eaton must go

LENIN

Its a win win situation for Barry if Hunslet remarkably stay up then he gets everyone's praises and stays in his job if the possible happens and Hunslet go down then Barry leaves and gets a promotion as McDermott's assistant still on full time money win win.

chappy

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you put it like that Suzzy , your right.

Let's hope it's the former rather than the latter , as don't fancy watching Champ 1 again.

Even though it's better than the last time we was in it.

Come on Steve your having a laugh about Barnett .......

Barnett    app...17  tries 4......

Agoro      app...5    tries 3......

Even Sam Doherty at Donny who are bottom of the league , app....15   tries 5.....

He'd struggle to get into a good amateur side...........

The wingers get the stick but surely its the centres who should provide the quality passes ? The only games weve won this season is when Keinhorst has been at centre, bar keino how many tries have the centres scored ?

The wingers get the stick but surely its the centres who should provide the quality passes ? The only games weve won this season is when Keinhorst has been at centre, bar keino how many tries have the centres scored ?

Then thats what this topics about Steve , "Eaton must go" , bad coaching , people say these players ar'nt up to it , but they've proved that they can match the top teams in some of the games this season , Hunslet have an attacking half back like Grimmer who can open defences up and whats the coach do , puts a ball and chain on him , i can't believe that an half back like Barry Eaton coaches teams to play this way , for all the hi-tech training facilities that Hunslet are getting by going up Kirkstall ar'nt working , and i bet if Roy Sampson had this squad we'd be playing better rugby...........

I got the impression that Grimmer was allowed to play with a bit more freedom when he came onto the pitch at Batley. My dearest wish for Sunday is that he is given a similar remit ... with some threequarters who are able to take advantage of it ...

Lets hope Aston Wilson is at centre on sunday, Grimmer at stand off and Castle at prop, this is virtually last chance saloon.A 2nd marker between Watson and the defence as well would come in handy to counteract Sammat,s short kicks over the top.My team would be, Watson,Barnett,Wilson, Maun, Ogoro,Grimmer, Brown, Yates, Lee,Haley, Walters,Mulhern, Mackay subs Gee, Backhouse,Flanagan, Houston . Kain is out injured I presume.

Lets hope Aston Wilson is at centre on sunday, Grimmer at stand off and Castle at prop, this is virtually last chance saloon.A 2nd marker between Watson and the defence as well would come in handy to counteract Sammat,s short kicks over the top.My team would be, Watson,Barnett,Wilson, Maun, Ogoro,Grimmer, Brown, Yates, Lee,Haley, Walters,Mulhern, Mackay subs Gee, Backhouse,Flanagan, Houston . Kain is out injured I presume.

Make that Castle in at 10 and Haley on the bench for Houston !

How many of your team are DR players King?    Workington have no DR players this week just the youngster Jamie Doran who has been on loan with us all season so that should make Mr Eaton very happy this week.   Eaton mentioned us having Thornley for a month but he was just with us to get game time before he signed for Salford it seems, he certainly didn't outshine our own players.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

Our dilemma is what do we do about the Leeds connection.

Even with DR we are struggling in this division so do we ditch Eaton and the 

Rhinos and then stay in Division 1? With our crowds that's probably where we

belong but no Hunslet fan wants to play season after season in that division.

Whatever we think Leeds obviously rate Eaton and we are stuck with him as

long as we are 'in bed' with the Rhinos. I think that we need DR to even compete

at the bottom end of the Championship even though I wish it wasn't the case.

Regarding the rest of the season I think that people are being a bit negative as

I don't think the teams around us are that great. You would think we were in

the same position as Doncaster and although we are in a 'hole' there is along

way to go. According to some fans we may as well pack it in now and be happy

to finish above Doncaster. 

I don't know what happened with Eaton's wife but presumably she was upset 

about comments made by fans? I am sure that we would all want our partners

to defend us in similar circumstances and as Pudsey rightly says 'not classy'.

The simple fact is, weve used DR and look where its got us. Second bottom at the end of the season.....

Obviously working then?

F T Q

Celtic FC - SPL winners 2012/13

Im a different league and against lesser teams....

Yet it still worked,maybe it's the recruitment policy that hasn't worked,having a considerably smaller budget than just about every other club can't and hasn't helped..

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

Continuity does help though, particularly when you expect people to be in certain positions at certain times and to know exactly what their job is. It can't help when the personnel is different every week.

Personally I think the loss of Brad Brennan has had some impact, if we're gonna play one man rugby league we need that one man to make big yards in the carry.

Proud sponsor of Casey Canterbury 2014 and Simon Brown 2015.

Archived