Tongan flyer lands at Rams

Tom Coates

Let's hope our lad from Bradford lasts longer than yours........

Let's hope he gets more ball than Dalton did! If he doesn't we are throwing our money away!

Is Scott Hale going to be his centre?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come on fellers, give him a chance. We haven't even seen him play yet but are still arguing about his signing.

We have a host of injuries and have done something to address it. Would you rather we adopted the Batley approach of insisting that everything is OK when it isn't or getting on and trying to fix it?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Whats up with the second team?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Weird one this I never rated etu at fev and I thought you had signed a very good player in crookes from us but apparently reading comments about crookes on here he doesn't seem to have made the impact I expected him to have for you guys. So hopefully I will be wrong about etu and hopefully see you on the final at Widnes.

Weird one this I never rated etu at fev and I thought you had signed a very good player in crookes from us but apparently reading comments about crookes on here he doesn't seem to have made the impact I expected him to have for you guys. So hopefully I will be wrong about etu and hopefully see you on the final at Widnes.

TBH Crookes as been a massive let down,started off ok so we extended his contract signing him for next season as well,big mistake because he's gone backwards since,his defence is very poor,attacking wise he's not bad. As for Etu I can only comment from what I've seen when he's played against us,always impressed me,s ppl one to Sheffield fan & he rates him so well have to wait & see!!

Come on fellers, give him a chance. We haven't even seen him play yet but are still arguing about his signing.

We have a host of injuries and have done something to address it. Would you rather we adopted the Batley approach of insisting that everything is OK when it isn't or getting on and trying to fix it?

Not having a go bsj. Hope he's great but on the basis Of what I have seen from us this season I wouldn't have bothered. We have a great winger in dalton but he's had crookes or Scott hale as his centre all season. We could have had Ryan Hall on that wing this season and he wouldn't have scored ten tries. You have to be given opportunities with the ball to do anything as a winger and it ain't happened.

You also need to be able to defend Nick.

Although our defence is OK isn't it - you said so?

:onthequiet:

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

You also need to be able to defend Nick.

Although our defence is OK isn't it - you said so?

:onthequiet:

Look at the table bsj. Nowt wrong with our defence. That's a side issue to this thread anyway. Why buy a new winger if he won't ever get the ball?

That's my gripe for this topic thread. Long live attack. Long live Eddie and Dennis. Death to boredom! Let's win every game 42-40!

Dale Mortons best winger on current form.[/quotes of course he is. Dalton is dropped and Greg Scott still to convince. You're all missing my point I think. We could have noddy on the wing where dalton was trying to play. It wouldn't make one iota of difference since the winger in that side sees the ball once a game and once every three games he might get put into a gap.

Dalton will get a chance now or etu as Scott looks likely to be out for the season again with the same injury he's just recovered from, unlucky for gregg but I agree with nick. Dalton with prycey as his centre or Grady would get him more ball. Just out of interest if everyone's fit our best 17 IMO is Fieldhouse, Morton, Grady, Pryce, Grant, Seymour, Thackeray, Hepworth, James Delaney, Nash, Luke Adamson, Hale, Brown. Subs Conroy, Toby Adamson, Smith, Farrell/ Jackson or Aizue depending on match. We have a very good squad to pick from, can't pick everyone though so good players like Spicer and Muranka would have to miss out

Dale Mortons best winger on current form.[/quotes of course he is. Dalton is dropped and Greg Scott still to convince. You're all missing my point I think. We could have noddy on the wing where dalton was trying to play. It wouldn't make one iota of difference since the winger in that side sees the ball once a game and once every three games he might get put into a ga

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

:tongue: 

Dale Mortons best winger on current form.[/quotes of course he is. Dalton is dropped and Greg Scott still to convince. You're all missing my point I think. We could have noddy on the wing where dalton was trying to play. It wouldn't make one iota of difference since the winger in that side sees the ball once a game and once every three games he might get put into a gap.

well said Nick - spot on. Personally I've given up ploughing that lonely furrow to avoid offending the Morrisonettes.   ;)

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Dale Mortons best winger on current form.

I agree Dale is the best winger on current form. But that isn't because he gets more ball. Dale comes looking for it and makes yards coming out of our own twenty. Plays way above his weight. A bit like Bryn used to do. I would envisage Etu will do the same. Dalton has scored some class tries this season but I, along with a lot more, expected him to have much more pace. If he is off to Aus at the end of the season and Scotty is injured again then Etu is a welcome arrival.

well said Nick - spot on. Personally I've given up ploughing that lonely furrow to avoid offending the Morrisonettes.   ;)

If he refused to train he deserved to be dropped .Its time the anti morro squad got their heads from their backside and stop knocking one of the best coaches and teams we have had in decades.

If he refused to train he deserved to be dropped .Its time the anti morro squad got their heads from their backside and stop knocking one of the best coaches and teams we have had in decades.

