Pennine league 2015/16 season

Don't think they know themselves yet as the applications may not have to be in yet, Hull applications have to be in for the 12th August so a bit of time. I was told the other week only 50% of the teams from last year have enquired so as we keep saying a sorry state of affairs. The old Yorkshire league have said they want to start again but the RFL have said they cannot, I don't know why they don't speak to Hull and District to see if that is an avenue that could be looked into.

That's sad to hear about the Hull league. I can understand the summer clubs not wanting to play year round, but a real shame to lose clubs from the game all together.

To be honest I think the RFL were acting to protect the Pennine league in stopping the Yorkshire league as it had a rough season last year and probably wouldn't cope with the split. Was the Yorkshire League proposal by clubs unhappy with the Pennine league's management of affairs, or was it just busy body committee men?

That's sad to hear about the Hull league. I can understand the summer clubs not wanting to play year round, but a real shame to lose clubs from the game all together.

To be honest I think the RFL were acting to protect the Pennine league in stopping the Yorkshire league as it had a rough season last year and probably wouldn't cope with the split. Was the Yorkshire League proposal by clubs unhappy with the Pennine league's management of affairs, or was it just busy body committee men?

Sorry Bowes the Pennine enquires were 50% down, apparently the Hull league is similar to last season

Sorry Bowes the Pennine enquires were 50% down, apparently the Hull league is similar to last season

Ah that makes much more sense. I did wonder where the Hull sides would have gone. I guess the Pennine league has lost a lot of sides to summer, but unfortunately loads have folded as well

• 3 weeks later...

As anything been said regarding start dates or league set up? I heard a rumour could be as late mid October before the seasons get under way???

Rugby league players pretend not be injured for 80 minutes. Footballers pretend to be injured for 90

The winter season was here first and the switch was supposed to bring in lots of new players, teams and clubs, none of this has unfortunately happened and Bowes is right same players, same teams.

I must admit more than I thought would enter, with Hull nearly 100 teams, I am sure some won't start the season, some won't finish the season, there will be call offs due to the weather but would think it will be better than the Yorkshire Men's League until the RFL put their spin on the completion rate, my figure yesterday was an average 4.6 games per team in the YML through the season, some teams play more pre-season games than this

Yeah some clubs (Ossett Trinity, Victoria Rangers, Keighley Albion, Ovenden etc) seem to just play year round as they did in the old RLC days only with some overlap of season.

Some NCL clubs seem to try to play all year round and usually struggle come March. Also there are cases of pretty much the same players playing under different names in summer and winter (Allerton Bywater and Kippax Knights did this, unsure if they still do?)

Yeah it's a lot more clubs than I expected, personally I'd rather the Pennine league had gone for fewer teams but only included clubs that can commit from September til May with no summer commitments.

poorest standard I've seen since i started playing in 1999.

Batley Boys #

Doncaster Toll Bar

Fryston Warriors *

Morley Borough

New Earswick All Blacks #

Queens *

Upton *

West Bowling *

* Nearly always been around the Premier division, # Nearly always been 1st division and Toll Bar have eventually started to get their junior's who have gone to play academy/pro coming back to the club after year of going AWOL, they are now a cracking side, well drilled, tough and can play a bit, Morley are the only team who seem to have come from nowhere fast.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Quality is down. The Pennine League didn't help themselves last year messing with the divisions and allowing teams to move divisions after season had started. Notice Queensbury are fielding 3 teams again.

Quality will go down as teams move to play at a higher standard (On paper) to the NCL

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

do bentley have any juniors? I know toll bar do but do they have any youth?otherwise it could be entering a comp from not a solid foundation, sharlston have none, not unless they nick a few sides from surrounding clubs. 

What happened to moorends, marauder? they were the best side round that neck of woods for a long while, noticed some of them playing for toll bar, was there a fallout/coach left? 

Archived