Laughing Stock of Rugby

eltel

Well here we go again No Pride No passion No fight No interest Just No good at all.

The rest of Rugby league are peeing themselves with laughter at Rovers and they

have every reason to do so. Big costly squad three coaches and a chairman in a pear tree.

We deserve everything we have got this season because of the lack of motivation and direction

but alas our problems are beyond the players and coaching staff albeit we have a habit of

choosing duds in the latter department. If anyone needs proof just look how well some of those

who have gone are performing and no doubt there will be another exodus of our players and who

can blame any of them for wanting to leave.

Cas have built up a good performing team with a strong desire to win in a ###### stadium and

shall be moving on whereas Fev or should I say the Fans have built a great ground with

brilliant training facilities yet there is no passion or desire on the field albeit at the start

of the season we had the nucleus of a top squad.

Only one direction to look now and that is clearly the boardroom and it is time for a clearout.

£18 to watch trash not on your nelly as I have said many times we would finish up playing

in front of hundreds instead of thousands if we did not mend our ways which is only what

we really deserve.

No more money from me for this shambolic carry on.

I went to the Sheffield match and have only just got the DVD which I sent for because I really

wanted to view some of the head hunting tackles but I have not watched it and have lost the

will to do so.

Summed up perfectly the title of this thread

Thought London result last week had won them

"the tools de grande" award for unacceptable performance's

But Featherstone rovers have certainly smashed that this week to snatch the trophy ;)

But Sharp, who is hoping for his first win as Rovers coach tonight, stressed: “We are taking the Whitehaven game as importantly as we have the other two we’ve played [since he was appointed coach]. There’s no slacking off of expectations or challenges for us. The players have got an opportunity to impress for next year and it is important people put their hand up and perform well.”

I guess after telling the paper he forgot to tell the players

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

Posted again without all the blank spaces and adding no wonder the first team players are demoralised after

reading some of Sharps comments not exactly the way to get the best out of the team.

Well here we go again No Pride No passion No fight No interest Just No good at all.

The rest of Rugby league are peeing themselves with laughter at Rovers and they

have every reason to do so. Big costly squad three coaches and a chairman in a pear tree.

We deserve everything we have got this season because of the lack of motivation and direction but alas our problems are beyond the players and coaching staff albeit we have a habit of choosing duds in the latter department. If anyone needs proof just look how well some of those who have gone are performing and no doubt there will be another exodus of our players and who can blame any of them for wanting to leave.

Cas have built up a good performing team with a strong desire to win in a ###### stadium and shall be moving on whereas Fev or should I say the Fans have built a great ground with brilliant training facilitiesyet there is no passion or desire on the field albeit at the start of the season we had the nucleus of a top squad.

Only one direction to look now and that is clearly the boardroom and it is time for a clearout.

£18 to watch trash not on your nelly as I have said many times we would finish up playing in front of hundreds instead of thousands if we did not mend our ways which is only what we really deserve.

No more money from me for this shambolic carry on.

I went to the Sheffield match and have only just got the DVD which I sent for because I really wanted to view some of the head hunting tackles but I have not watched it and have lost the will to do so.

I live in Cas for my sins, but have supported Rovers for over 50 years. I have seen some terrible performances in the past, but at least the players although not good enough sometimes tried their best, even being 50 plus down they did not give up. But after the shambolic not interested performance in the first half, I should have thought that Sharp would have read the riot act, and a more committed effort in the second half.NOT SO more of the same dribble.This was the worst I have seen.

I'm off to my club tonight I shall have to take my flax jacket, especially if THEY win this afternoon.

Give the new coach time and let him bring players in he wants with a full.preseason u will be ok. My team batley well we punch above our weight season on season losing our best players to clubs with bigger budgets. Your chairman backs his coach and isnt afraid to sack them . Ours does his best but lacks the sacking of coaches wish he would though

Ok so everybody loses a game they should have won. The big question is why the players didn't give their best and what is the reason for the upset. Is it some that has been mooted that we don't know about? Is it finance, a fall out, or just general discontent.

Can't understand this love for Sharpe ' been sacked where ever he's been, even refs didn't want him,his voice is so boring couldn't motivate or inspire anyone someone said its not how he talks its what he says, common three convincing defeats can't have said much good or am I being too critical

I wouldn't be surprised to see nearly all the squad shown the door after listening to Jon's recent comments or lack of comment! . Bostock, Sharpe, wood, Ellis are definates JY if we can keep him and Ormanroyd. The rest don't cut it.

