Kingstone Press Championship: Dewsbury 12 Batley 16

NickD

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is everyone on holiday this week?? Can't see a good gate due to amount of fans on holiday

'Course they are Chris, it's Dewsbury Feast today!

My team would be:-

Fieldhouse

Morton

Pryce

Crooks

Grant

Delaney

Thackeray

Nash

Wildie

Jackson

Adamson

Hale

Brown

Conroy

Smith

Farrell

Aizue

I'll go along with your 17, but put Smith at 10 with Jackson on the bench.

I hope we can get back to winning ways, especially as it's against Batley.

Dewsbury 32 - 22 Batley

FTS: Nash

MoM: Delaney

Att: 1366

Legs, Dews, Legs.

In case you missed it...

The new Amber Ribbon bar in the South Stand will be officially opened, and there'll be a free pint for the first 50 fans:

The Royal Suite has been refurbished and the improvements can be seen for the first time at today's game:

We'll be playing our new club song 'The Amber Ribbon' for the first time this afternoon: 

See you there!

image.jpg

Tom

Them six are early Jesus! Must of needed that free drink, thirsty work supporting us.

Today's game will be another Heavy Woollen slug fest. Errors galore.

Rams 28 V Batley 16

FTS Ainscough

MOM Nash

Att. 1,193 + 6 drunks in a bar

Them six are early Jesus! Must of needed that free drink, thirsty work supporting us.

Today's game will be another Heavy Woollen slug fest. Errors galore.

Rams 28 V Batley 16

FTS Ainscough

MOM Nash

Att. 1,193 + 6 drunks in a bar

My dad does like a pint, but in his defence that photograph was taken yesterday!

Tom

Having seen the squads I'll stick my neck out and predict that, despite Wednesday's efforts, we will win this one as well:

Rams 26 - 16 Dogs

Att: 1350

MoM: Morton

FTS: Thackeray

HT draw: nowhere near!!

I now don't think the FTS will be Thackeray. :(

Better make that Pryce instead.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

What do you know?

What is knowledge Grasshopper?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Does his replacement have to come from the 19 man squad named or can you bring in another?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Dale Mortons best winger on current form.[/quotes

At this stage of the game it's very easy to see who our best winger is. Grant takes his only chance superbly. Morton gifts them a try!

Dale Mortons best winger on current form.[/quotes

At this stage of the game it's very easy to see who our best winger is. Grant takes his only chance superbly. Morton gifts them a try!

Make that two tries. If Carlsberg did stupidity, it would be wearing a Rams shirt - stupid penalties have lost us the game. No doubt it will all be KP's fault. :shout:

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Make that two tries. If Carlsberg did stupidity, it would be wearing a Rams shirt - stupid penalties have lost us the game. No doubt it will all be KP's fault. :shout:

to be fair kp did miss a one on one tackle to give them there match winning try or is that Mortons fault too

teams out. Hyde and Brown the half backs. No Delaney, Muranka makes the bench.

I thought our kicking game was bad but a dreadful effort from the rams this aft but the best team did win for a change

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Thacks is irreplaceable..Seymour isn't far behind.

Clueless, rudderless, leaderless, devoid of any attacking flair. Hopefully even Coolie will now see who our best player is, by a STREET mile.

We also learnt that Hyde can't kick goals of course...Brad Delaney can. He can kick it pretty well in open play too. Pity he didn't get a game! Oops..does that sound like a criticism of the coach? I apologise.

I thought our kicking game was bad but a dreadful effort from the rams this aft but the best team did win for a change

About right that analysis PM. Some questions regarding team selection but Batley looked the hungrier side - maybe having more local players in the team makes all the difference?

Archived