Ha ha Haven!

ChunkyOnion

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

both teams need to stay up another season and somehow try to push on for the good of west cumbria rugby league and if both teams do then they are both to be congratulated as this is a outpost that gets very little help and in a very uneven league 

I'd expect Sammut to be in SL

maybe not he couldn't get a game for the worst team in SL and it's not as if any of the others where after him not even the full time teams in our league where interested so could well be a town player next season

:) :)  Whatever happens with Sammut (or Farkas) it just shows how a good half-back combo can get this Town team motoring. We were never that far off!

Ok, so I think our fixtures in the 8s are :-

Home - Haven, Batley, Doncaster, Fev

Away - Dewsbury, London, Hunslet

that should be at least 4 wins there. Haven,Batley and Donny and Hawks away. Would have loved London up here instead of fev.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Today was huge , and who would have thought that three teams at the bottom end would all win away ? Really clipped the Hawks wings ... As I'm sure some lazy headline writer will trot out ... Or Hawks brought down to earth

Another reason this result is huge - we can look at recruitment now and attract potential players . At least sammut knows we are at a good level and he is a main reason for it . Enjoying it , being loved and being a main man in a happy successful set up etc are all things to factor in beyond money . Players come here and like it . We can tentatively look at others now

maybe not he couldn't get a game for the worst team in SL and it's not as if any of the others where after him not even the full time teams in our league where interested so could well be a town player next season

Depends what his aspirations and expectations are I suspect. He's absolutely a SL player, playing below his standard. Also his SL salary of £90k a season won't be paid outside of SL.

So pay cut and be a stand out player in the championship or hope his stint here gets him a new SL contract.

Unless he ends up back in Australia.

are you stupid T4M, your win today helps us big time, puts 4 points between us and hunslet and we play hunslet at home in the 8'S and not away

Anal asking someone if they're stupid!? Seen it all now, best laugh since Towns 4th win of the season against the corkickle globetrotters.

True David but they are virtually guaranteed the semis. So it wouldn't surprise me if they gift a few more 2 pointers out and win the shield. That's the kind of rollercoaster these players have put us on this season lol.

I think your being very presumptuous to think you'll win the shield Gaz. Doesn't say much for Fev if they've a "couldn't careless attitude"pal. And you won't win out with that.

Good old H4E/BKM trying to take the positives out of finishing 10th...... maybe a couple of easier home games,, but also means tougher away games.

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

Good old H4E/BKM trying to take the positives out of finishing 10th...... maybe a couple of easier home games,, but also means tougher away games.

well the fickle lot strike again. That gifted freebie off fev has clouded their judgement and they are now world beaters again that can win all of their remaining games.the game at DP will be a battle but if they had tonked us four times this season and we were going to the rec I would be keeping quiet.

Archived