England hookers - four into two spots?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In your eyes it is

But your so Wigan biased you'd even have the Wigan coach driver as the England one

He'a liability a hot head,the kiwis especially their current hooker could easily wind him up

Or he could equally wind up Issac Luke, another hot head.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Watching Hodgson through this season he has been exceptional. I think he manages the ruck as well as any hooker I have seen. What I mean by this is rather than just clean distribution from the ruck Hodgson takes the markers out of the game with clever movement and really gives his big forwards some opportunities to gain metres. If they get the timing right you could see the big English props really benefiting from this style.

He is a starting hooker I think as he manages the game. That is now one of Roby's strengths now and I wonder if he could revert back to the role of impact hooker again.

I would go with Hodgson/Clark or Roby /Clark. Not sure which combination at this stage but a very nice dilemma to have.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

I'm watching Penrith v Canberra from the weekend. Hodgson has looked dangerous and influential throughout, as did his opposite number Segayaro. A very fast and open game, too.

It is the first I've seen of Josh since his move, and I was very impressed. He has to be a contender.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Michael Mcillorum is not anywhere near good enough for international RL.

He's affective within Wigan's structure but is lacking in too many areas to be affective at international RL.

Roby is our best hooker so he should be in the side. Its out of Hodgson and Clark. If Hodgson plays he should start with Roby on the bench but if Clark plays Roby should start with Clark on the bench.

Id give Clark a chance for the 1st test and see how he goes.

Josh Hodgson's NRL performance:

"Hodgson is ranked third in try assists (six), third in dummy-half metres (770), third in dummy half runs (107), equal fourth in line-break assists (five), fourth in kicks made (41), fifth in tackle breaks (28), fifth in offloads (12), fifth in run metres (893) and fourth in number of runs (124).

Its 3 into 2....roby,hodgson and clarke are head and shoulders above micky mac...

Ive posed a question on LU about our hooker situation...

Josh is providing canberra with unbelevable intensity,drive and go forward..which,imo,opens up the game for clarke or roby to hit the holes around a tired ruck later in the halves...

Englands hooking senario at the moment is fantastic...nz & oz can't offer want we can at the minute

Oz can definitely offer what England have at the moment. Smith, Segeyaro, Friend, Granville and McCullough all better hookers than Josh Hodgson

NZ are thin on hookers though, but they make up for it in having one of the best.

Oz can definitely offer what England have at the moment. Smith, Segeyaro, Friend, Granville and McCullough all better hookers than Josh Hodgson

NZ are thin on hookers though, but they make up for it in having one of the best.

None of them are as good as James Roby imo.

Patwigaw

Segeyaro is Papua New Guinean or is this another you are trying to claim?

Segeyaro is Papua New Guinean or is this another you are trying to claim?

He's turned his back on PNG to try and get Origin selection, which is a great shame, as he's a very exciting player.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

That's nonsense. Watch the big games.

like grand finals and the like? you know the one 12 months ago when james roby won the game almost single handedly

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

like grand finals and the like? you know the one 12 months ago when james roby won the game almost single handedly

The one that McIlorum didn't play in because he was out injured?

McIlroum is a fantastic player and is key to Wigan. I would say he is our second most important player after O'Loughlin. People keep going on about him giving away penalties but as I have already said on this thread, he has only given away 2 more than Roby and isn't even in the top 50 penalty conceders this year.

I wouldn't want McIlorum playing for any other team than Wigan. It is clear when he is on the pitch as Wigan play better.

Patwigaw

People keep going on about him giving away penalties but as I have already said on this thread, he has only given away 2 more than Roby

But has been on the pitch half the time.

Roby has played almost every match this year and done 80mins in most of those. McIlorum has played fewer games and far fewer minutes but conceded more penalties

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

The one that McIlorum didn't play in because he was out injured?

McIlroum is a fantastic player and is key to Wigan. I would say he is our second most important player after O'Loughlin. People keep going on about him giving away penalties but as I have already said on this thread, he has only given away 2 more than Roby and isn't even in the top 50 penalty conceders this year.

I wouldn't want McIlorum playing for any other team than Wigan. It is clear when he is on the pitch as Wigan play better.

but roby did play and won the game for saints with a virtuoso performance, the only other hooker i have seen do that was terry newton, mcillorum isn't fit to lace eithers boots

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

But has been on the pitch half the time.

Roby has played almost every match this year and done 80mins in most of those. McIlorum has played fewer games and far fewer minutes but conceded more penalties

I still find the penalty thing a ridiculous argument. Point I am making is he isn't as bad as everyone seems to think he is.

Patwigaw

Yours is a commonly held view but not universally held. He has out played his opposite number in every major final he has played in so to that extent hasn't been a liability at club level.

Roby is nailed on first choice and rightly so after that its whoever compliments him best. Its is hugely noticeable how other teams lift when Wigan either have mcillorum missing or replace him

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

He isn't as good as Wigan fans seems to think he is.

...but he's nowhere near as bad as non-Wigan fans repeatedly claim.

But this is the internet, where shades of grey are discouraged. Anything and everything is either awesomely brilliant genius or the absolute utter worst ever...

Ralph Waldo Emerson

He isn't as good as Wigan fans seems to think he is.

But that is only to be mentioned in the group of second tier hookers. You will be hard pressed to find a single Wiganer who would pick him ahead of Roby or insist that he be picked at all. And their an awful lot of Wiganers about. He is better than his detractors give him credit for. Though only in games he plays in, to give Viking Warrior his due. He will almost certainly be anonymous at Wembley this year.

None of them are as good as James Roby imo.

Have you watched much of the Cowboys this year? Granville is as good as Roby if not better. Still young and will replace Smith in time for Australia and Queensland. Very rarely has he had a bad game and is one of the reasons why the Cowboys are so good this year. Cant believe the Broncos allowed him to leave.

Archived