1 Aug: CCSF2 - Hull Kingston Rovers v Warrington Wolves KO 12.45pm

Who will win?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull Kingston Rovers
    • Warrington Wolves

Rovers deserved to win today, but i don't understand why Warrington keep trying to push passes all the time.

In the last en minutes KR were at it, I couldn't understand why they didn't stuff it up their jumpers.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its the same open style that leeds play but warrington  don't seem to be able to have the same backing up the ball ability that leeds have . i would have thought warrington would have been better trying to bully rovers up the middle  and stave them o good possession and room

I would say that the Leeds offloads are a bit more measured that Warrington's.

I would say that the Leeds offloads are a bit more measured that Warrington's.

They do tend to try and stand in the tackle and look around.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

The sooner Sandow arrives at the HJ and starts stamping down some authority and directing the team around the pitch (qv Michael Monaghan) the better.

Warrington are an exceptional team on paper, but have only shown it on brief occasions so far this season.

Thought i saw Sandow in the stands with the other injured/suspended players

But think you maybe dissapointed as Sandow is a free spirit not a team player

i thought in some ways the 2 semis had the same problems for the losing teams  well apart from them both losing .  for both leeds and hull kr  thre forwards had massive help from the backs who got in there and took a lot of pressure off the forwards with running the ball out to great effect but both saints and warringtons backs just seemed to wait out wide for the good ball they expected to get and did not often go inside to help out the forwards thus what in theory were the better packs were unable to keep firing the way they normally do .

I agree.  When Peacock scored, ok it was Burrow who made the initial break, but Leeds's line was cleared by Ryan Hall, doing the hard yards like a prop forward.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Just got back to Cardiff still on cloud 9! From the first day of the season you could see Rovers ability to beat anyone on their day and the talent of Kelly Mantellato Sio and Blair never mind Campese and Allgood. Wembley was always a possibility but after 29 years...forget Hunslet and the Silk Cut Plate...need to enjoy this one as I for one will not be fit and able if still around in 2044!

What does Gary Schofield know about the game, expecting a one sided game.

Now to get the monkey off the back, a chance to be the first Hull team to win at Wembley without it being incestuous. If we fail how many Hull and Rovers appearances will that be.

Thanks for all the positive comments and promises of support. 13000 on a Saturday morning in the school holidays isn't bad, how many would have had holiday commitments.

Now to cancel my late August holiday. Funny had to cancel Tunisia in 1980, an omen perhaps.

Just got back to Cardiff still on cloud 9! From the first day of the season you could see Rovers ability to beat anyone on their day and the talent of Kelly Mantellato Sio and Blair never mind Campese and Allgood. Wembley was always a possibility but after 29 years...forget Hunslet and the Silk Cut Plate...need to enjoy this one as I for one will not be fit and able if still around in 2044!

Now to get the monkey off the back, a chance to be the first Hull team to win at Wembley without it being incestuous. If we fail how many Hull and Rovers appearances will that be.

Thanks for all the positive comments and promises of support. 13000 on a Saturday morning in the school holidays isn't bad, how many would have had holiday commitments.

Now to cancel my late August holiday. Funny had to cancel Tunisia in 1980, an omen perhaps.

Don't forget to get some cardboard and a marker pen, for that "will the last person out of Steve Reed's house please turn out the lights" sign, eh? 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Congratulations mate, enjoy your day out.

It ends there.  :tongue:

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

No, its a memory for life. Just like 1986, if only Miller had not played half fit, if that last goalkick had gone over.....will be thinking of you on the day.

Now we can concentrate on the middle 8s for 2 weeks and go easy on the 3rd one.

I agree. When Peacock scored, ok it was Burrow who made the initial break, but Leeds's line was cleared by Ryan Hall, doing the hard yards like a prop forward.

On the player mike you could hear Zak ask Ryan to take some of the load off him. He responded with "OK" and that's what he did!

No, its a memory for life. Just like 1986, if only Miller had not played half fit, if that last goalkick had gone over.....will be thinking of you on the day.

