Ha ha Haven!

ChunkyOnion

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes let's help them just like they helped us when we had to use our fitness conditioner and unfit players on the bench......oh hang on they just laughed at us didn't they..

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Well this probably where the signed up local squad will show it's worth to us Townies, whether our squad has been managed correctly is a tough one as we absolutly have to stay up and PV makes thé call and has to deal with the fallout. If we had sammut all year them young lads would have come in to a functional team with a leader and gone from strength to strength, look where Brett and callum are now, vital players who have proved that given the opportunity that these boys can do it. Granted they had an easier grounding as this was a tough league to make the step into for Forrester ritson etc.

Well this probably where the signed up local squad will show it's worth to us Townies, whether our squad has been managed correctly is a tough one as we absolutly have to stay up and PV makes thé call and has to deal with the fallout. If we had sammut all year them young lads would have come in to a functional team with a leader and gone from strength to strength, look where Brett and callum are now, vital players who have proved that given the opportunity that these boys can do it. Granted they had an easier grounding as this was a tough league to make the step into for Forrester ritson etc.

both are  better fullbacks than joufrett and their last fullback lepori and scholey would be the best prop at haven by far and they have no one better than duerden

both are  better fullbacks than joufrett and their last fullback lepori and scholey would be the best prop at haven by far and they have no one better than duerden

It does seem as if the young lads could have been getting more game time than they have been.   That said, what is it that PV sees in them that others don't when it comes to deciding if they should be in the team?     Do they have defensive faults that we don't notice for instance?   He is a very good coach and I can't believe for one minute that he picks his teams on favourites so what is it he sees that we are not seeing?

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

I think we'd say Forrester has been the unlucky one if any . He did little or nothing wrong , which was something for a lad plunged right into this environment . We need to be keeping him above all , as he is a viable long term fullback for us and has obvious class . Young tee is a sprinter but needs some bulk , and I'm sure the offseason will see Chris Murphy and Phil working on that . He is a player to nurture and no mistake . I'd worry a bit more about the Barra lads , you couldn't blame them for pursuing other options closer to home . Phil sees training though and he sees a lot more aspects of a player and his character than we do , so I'll go with him . He is all about results now , for right or wrong, and without our league status little else matters looking forward . If we survive then the ends justify the means and we can build on firmer foundations . This off season will be very interesting . Again the league will move on and we must move with it . We can't be starting poorly and playing catch up late on again . I think we are due a much bigger turn over of players , and hopefully we are ready to hit the ground running for once

Duerdons never had a chance. When he's played, he's played well. In attack and defence. I can think of other players who've let the team down time and again, and yet they keep their place in the side.

It would be a shame to lose the potential and quality, but I could understand a player wanting to play.

I fully understand why this years signings havent featured much , its a strong league and relegation was always looming and the risk would be too great and the full back roll was never going to be in doubt they do have time lets hope both club and players give each other it , i was just commenting on the post of haven fans suggesting to loan some , by the squad they have you can see why some might wish it ..

My post wasn't meant as a criticism of yours Anonymouse, in fact I am like others who cannot understand why Duerden, Forrester, etc haven't had more game time. Only PV could answer that one. It's a pity they couldn't have got game time at Barrow.

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

My post wasn't meant as a criticism of yours Anonymouse, in fact I am like others who cannot understand why Duerden, Forrester, etc haven't had more game time. Only PV could answer that one. It's a pity they couldn't have got game time at Barrow.

It's ok we can DR with Haven when they're in champ1 next year.

Crack at work today is that haven are after an amateur called matt henson , plays for egremont , well thought off aparentley. Maybe a short term whilst coyle out.....

bringing amatuers in at this stage is risky or maybe they have no choice as it sounds a bit grim all of a sudden for our neighbours. I wouldn't want to tempt fate for ourselves as we have seen there has been a big swing in fortunes in West cumbria recently but unless they pull some players out of the hat soon they could be in trouble.

Of the players from Widnes who qualify to play for Haven if allowed Hulme is out injured,  not sure about Gore but some say he is out with injury, they have Johnny Walker but he's out on loan at London,and Rhodri Lloyd who will be at Town if he is going anywhere.   That leaves possibilities as Joseph, Chamberlain, and Ted Chapelhow.   Unless they get a few from Widnes this weekend who have played twice for them then they will definitely be struggling.

Of the players from Widnes who qualify to play for Haven if allowed Hulme is out injured, not sure about Gore but some say he is out with injury, they have Johnny Walker but he's out on loan at London,and Rhodri Lloyd who will be at Town if he is going anywhere. That leaves possibilities as Joseph, Chamberlain, and Ted Chapelhow. Unless they get a few from Widnes this weekend who have played twice for them then they will definitely be struggling.

i would be very suprised if they got Joseph again this season.

I think they could loan players as long as they were signed up before the deadline on Friday but they would only get players that the parent club doesn't need or want and I believe the loan could only be for 28 days.

Archived