Rams crowds at 15-year high

Tom Coates

“The club, its sponsors and a dedicated team of volunteers have made a huge investment in the club and the stadium during the last two years and it is pleasing to see that hard work paying off"

Dewsbury Rams have achieved their highest average attendance since the turn of the century. 

Tom

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great news and very commendable, but <nit-picker mode on>

The average attendances that are being compared against cover all of the league games across a full season. As our league season has yet to finish, with four more home games to come, then claiming the highest average attendance since whenever is actually statistically inaccurate. Just trying to help, you understand,.

:rtfm:

<revert to normal mode>

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Great news and very commendable, but <nit-picker mode on>

The average attendances that are being compared against cover all of the league games across a full season. As our league season has yet to finish, with four more home games to come, then claiming the highest average attendance since whenever is actually statistically inaccurate. Just trying to help, you understand,.

:rtfm:

<revert to normal mode>

This refers to the regular schedule of home and away matches. I think this provides a more accurate like-for-like comparison on previous seasons, given the difference between the old and new formats.

Hopefully we can stay above an average of 1,369 (set in 2007) to hold on to the headline of 'best average since 2000'.

Tom

Maybe abit of promo work for the Cumbrian and London games could help this?? Bring a mate for a fiver? Free pint before 2? Curtain raisers? Invite all local amatuer rugby players up free of charge and former players and have a dewsbury rl heritage day?? Let's get the lads some decent gates before the final

This refers to the regular schedule of home and away matches. I think this provides a more accurate like-for-like comparison on previous seasons, given the difference between the old and new formats.

Hopefully we can stay above an average of 1,369 (set in 2007) to hold on to the headline of 'best average since 2000'.

guess that will depend on being in the same league as the Bulls. Let's hope they don't get promoted!

Maybe abit of promo work for the Cumbrian and London games could help this?? Bring a mate for a fiver? Free pint before 2? Curtain raisers? Invite all local amatuer rugby players up free of charge and former players and have a dewsbury rl heritage day?? Let's get the lads some decent gates before the final we certainly should do something as a club. More interest created the more fans we take to widnes..

Chris we've a lot of games to play before we can think of widnes

dont forget a few floaters in the sums too,plenty a dogs fans up for the friday games along with other clubs fans who just enjoy a decent game , :pickeat: massive crowds seem a thing a the past. :(

Maybe abit of promo work for the Cumbrian and London games could help this?? Bring a mate for a fiver? Free pint before 2? Curtain raisers? Invite all local amatuer rugby players up free of charge and former players and have a dewsbury rl heritage day?? Let's get the lads some decent gates before the final

How much money do you think the club will make/lose from the eights? My fear is that the gates will be much lower than before, partly due to timing, partly due to unfamiliarity and partly due to a real lack of edge. Two wins out of seven will see us into the semi-finals and five wins would see us comfortably in 1st or 2nd.

It will take a brave initiative by the club to make such a host of generous offers as has been suggested with no guarantee that it will swell the gate.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

How much money do you think the club will make/lose from the eights? My fear is that the gates will be much lower than before, partly due to timing, partly due to unfamiliarity and partly due to a real lack of edge. Two wins out of seven will see us into the semi-finals and five wins would see us comfortably in 1st or 2nd.

It will take a brave initiative by the club to make such a host of generous offers as has been suggested with no guarantee that it will swell the gate.

if it's bring a mate for a fiver? I'm sure the gate would increase as would bar takings?? What's wrong with a ladies day or dewsbury rl heritage/celebration day? Invite all our local amatuer sides up? What's to lose? Far more to gain if you ask me.

if it's bring a mate for a fiver? I'm sure the gate would increase as would bar takings?? What's wrong with a ladies day or dewsbury rl heritage/celebration day? Invite all our local amatuer sides up? What's to lose? Far more to gain if you ask me.

Both I and GOR have very good reasons not to favour a ladies' day Chris.

:ph34r:

Brown and Muffs ?

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

We are in the minority to be offering admission to season ticket holders to all four Super 8s matches, but I don't think there are plans for any one-off offers at this stage.

Still early doors Tom. Reckon the club and yourself could pull something together. The Amber Ribbon bar perfect venue now.

BSJ, what's wrong with a ladies day? You'd have a ball my friend.

I thought every home game for the Rams was ladies day? It certainly was on Sunday looking down the South stand ;)

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

I'll put my hard hat on now.....

Why don't we increase the entrance fee to match some of the other clubs in the 8's, and the offer deals for home support if tickets are purchased early?

"Life's tough.......It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Reckon we should do something anyway to try pull bigger crowds in. If not we'll be getting 800 gates until the semifinals( should we get there which we should) League crowd v haven in league was 900 hunslet 1100 London 900 workington 750... Abit of promo and imsure we would at worst top the 1000 barrier for all 4 games.

:tongue:

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Brown and Muffs ?

Give us a kiss and I'll tell you. ;)

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Archived