure their are many other alternative NRL half backs available.

Don't forget they already have Gidley who will have an organising role whether he plays stand off or loose.

Eels have confirmed Sandow is free to leave as of now.

......as long as he doesn't get paid. He's still under contract till the end of October. Unless you've got a source more recent than 24 hours ago. As it stands, Parra still owe him another £70K (roughly) for this year unless he voluntarily resigns and forgoes the rest of his contract.

Also, they can't release him and pay him out because of their existing salary cap problems. The NRL may not let them bring up a replacement from outside their top 25 contracted players if they still have Sandow on their books.

Either way, after his teammates snubbed him in the sheds following Friday night's game and his subsequent antisocial media outburst, I think he's burned any bridges he may have had in NRL. He'll have to turn up somewhere in SL next year.

......as long as he doesn't get paid. He's still under contract till the end of October. Unless you've got a source more recent than 24 hours ago. As it stands, Parra still owe him another £70K (roughly) for this year unless he voluntarily resigns and forgoes the rest of his contract.

Also, they can't release him and pay him out because of their existing salary cap problems. The NRL may not let them bring up a replacement from outside their top 25 contracted players if they still have Sandow on their books.

Either way, after his teammates snubbed him in the sheds following Friday night's game and his subsequent antisocial media outburst, I think he's burned any bridges he may have had in NRL. He'll have to turn up somewhere in SL next year.

Thanks for that,got the first part of a text but the second part never arrived to confirm the same as  your post

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

This seems to be the latest:  http://www.1eyedeel.com/forum/topics/nrl-ask-eels-to-investigate-chris-sandow-s-foul-mouthed-social?xg_source=activity

If Parra have grounds to tear up his contract he may leave immediately but I'm not sure the process would be finished - legal advice, NRL consent, etc - in time for the SL deadline.

SL clubs should steer clear of Sandow. Once every few weeks, he puts in a performance that reminds you of the player he really could be if he applied himself. For the rest of time, he is busy kicking it out on the full, knocking on, sending out forward passes and trying the type of shoulder charge tackle that has been banned for a while now. The way he played against the Bulldogs this week was a disgrace and he really shouldn't play first grade for Parramatta again this season. 

Good half backs at a premium in the NRL at the moment, which is why the ones off contract are attracting a lot of attention and getting good deals for next year - Cherry-Evans, Foran, Hodkinson. If Sandow was any good, he would be wanted by other NRL clubs. The fact that he's not should tell SL clubs all they need to know. Seriously, Warrington would do better investing the money in developing young British talent for the position. It might not pay immediate rewards but it would be better than wasting money on a prima donna like Sandow. 

Rumours of Mr Chase also potentially been at Salford next year, surely it would be chase or Sandown as oppose to both?

been at Warrington you mean?

Id heard chase has been kept out of the team for 3wks now to stop him been able to earn his big match appearance bonus but if Warrington were to sign him it would take a big fee

COME ON THE CORN

CLASSY CAS 4EVA

Go Go Go York City Knights!

been at Warrington you mean?

Id heard chase has been kept out of the team for 3wks now to stop him been able to earn his big match appearance bonus but if Warrington were to sign him it would take a big fee

I did!

If true they would have to pay the bonus sometime unless of course they don't intend him to play again.

Let's hope that if he does join Wire he leaves any negative aspects firmly behind him in Australia. This is his chance to become one of the biggest and best names in SL. It's all down to him, he has the skills and ability but these are worthless without the right attitude.

Well, that should liven things up. I would discount his performance last week, in the light of the uncertainty around the move. I do not watch much NRL, and can't recall his ever having made an impression on me, but given that Dobson has shone in SL, I would have thought Sandow could do the same. Great for the competition to have a fired up Wire in the 8s (potential Wembley distractions aside of course).

Confirmed as joining Warrington with imediate effect.

Except even when his visa comes through and his registration is signed off by the RFL he will still have to miss the next 2 matches due to the ban he picked up in his last game for the Eels

Not the best of starts for him in SL !

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

Why? It gives him potentialy 2 to 3 weeks training time to get to know his team mates instead of getting chucked in the deep end, with lots of expectations.

he hasn't picked up a ban in his first game here, it's only a bad start, if you're trying to put a negative slant on it.

As if Toppy would do such a thing. Scandalous slur on his character.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Wont his two match ban start this weekend and be completed next weekend?

Players only serve bans when they're attached to a club I think, at the moment he's technically unattached. The ban could potentially kick in once his visa is sorted

Archived