I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

We have to invest in young players and budget for finishing 5th.......clearly banking on finishing top 4 has massively backfired and players have crumbled under the pressure.... They aren't gonna perform if they are worried about their contracts if they don't make top 4. Budget for 5th and give a bonus for 4th or above.

Regardless IMO our recruitment for 2015 has been poor and there aren't many new faces I'd keep on if I had a choice.

Don't think sharpies opinions mean owt to folk who know about rugby only to his diciples

Not a Sharp fan are you.

Jon sharp got Huddersfield to there 1st challenge cup semi final in 40 year, then to there 1st final in 40 year, then another final the following year, also got them to there 1st ever play off in super league. Nathan brown took over got them to another cc final and left for saints, they've won the league leaders since and had a few play off appearances, so I think Sharpe did pretty well with them and probably took them forward.

Jon sharp got Huddersfield to there 1st challenge cup semi final in 40 year, then to there 1st final in 40 year, then another final the following year, also got them to there 1st ever play off in super league. Nathan brown took over got them to another cc final and left for saints, they've won the league leaders since and had a few play off appearances, so I think Sharpe did pretty well with them and probably took them forward.

But he apparently has a terrible speaking voice so he's rubbish  :tongue:

I have read a lot of stuff on this forum over the course of the season and there is obviously a great deal of frustration at the club generally.

As an interested observer, I think that unfortunately for Featherstone; the one thing that has brought a lot of success (up to a point) is probably the very thing that is holding the club back and stopping it from taking the massive step into Superleague......and that is the man at the top.

It is a really difficult balance for him and to be fair, the bloke seems to be spending a lot of his own money and investing a lot of his time and effort in the club, which is admirable and the reason why he is so passionate about the club (and the reason why he can do no wrong in a lot of people's eyes). However, with this level of investment and passion, comes a great deal of control and this is where the problems lie.

It seems to me that he is the main/only true decision maker and I am pretty sure that this spills into the dressing room and onto the pitch too. Because he is so involved; even with the best intentions, he can completely undermine individual players, the whole team/squad and the coaching staff by crossing the line and getting too involved. For me, his job is to pick what he thinks is the right man for the job and then pay him to coach the squad to the best of his ability. What I think happens from time to time is that the coach is undermined, or players singled out in front of the rest of the squad and this has to have an unsettling influence and give the coach less of an impact on the changing room, when the lads know that the coach is not the one that makes the decisions.

I think Andy Hay is a prime example of this. The statement following his departure was not that he was sacked...rather than he and MC couldn't agree on the performance! It makes you wonder whether AH walked because he was constantly being undermined, despite some good results.

A lot of comments on here relate to changes in personnel on the field week in week out and the lads seemingly looking confused on the pitch. To me, this is a clear indication that there is perhaps one message/team selection from the coaching staff and other influences in the dressing room etc that cloud this message and dictate team selection?? I saw a lot of pre-season matches and a lot of the young lads stood up really well and deserved a shot at the first team.....but were overlooked for the so called big names, who were likely to be picked irrespective of performance because they were getting paid too much to be left out (MC wanting a return on his investment). This creates another problem, because you get disillusioned young lads who bust a gut and can't get a game (or get to play away at Catalan to protect the big names.....play really well, but then get sidelined again)...and also you get a possible relaxing of the big names, because they will play irrespective of performance.  

For me, MC either needs to be replaced with several investors, who will take joint decisions as a board, in the interest of the club; or get similar investors to work with MC and share the responsibility. The question is whether MC will be able to cope with losing some of the control? Once you have that at the top, you can then build/rebuild a squad with a mixture of good young talent that WANT to play for the club, plus some experience in all areas to provide guidance and stability on the field. Any big named players on a decent contract should have some kind of performance related system built in to keep them honest.

What I will say though, is that irrespective of the amount of possible disruption behind the scene and mixed messages etc; there is no excuse for players not trying, or going through the motions. As an ex player (not at Featherstone), if I was unhappy at a club, I would either ask to leave.....or at the very least, play as well as possible in the hope of attracting a new club. Giving up and not trying is not acceptable in rugby league at any level!  

Featherstone is a great club with great facilities and a passionate fan base. They just need people at the top to get the culture right and feed that right from the top, down to the very bottom and all pull in the same direction......and importantly, let the directors do what they do best in the boardroom.....let the coach have the dressing room and give the players have a single message/game plan and the confidence to carry it out.

......end of rant......just an observation!

Archived