So DG has refused to train then ? If  we'd all been privy to that snippet of information, maybe we might not have been left wondering why he'd been dropped in the first place. Personally I've not knocked GM as a coach - just queried his selection policies and man management, as I'm entitled to do. I'm the first to agree he has lifted the profile of the club, brought much needed professionalism, and attracted some good players (and driven some away), and he does seems to get results - if not the performances we'd sometimes like. He is still a long way off the finished article though (again just my opinion) - he may well become a coaching legend in time, but I'm not yet prepared to enter into the doey eyed love affair that some posters favour. Please let me know Equalizer, is this a forum for discussion, debate and opinion, or is it just a gladhanding branch of the Glen Morrison fan club ? If it's the latter, then there really isn't much point in joining the debate.

George Bernard Shaw.

So DG has refused to train then ? If  we'd all been privy to that snippet of information, maybe we might not have been left wondering why he'd been dropped in the first place. Personally I've not knocked GM as a coach - just queried his selection policies and man management, as I'm entitled to do. I'm the first to agree he has lifted the profile of the club, brought much needed professionalism, and attracted some good players (and driven some away), and he does seems to get results - if not the performances we'd sometimes like. He is still a long way off the finished article though (again just my opinion) - he may well become a coaching legend in time, but I'm not yet prepared to enter into the doey eyed love affair that some posters favour. Please let me know Equalizer, is this a forum for discussion, debate and opinion, or is it just a gladhanding branch of the Glen Morrison fan club ? If it's the latter, then there really isn't much point in joining the debate.

Well you're certainly living up to your name GOR.

Tell me, in the pantheon of coaches since we won something in 2000 where would you place GM?

I totally agree that this is a forum for discussion and everybody has an opinion. But that's the very nature of the forum, debating other users opinions. I personally think that most supporters are giving praise where it's due. It's been a good season and Glen has played a massive part in that. We are improving as a team and a club and have taken giant leaps since Glen took over. Mark and Glen seem to have a good understanding. That is one of the major keys to success. Everybody in and around the club is buzzing. I think the first one to admit that he isn't the finished article would be Glen. 

I am already looking forward to next season and this one hasn't finished yet. I still think that apart from the 2 coming up from Champ 1 that we will be playing the same teams. Leigh may sneak in at the expense of Wakefield but it will be tough.

Now I may just be a bit naive but it seems to me that the turn around in the teams fortunes seemed to happen when the fans started having a go? or was that just co incidence and it was some coaching masterstroke.If no one had said anything at Fev who knows what might or might not have happened.Personally I think GM has done a good job but some selections are baffling Crookes for eg.

Now I may just be a bit naive but it seems to me that the turn around in the teams fortunes seemed to happen when the fans started having a go? or was that just co incidence and it was some coaching masterstroke.If no one had said anything at Fev who knows what might or might not have happened.Personally I think GM has done a good job but some selections are baffling Crookes for eg.

Isn't that always the case at any club? Doesn't excuse the booing at Fev though - haven't seen them idiots since.

I would love to see the stats for penalties conceded by individual players. Crookes makes silly ones but Farrell makes a lot. Think when we have a fully fit back line Grady Pryce for example, Crookes would struggle to get a look in.

Don't think anyone has actually said Grant refused to train, it may just be a rumour. We are not always privy to what goes on behind the scenes. Grant has been picked a lot this season, so clearly GM rates him. So there may be another reason. Keeping a squad of players happy when you can't pick everyone is a hard task. Some players will take it like a pro and wait their chance and some take their ball home.

Some times when players are "injured" they have been dropped for disciplinary reasons. Equally Marquis Charles told me a few years ago that he would tell the coach he was injured if he had a good Saturday night out lined up!!!! He never really had any hamstring problems.

Well you're certainly living up to your name GOR.

Tell me, in the pantheon of coaches since we won something in 2000 where would you place GM?

Well actually there aren't many (assuming you discount the ch1 winners trophy or whatever). Roy Samson, Andy Fisher, Andy Kelly, Wozzer, and the bloke who took over from him for a few games. Had poor old Wozzer had the funds, he might have done OK - he certainly had them playing good rugby in the promotion year. Likewise AK had his moments. You might as well ask me though, how I rate Roy Hodgson alongside the other England managers since 1966 in the round ball game - some promised much, but ultimately delivered nothing. I'm not saying GM won't, or can't deliver the holy grail of a top four finish - just that so far he hasn't. If he achieves that goal, I'll be the first to drink a toast to him. Maybe you should turn it round and ask how GM would have fared had he been in charge of Wozzers last side, or Andy Fishers first.

George Bernard Shaw.

Well actually there aren't many (assuming you discount the ch1 winners trophy or whatever). Roy Samson, Andy Fisher, Andy Kelly, Wozzer, and the bloke who took over from him for a few games. Had poor old Wozzer had the funds, he might have done OK - he certainly had them playing good rugby in the promotion year. Likewise AK had his moments. You might as well ask me though, how I rate Roy Hodgson alongside the other England managers since 1966 in the round ball game - some promised much, but ultimately delivered nothing. I'm not saying GM won't, or can't deliver the holy grail of a top four finish - just that so far he hasn't. If he achieves that goal, I'll be the first to drink a toast to him. Maybe you should turn it round and ask how GM would have fared had he been in charge of Wozzers last side, or Andy Fishers first.

....or even Norman Smith's team of all the talents?

Morro has had a LOT of money this season and whilst it looks like with the help of Fev & London you will have a decent league position he should get you to the plate final at least

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Archived