Now we can concentrate on the middle 8s for 2 weeks and go easy on the 3rd one.

Sorry, you misunderstood me.

"It ends there" meant I wasn't gonna finish the post giving you any good wishes for the final.

I'm sure whatever the result, you lot will have a great weekend in London.

Enjoy.

Call me cynical but Kr players are dropping like flies of late...

I thought the same but then I saw Hull KR's physio and that explained everything! I would drop down like a fly as well...............argghh it's my groin again :)

On a separate point, which others have made, i thought Briers was lucky not to be ordered off the pitch by the ref. I know some other teams do it (remember NZ did it a lot in the 4 Nations), but that was blatant coaching and shouldn't be allowed

The sooner Sandow arrives at the HJ and starts stamping down some authority and directing the team around the pitch (qv Michael Monaghan) the better.

That's not what Sandow does, he's an individualist to the extreme. It'll be Gidley doing all that, I guess

So 3 years on the trot we lose a semi......... Congrats to HKR, pride, passion and teamwork got you through, the fans were the extra person. Enjoy your big day out, I do fear for you ( please don't shoot me down, it's just opinion)

So, I'm bitterly disappointed, I did have tears at the end...... Why, there was a few good performances in the team, I feel for hill, Simms,Clarke, Atkins and Ratchford, but i was just so annoyed at the lack of respect, it frustrated me, I know we play high risk plays, but some of them were just not need, flat pass (ok forward passes) to break the line......... But what really did frustrate me was our ability on the last play, totally and utterly rubbish......not one drop out and when we hit the goal posts in the last we then allowed KR to go the length of the field to score..

It's easy the day after to pull the side apart and have a moan at smith.......

Smith is at fault for one thing only, not replacing briers. Not easily done, but it obvious for the last few seasons

Anyhow, the last 7 years have been amazing, we have achieved and underachieved, so for that reason I must say I'd rather be in the games and not scrapping at the other end of the table or having weekends off.

May the best team win at Wembley, my ticket came yesterday, love wemebly weekend and I'll keep going until I fall out of love with the game. It'll be nice to see a new team at the NEW Wembley

I do like josh mantellato....hes very "pat richards"

Always reminds me of Basil Fawlty

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

I read Schofield's comments about Warrington blowing Rovers away by half-time and thought the bloke's a fool. Rovers were always going to make it tough for Warrington. Your team thoroughly deserved the win. They played with more heart and aggression than Warrington.

Now how does that song go? "You'll never win at Wembley" or something?

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

So, Hull KR v Leeds at Wembley, jeez, how much worse could it be for me?

The ultimate nightmare final and the first time it's happened in the competition's history.

I might go for a very long bike ride that day.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Can't see Rovers beating Leeds, but then I couldn't see them beating Wire.  I was actually there when Hull FC won the Challenge Cup at Elland Road.  I was at Wembley a year later too when they lost ! :)   I missed the whole thing in 2005, I was en-route from Wigan to Sailsbury by train, so I couldn't even listen!

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

If the RFL are to continue with their investigation into Hull FC fans on the KC Lightstream Stadium pitch at the end of the recent derby, what about this lot last night?!?!

boxing1_zpsc67b32b1.png

A fair few of them will have been to Headingley earlier in the day no doubt.

Can't see Rovers beating Leeds, but then I couldn't see them beating Wire.  I was actually there when Hull FC won the Challenge Cup at Elland Road.  I was at Wembley a year later too when they lost ! :)   I missed the whole thing in 2005, I was en-route from Wigan to Sailsbury by train, so I couldn't even listen!

Warrington have been inconsistent all season and Rovers had already stuffed them once. Leeds are a different proposition. They have far too much class across the park for Rovers.

It would take an off day akin to Hull's in 1983 for Leeds to lose at Wembley and I think they're too professional a club to let that happen.

A fair few of them will have been to Headingley earlier in the day no doubt.

A fair few of them were on the pitch at Headingley earlier in the day.

Archived