keith galloway signs for leeds on 3 year deal

did we not have similar comments about cutherbertson  when his signing was announced last year. leeds had signed yet another nrl player who is nothing much to shout home about  yet 12 months on he is the top offloader in the game and been talked about as good enough to play for England and possibly the best forward in super league .

I know whos judgment I would back on player recruitment  going on the last 10 years  and that's gary Hetherington . he has not really paid out big bucks for any player since he bought keith senior from Sheffield . I would say the last major signing from the nrl in terms of profile was eastwood and that put hetherington off high profile players for obvious reasons.

these days he looks for value and the right character of player to fit into the team ethos and I find it hard to dispute the fact he has done a good job and I think yet again he will prove some people wrong in there judgments .

by the way theres still plenty left under the cap should he choose to add further to the squad

Atchurch?

Garbutt?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what. Doesn't alter the fact that one of our premier clubs needs to import a quarter of their squad  and nearly half a matchday squad.

"Have to" being the key word as despite a top academy the quality of front row forwards isn't up to it

Big Keith doesn't look like he's bending the line much nowadays from what I've seen . I think Leeds could have done better and probably cheaper getting in or promoting a younger buck from closer to home . I think at times we can get a bit NRL starry eyed

Leeds have indeed scraped the barrel and set up young buck Anthony Mullaley to show what he can do so fair play to them.

I think at times we can get starry eyed about how top english junior talent is supposedly lining up to play SL but is being blocked by NRL nobodies.

Lets see how Mulalley goes against the Aussie NRL lads.

Lets see if Mulhearn can break into the team past the Aussies

Cracking signing for ireland though...same goes for pat richards going to catalan

You mean Galloway? Explains why he has a thistle tattooed over his heart and is often seen wearing a Celtic jumper.

You mean Galloway? Explains why he has a thistle tattooed over his heart and is often seen wearing a Celtic jumper.

Galloway has already put his name forward for Scotland 

ah a sunday night in front of the telly watching old rugby league games.

does life get any better .

Atchurch?

Garbutt?

garbutt has played 3 games so far and has outplayed his opposite numbers in each of them  and will make a good impact forward from the bench . Achurch was doing ok before his injury and mcderrmott did say it would take a couple of seasons for the big fella to really show his worth   and he has improved this season . 

ah a sunday night in front of the telly watching old rugby league games.

does life get any better .

garbutt has played 3 games so far and has outplayed his opposite numbers in each of them  and will make a good impact forward from the bench . Achurch was doing ok before his injury and mcderrmott did say it would take a couple of seasons for the big fella to really show his worth   and he has improved this season . 

I also think Achurch would have been on a very modest deal. He only had a few NRL games under his belt and wasn't being chased by any clubs. If he's just an honest plodder on low budget then he is a good buy because every team needs them.

most Celtic fans are Irish republicans

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

most Celtic fans are Irish republicans

I'm no expert on British Isles ethnic groups. I just figured that wearing a Celtic shirt, hating Rangers, having a thistle tattoo and being named after one of Scotland's most famous exports, would make him Scottish.

Keith is a non-Belted Galloway

250px-Belted_Galloway_at_Gretna_Green.jp

Archived